ST. STEVEN

Gavin Lux - SS/2B LAD

Where would he figure to see playing time, short term and/or long term? Forgive my ignorance of the Dodgers but here's what I see:

1B: Used to be Bellinger's spot, but he's playing mostly OF now, with Muncy and Pederson getting time at 1B. 

2B: Muncy and Kike Hernandez splitting time. Kike has been pretty terrible this year...

SS: Taylor playing everyday (and suddenly hot) in Seager's absence. 

3B: Turner locked in thru 2020. 

So I guess the question is what happens to Seager long-term. Does he get shifted off of SS to help him stay healthy? Does Seager keep SS and Lux shifts to 2B? 

If Lux gets promoted, he would not play much.  There is a chance that he blows up and they have an OF of Pederson, Verdugo and Bellinger, and then put Muncy at 1b, Lux at 2b, Seager, Turner, but it's not entirely likely.

Lux is more of a 2020 guy

Pollock back after AS break also. have to think he and Bellinger would push Verdungo and Pederson aside further crowding the IF. I think Lux would really have to explode to be called up. If Lux gets called up whenever the SS or 2B job is his and the other guys just gotta tighten their belts yet again. Maybe this is the year the Dodgers make a trade and actually lose someone good.

And Lux is not currently on the 40 man roster, I see. 

Lux has hit another homer tonight, that's 4 games in a row. He's now hitting over .500 in 14 AAA games.  Albeit a small sample, that is still absurd how quickly he has adjusted.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:31 AM, The Man said:

If Lux gets promoted, he would not play much. 

If he performs anywhere close to what he's doing in AAA, he'll play pretty much every day.

Kind of the general rule of thumb for call-ups to playoff teams.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Lux has hit another homer tonight, that's 4 games in a row. He's now hitting over .500 in 14 AAA games.  Albeit a small sample, that is still absurd how quickly he has adjusted.

LOL, he just hit ANOTHER. 2 more dongs tonight with a BB and 5 RBIs.

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

If he performs anywhere close to what he's doing in AAA, he'll play pretty much every day.

Kind of the general rule of thumb for call-ups to playoff teams.  

Not on the Dodgers 

• Thanks 1

Second base is open isn't it?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, B&F said:

Second base is open isn't it?

That depends on your definition of "open."

Where do you move Muncy? 1B? Then where do you play Joc? OF? Then who do you sit of Bellinger, Verdugo, and Pollock?

Edited by Halo Fan

2 hours ago, Halo Fan said:

That depends on your definition of "open."

Where do you move Muncy? 1B? Then where do you play Joc? OF? Then who do you sit of Bellinger, Verdugo, and Pollock?

Platoon Pollock and Joc imo. 

• Like 1

I think the NL will have the DH next year. Which would alleviate a lot of these what if questions on deep teams. If the NL waits til 2022 as planned for the DH then a trade would be his only real shot.

21 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

I think the NL will have the DH next year. Which would alleviate a lot of these what if questions on deep teams. If the NL waits til 2022 as planned for the DH then a trade would be his only real shot.

I really don't think Kike or Chris Taylor are going to be much of a roadblock for Lux if he keeps performing... I bet Lux is up before May of next year

7 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

I thought they agreed to 2022 for the DH and there is no way around it.  Yeah it kills career paths for players not having it now.  And the Player's Association wants it immediately.  But a bunch of grumpy old men (NL owners) blocked a quicker transition because they personally want to destroy our fantasy teams.

• Like 1

HR again today 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 I stashed him just don’t know what the dodger will do ? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

22 hours ago, tootallball said:

Platoon Pollock and Joc imo. 

While I think that might be a good solution, long term, Pollock has been doing a nice Gavin Lux impression, since returning from the IL.

Surprised to see there's not more chatter about this kid.  He performed very well in AA this year and is currently ripping up AAA as well.  His only real "struggle" was his initial promotion from rookie ball to A ball and since then he's just been a pure stud.

34 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Surprised to see there's not more chatter about this kid.  He performed very well in AA this year and is currently ripping up AAA as well.  His only real "struggle" was his initial promotion from rookie ball to A ball and since then he's just been a pure stud.

Completely agree- guy has been sensational... can't wait to see him in LA

is there speculation he will be up soon?

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Who are some decent comps for this kid?

Prime Utley 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigbossman said:

Prime Utley 

I don't see him getting as many SB's as Utley, but I think the bat could definitely play.