marko from tropoja

John Collins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1.5 blk seems like a lot. Never touted as a high level shotblocker. 10 reb is optimistic but not outrageously so. If he can add a 3 and a stl, that would put him up another level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren’t we settling ourselves up for disappointment with projections like this?? I am going to conservatively hope for 15/7 with a block per. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about ...

4 hours ago, hakeemthedream said:

17 ppg 10 reb 2 ast 1.5 blk

... as his ceiling and ...

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

15/7 with a block per. 

... as his floor (if 100% healthy ofc)

If these kind of numbers don't shout top 50 value, i don't know what is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's overly optimistic to predict:

 

1 three

18 points

10 rebounds

2 ast

1 stl

1.5 blocks

 

Remember, Atlanta was openly tanking so they had Colliins playing well, but purposely not trying to beast enough to impact the game with a win.  He also only played 24 mpg last season, which will def not be the case this year when he shows he's healthy, and in game shape.  He had 1.1 blocks last year in those 24 minutes, so it's actually safe to assume 1.5 average, or possibly a bit higher.  The Hawks having a strong core, I think,  benefits Collins value more than most people realize.  The 10 rebound prediction maps out correctly based off the increased minutes, too.  He averaged 7.2 last year.  Collins isn't a HUGE guy, but he is seriously athletic, and positions himself well for rebounds / putbacks. He also doesn't have anyone on his team that will challenge him for those 50/50 balls, like a Westbrook / Steven Adams situation.  Atlanta will want him to gobble those up, stuff the stat sheet, to make this team look as attractive as possible for upcoming free agents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the projections are optimistic. it all depends on Young and how much he hogs the ball and keeps launching trey's from 30 ft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's close guys I can feel it deep down in my nutsuck.

 

I won't go into projections except I think when he's up and running he will be close to Top 50. Hot take - he will be better than Ayton on a per game basis.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kamura said:

He's close guys I can feel it deep down in my nutsuck.

 

I won't go into projections except I think when he's up and running he will be close to Top 50. Hot take - he will be better than Ayton on a per game basis.

 

Aaaaaaahhahahahah u silly. I like it :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kamura said:

He's close guys I can feel it deep down in my nutsuck.

 

I won't go into projections except I think when he's up and running he will be close to Top 50. Hot take - he will be better than Ayton on a per game basis.

How reliable is your nutsack when it comes to fantasy basketball?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

I think the projections are optimistic. it all depends on Young and how much he hogs the ball and keeps launching trey's from 30 ft

Young is pretty passive so that shouldn't really be a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nurkic - Ibaka - Aaron Gordon - Mirotic - Capela - Myles Turner etc etc etc

 

where are we putting collins amongst all these other types of bigs for value ROS?

 

i think i prefer ibaka mirotic gordon to collins

 

then nurkic and Capela im kind of iffy on might prefer capela i guess

 

but anyway yea i was curious to see some comps for valuating our boy Collins in trades and such

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Nurkic - Ibaka - Aaron Gordon - Mirotic - Capela - Myles Turner etc etc etc

 

where are we putting collins amongst all these other types of bigs for value ROS?

 

i think i prefer ibaka mirotic gordon to collins

 

then nurkic and Capela im kind of iffy on might prefer capela i guess

 

but anyway yea i was curious to see some comps for valuating our boy Collins in trades and such

 

1. Capela - huge buy low, top 35 last year, Melo leaving should stabilise things, FG REB BLK anchor, don’t sleep on Capela

 

2. Mirotic  - good triples and rebounds this year, defensive stats are decent

 

3. John Collins - expecting a 17/9/0.9stl/1.2blk/1.1 threes kind of season. 

 

4. Nurkic - top 60-70 player, potential for 17/10/1.3blk with questionable % and foul trouble leading to lower mins

 

5. Ibaka - sell high player, top 50-60 but nothing to suggest his blocks are coming back up, FG unsustainable, decent rebounds, his value has peaked imho

 

6. Aaron Gordon - doesn’t have the stat set to be considered a ‘big man’ I’d rely on, Gordon’s more a wing with shaky % and decent stocks

 

7. Turner - starting to classify this guy as a blocks specialist, but remains a decent buy low

 

I definitely would prefer Collins over Ibaka (again, sell high, won’t hold down the rebounds + stocks fort as a big), AG and Turner. I would sell Collins for Capela and Mirotic in an instant.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

 

1. Capela - huge buy low, top 35 last year, Melo leaving should stabilise things, FG REB BLK anchor, don’t sleep on Capela

 

2. Mirotic  - good triples and rebounds this year, defensive stats are decent

 

3. John Collins - expecting a 17/9/0.9stl/1.2blk/1.1 threes kind of season. 

 

4. Nurkic - top 60-70 player, potential for 17/10/1.3blk with questionable % and foul trouble leading to lower mins

 

5. Ibaka - sell high player, top 50-60 but nothing to suggest his blocks are coming back up, FG unsustainable, decent rebounds, his value has peaked imho

 

6. Aaron Gordon - doesn’t have the stat set to be considered a ‘big man’ I’d rely on, Gordon’s more a wing with shaky % and decent stocks

 

7. Turner - starting to classify this guy as a blocks specialist, but remains a decent buy low

 

I definitely would prefer Collins over Ibaka (again, sell high, won’t hold down the rebounds + stocks fort as a big), AG and Turner. I would sell Collins for Capela and Mirotic in an instant.

Interesting. I might have to wait until Collins actually steps on the court before selling him. I like the idea of going after Capela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

Interesting. I might have to wait until Collins actually steps on the court before selling him. I like the idea of going after Capela

 

I would 100% go after Capela. The only thing separating him from top 35 value and what he is now (top 70) is making an FG attempt, 0.4bpg and 0.4spg. Doable adjustments ROS. His shot attempts are up (13FGA to 14.5FGA) and so are his rebounds and assists.

 

Having said that, I’m expecting Collins to be fun to own — barring injuries of course. Looks like he’s expanded his range in SL, Hawks have no one else other than Trae (who should benefit Collins), and they’re playing at a quick pace. Fits Collins’ run and gun game. Helps that they consider him a franchise cornerstone too.

Edited by ovofnd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

 

1. Capela - huge buy low, top 35 last year, Melo leaving should stabilise things, FG REB BLK anchor, don’t sleep on Capela

 

2. Mirotic  - good triples and rebounds this year, defensive stats are decent

 

3. John Collins - expecting a 17/9/0.9stl/1.2blk/1.1 threes kind of season. 

 

4. Nurkic - top 60-70 player, potential for 17/10/1.3blk with questionable % and foul trouble leading to lower mins

 

5. Ibaka - sell high player, top 50-60 but nothing to suggest his blocks are coming back up, FG unsustainable, decent rebounds, his value has peaked imho

 

6. Aaron Gordon - doesn’t have the stat set to be considered a ‘big man’ I’d rely on, Gordon’s more a wing with shaky % and decent stocks

 

7. Turner - starting to classify this guy as a blocks specialist, but remains a decent buy low

 

I definitely would prefer Collins over Ibaka (again, sell high, won’t hold down the rebounds + stocks fort as a big), AG and Turner. I would sell Collins for Capela and Mirotic in an instant.

I can get onboard with this list.

 

Capela and Mirotic are proven beasts, still waiting on our boy John to fully display his potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the ESPN Gamecast of the Hawks-Warriors game, John Collins is no longer on the injury report. You heard it here first! Now lets see if he actually plays! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eskae said:

According to the ESPN Gamecast of the Hawks-Warriors game, John Collins is no longer on the injury report. You heard it here first! Now lets see if he actually plays! 

Whhaaaaaaat? Do not get my hopes up bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kamura said:

I can get onboard with this list.

 

Capela and Mirotic are proven beasts, still waiting on our boy John to fully display his potential.

 

I'm happy to agree Capela and Mirotic are much better players but the Hawks are terrible and Collins could outproduce them this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ovofnd said:

 

1. Capela - huge buy low, top 35 last year, Melo leaving should stabilise things, FG REB BLK anchor, don’t sleep on Capela

 

2. Mirotic  - good triples and rebounds this year, defensive stats are decent

 

3. John Collins - expecting a 17/9/0.9stl/1.2blk/1.1 threes kind of season. 

 

4. Nurkic - top 60-70 player, potential for 17/10/1.3blk with questionable % and foul trouble leading to lower mins

 

5. Ibaka - sell high player, top 50-60 but nothing to suggest his blocks are coming back up, FG unsustainable, decent rebounds, his value has peaked imho

 

6. Aaron Gordon - doesn’t have the stat set to be considered a ‘big man’ I’d rely on, Gordon’s more a wing with shaky % and decent stocks

 

7. Turner - starting to classify this guy as a blocks specialist, but remains a decent buy low

 

I definitely would prefer Collins over Ibaka (again, sell high, won’t hold down the rebounds + stocks fort as a big), AG and Turner. I would sell Collins for Capela and Mirotic in an instant.

 

I personally would rank these players ROS - 

1. Capela

2. Mirotic

3. Ibaka

4. Collins

5. Nurkic

6. Turner

7. Gordon

 

I'm interested to know where people rank Collins overall ROS.  I think he's going to produce right around top 50 value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...