marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

22 minutes ago, levels22 said:

With Collins coming back, how would it affect owners of guys like Dedmond and Len?

Well, it's not good. I think in standard leagues those guys are already just streamers, right? They go from being guys you stream in and be confident you'll get at least something out of (like today, right, the Hawks have a B2B tomorrow and Wednesday, so I think they're good adds) to guys you stream in with less confidence. Of course it depends on who's on your wire but I wouldn't be holding if anything even kinda shiny caught my eye. 

28 minutes ago, levels22 said:

With Collins coming back, how would it affect owners of guys like Dedmond and Len?

I am streaming with Len this week, and hopefully drop once Collins is back next week.

Traded for the boy. Thought it was the right time.

Gave Kanter/Harrell for JV/Collins.

I like Collins’ outlook. Think he’ll be top 50-60 ROS with good stocks and percentages. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 2:33 AM, ovofnd said:

Traded for the boy. Thought it was the right time.

Gave Kanter/Harrell for JV/Collins.

I like Collins’ outlook. Think he’ll be top 50-60 ROS with good stocks and percentages. 

You got a steal !

7 hours ago, Mfbenoit said:

Yeah and you get the feeling they were excessively cautious which makes it feel like he will come back at close to 100%

he is set to be re-evaluated on Monday. Are there any news since Nov 5 blurb? Am i missing something?

1 hour ago, Manos A said:

he is set to be re-evaluated on Monday. Are there any news since Nov 5 blurb? Am i missing something?

From CBS: Collins (ankle) said Thursday that he hopes to return within the "next couple of games," Chris Kirschner of The Athletic reports. "I don't have a specific date in mind," Collins said. "With the stuff I've been doing in the past couple of days, the progression has been very good. The training staff and everyone likes the way I'm moving. I'm just hoping things can continue to go the way they are going and I can make a return in the next couple of games, but you never know."

Collins is yet to play this season as he works back from an ankle injury, but he was cleared for modified, on-court drills earlier in the week and will travel with the Hawks on their upcoming road trip, which begins Sunday in Los Angeles and concludes the following Saturday in Indianapolis. It's possible that Collins could return at some point during the trip, though the Hawks likely won't have much time to practice over the next several weeks. Beginning Friday, Atlanta doesn't have consecutive days off until Dec. 9 and 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

What are the chances he plays on Tuesday vs GSW? I really need him this week.

didn't see anything to imply that he will play. Probably towards the end of the week maybe. But even if he comes back I would imagine he will have limited minutes to start

6 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

What are the chances he plays on Tuesday vs GSW? I really need him this week.

none

7 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

didn't see anything to imply that he will play. Probably towards the end of the week maybe. But even if he comes back I would imagine he will have limited minutes to start

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

none

But he was with the team on Sunday. They said he will miss at least three more games, he missed four of them. I still hope he might return this week, if not Tuesday then Thursday.

My bet is he is back Thursday.  He looked ready to go last week, and I'm assuming they just wanted him to get his cardio up to speed before putting him in the lineup.

I'd expect 28-30 mins out of the gate, and within 2 weeks, up to 32-35mpg as long as there are no set backs.  Collins has the skill set to contribute big time, and I moved Ingram for him early this season, not because I don't believe in Ingram, but because Collins looks NBA ready right now.  The lowly Hawks have some really nice, young pieces.  If they can make it to the playoffs, and show the league they are 1-2 players away from competing, they have a chance to sign a solid free agent in the offseason.  That means, expect Collins and Trae Young to showcase all season.  This is a huge season for the future of the franchise.  If you can't have both of these guys on your roster by ASB, at least get 1, and I'd pick Collins over Trae by about 25-30 spots overall by season's end. 

My prediction is Collins is a top 50 player ROS, and Trae is top 75.  Both are also gold in dynasty.

I expect when he comes back, his minutes will be in the low 20's at first. The Hawks really is babying him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dapro said:

I expect when he comes back, his minutes will be in the low 20's at first. The Hawks really is babying him.

It's possible, but it seems to me like Atlanta purposely held him out so he's 100% ready to go once it's game time.

A lot of NBA players and coaches have spoken about how "nothing prepares your body for the tempo and grind of NBA action, except  actual NBA action", so you could be right and Collins could be gassed within 20 minutes in his first game back.  Now that you mention this, I'll edit my prediction to 25-28mpg out of the gate, plus they'll most likely rest him in the first back-to-back scheduled after his return.   Even if he looks great out there the first week, they'll be cautious.  Good point.

Still hate no update or target date set. I hope we don’t get another re-evaluate in two weeks uodate by end of week again. 

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Still hate no update or target date set. I hope we don’t get another re-evaluate in two weeks uodate by end of week again. 

tumblr_nx9x84ZYJ41shob51o1_400.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Manos A said:

tumblr_nx9x84ZYJ41shob51o1_400.gif

Lol the way my season has gone with injuries sadly it’s what I’m expecting. I’m just being reasonable here. If Collins was real close why has there been no mention of a return date? Unless it’s just the Hawks being the Hawks. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I think he will play this week. Thursday or Saturday would be my guess.  He just needs to go through a full practice first.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

Lol the way my season has gone with injuries sadly it’s what I’m expecting. I’m just being reasonable here. If Collins was real close why has there been no mention of a return date? Unless it’s just the Hawks being the Hawks. 

No i get it. The lack of updates are always a concern. However the last update let us think that there wont be any other re-evaluation, just getting him to game shape. I wish your team better luck in the future.

• Thanks 1

So what is this guy ROS projection? Do you think top 50 will be his value?