• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Where are the blocks?

19 and 11. 24 and 11. 26 and 14. 30 and 12. With one block in 3 out of the 4.  Not good enough for you huh?

And btw, if you expected John Collins to be Rudy Gobert then unfortunately your expectations were off. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

For me, sell Collins for Turner is not a sell high..Turner is hot because Oladipo is out, I don’t think he will keep his level when Oladipo will be back...

I think you could have much better..😉

Tru dat. Gonna shoot the moon -- Whiteside, or even Mitch Robinson! (fyi I only play 2 category roto leagues that score headaches & blocks)

2 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Tru dat. Gonna shoot the moon -- Whiteside, or even Mitch Robinson! (fyi I only play 2 category roto leagues that score headaches & blocks)

It will be more interesting to sell Collins + X for Gobert for exemple..(your setting league is very strange ..🤔)

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

19 and 11. 24 and 11. 26 and 14. 30 and 12. With one block in 3 out of the 4.  Not good enough for you huh?

And btw, if you expected John Collins to be Rudy Gobert then unfortunately your expectations were off. 

My expectation was based on last year (1.1 blocks in 24 MPG) with improvement and increased minutes leading to something like 1.4-1.5. He is at 0.5 this year. I doubt he stays that low. Even if he does he remains a valuable fantasy player but blocks are tough to source. Whether he averages 0.5 or 1.3 by the end of the season makes a difference.

Moved this boyo today.  Future is bright and I drafted him and held willingly.  It’ll be a fun ride, GL 

To those who followed him last season, has he made a significant jump this season? He’s been playing like a beast

I really want him, what do you guys think it will take for an owner to give him up?

10 minutes ago, Suph said:

I really want him, what do you guys think it will take for an owner to give him up?

a top 35-40 player or I wouldn't even blink

I think the points and shooting is a bit inflated, but then again that's the upside we hunt for and could be real (look at Fox this year)

I think the stocks will slowly come along too.

He can legit finish anywhere from top 20 - top 30

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaacxhan said:

To those who followed him last season, has he made a significant jump this season? He’s been playing like a beast

He was a top 100 guy as a rookie playing 25 min/ game. Video was posted of him draining 3s over and over in practice. The per 36 avgs were dbl/dbl with 2.5 stks. Lot of foul trouble and sometimes time-share with Dedmon kept his minutes down, or he would have gotten a lot more hype coming into this season. This guy nailed it last year on page 1:

does anyone else notice how he is a bit feminine (hand gestures) when he plays? dont get me wrong, he finishes games like a man (stats prove it) but he just has a little daintyness to his game. I can't be the only one to notice this?

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

16 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

does anyone else notice how he is a bit feminine (hand gestures) when he plays? dont get me wrong, he finishes games like a man (stats prove it) but he just has a little daintyness to his game. I can't be the only one to notice this?

Oh lord this will surely affect his fantasy value. Drop him now

2 minutes ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

Oh lord this will surely affect his fantasy value. Drop him now

well i said he finishes like a man lol. and no way im trading him before he reaches sell high status or at least top 50

He has reached sell high status 

hes ranked 18 over last 2 weeks by averages for yahoo.  

People arent going to fret fret over his season long ranking, they know he was out for most of the season. 

Edited by nospmoht04

17 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

He has reached sell high status 

hes ranked 18 over last 2 weeks by averages for yahoo.  

People arent going to fret fret over his season long ranking, they know he was out for most of the season. 

Yet his stocks are only starting to trickle in, i would say he has not reached sell high yet. 2 weeks is meangingless, most average GM's wont evn look at that, they'll look at his past games and his season average. and his season average matters because even tho he has been out for most of the season, his averages dont take that into account. ie any big game can bump up his averages since theyre not weighted as heavily. 

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

I don't know his family history, but if he was raised by only his mother he may have taken on many of her mannerisms rather than a mix of two or more guardians. I have a friend who is this way. He's a lovable lump.

51 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

Yet his stocks are only starting to trickle in, i would say he has not reached sell high yet. 2 weeks is meangingless, most average GM's wont evn look at that, they'll look at his past games and his season average. and his season average matters because even tho he has been out for most of the season, his averages dont take that into account. ie any big game can bump up his averages since theyre not weighted as heavily. 

Hes had 6 double doubles in a row with constant career highs involved.  His FG% is a big part of his value right now too. 

I just moved him and Gordon for Embiid and Batum.  

Edited by nospmoht04