Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Gavin Lux - SS/2B LAD

Overdue for a thread. 1st rounder in 2016 from Kenosha, WI (#OnWisco).

Lux developed fine instincts as he grew up around the game. When his tools improved across the board as a high school senior, he became the first shortstop drafted in 2016 (20th overall) and signed for $2,314,500.

Rough-ish learning season last year, but added a ton of strength last winter and retooled his swing. 6'2" and solid 190.

Crushing it in High-A ball this year (missed about 2-3 weeks of games with muscle strain).

Overall at .319/.396/.509 for a .905 OPS with 9 HR...needs to work on his base stealing, but he has plenty of raw speed and arm/glove to stay at SS.

He's top 50 material for me, and seems to be popping up in the back half of a few updated lists lately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Overdue for a thread. 1st rounder in 2016 from Kenosha, WI (#OnWisco).

Lux developed fine instincts as he grew up around the game. When his tools improved across the board as a high school senior, he became the first shortstop drafted in 2016 (20th overall) and signed for $2,314,500.

Rough-ish learning season last year, but added a ton of strength last winter and retooled his swing. 6'2" and solid 190.

Crushing it in High-A ball this year (missed about 2-3 weeks of games with muscle strain).

Overall at .319/.396/.509 for a .905 OPS with 9 HR...needs to work on his base stealing, but he has plenty of raw speed and arm/glove to stay at SS.

He's top 50 material for me, and seems to be popping up in the back half of a few updated lists lately.

Thanks for the write-up S.S.  Thoughts on whether or not he could get moved off SS?  Lots can happen, I know, including him being moved in a deal for Machado or someone else at the deadline.  He's still a couple years away, but provided he stays in the organization, it would seem Seager is likely to stay at short (unless Lux is a superior defender?) so if he's moved does he have enough bat for 3B/OF, or would he be more likely to move to 2B do you think?

On 7/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, BigPapi44 said:

Thanks for the write-up S.S.  Thoughts on whether or not he could get moved off SS?  Lots can happen, I know, including him being moved in a deal for Machado or someone else at the deadline.  He's still a couple years away, but provided he stays in the organization, it would seem Seager is likely to stay at short (unless Lux is a superior defender?) so if he's moved does he have enough bat for 3B/OF, or would he be more likely to move to 2B do you think?

I think he'll get a pretty good opp to stay on SS, he'd be an awesome 2B for sure...he's a no doubt MI imo

3-5 last night with his 10th HR of season.

I am 70% certain he'd be in a package for Machado...which would only increase his value imo

• Thanks 1

Gavin Lux in the Texas League (AA) playoffs is hitting .429 with 2BB, 5 doubles, and a HR in 5 games.  3 multi hit games in a row.  The 20 year old is leading off in a pretty stacked lineup with Keibert Ruiz and DJ Peters.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:47 AM, FouLLine said:

Gavin Lux in the Texas League (AA) playoffs is hitting .429 with 2BB, 5 doubles, and a HR in 5 games.  3 multi hit games in a row.  The 20 year old is leading off in a pretty stacked lineup with Keibert Ruiz and DJ Peters.

Leads off tonight with a HR.

This guy was named as MLB's minor league All Star SS and he barely has a page going here...

we are talking a top 10 prospect folks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, bigbossman said:

This guy was named as MLB's minor league All Star SS and he barely has a page going here...

we are talking a top 10 prospect folks

Top 10 in the Majors? No.

Top 10 in the Dodgers system? Yes. Probably Top 5 

Ya, I don't think Lux is a top 10 prospect yet.  On real prospect lists, he has emerged on many top 100's.  Arguably on fantasy lists where defence is not a priority, he would rank a lot higher.  There is some debate that he will move off SS to 2B, which would put more pressure on his bat, which is why I believe he is not higher on those non-fantasy top 100's.   Presuming he will start at AA next year, which if he continues on the same path as this year would put him on the verge of a call-up potentially at some point next season.