ST. STEVEN

Gavin Lux - SS/2B LAD

37 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

Dang, I was certain he was going to be a .430 hitter for the Dodgers. This is going to be tough to stomach.

spacer.png

This is interesting:

Manager Dave Roberts recently acknowledged that Lux has earned an opportunity to join the team when rosters expand in September, in some capacity. That could mean that Lux joins the team in a "ride-along" scenario; traveling and taking part in team activities but not as a member of the active roster (and not playing in games). Los Angeles took a similar approach with Will Smith -- who is now the team's starting catcher -- at the end of last season. Lux is slashing .356/.427/.627 with 24 home runs across two minor-league stops this year and appears to be a big part of the Dodgers' future plans.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-gavin-lux-receiving-intense-consideration-for-september-call-up/2019/08/26/

Lookin like a September call-up is all but certain for Lux, and for good reason given his elite pedigree/performance. Combine that with the versatility of the "roadblocks" (Hernandez and Taylor) as well as the ability to move Muncy to 1B and keep Bellinger in the OF, it's lookin like he might end up being more than just that "locker room presence" for the Dodgers' playoff push. Regardless of the depth at SS, the impact of the Dodgers actually playing him could lead to hoisting up championship trophies for fantasy players abound. 

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

Don't see how Lux is not called up if Muncy is down for a prolonged period.  How much he plays though remains to be seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meh2 said:

Muncy would be a big emotional loss for them and the best way to offset that loss is to call up Lux and hope he hits the ground running. Obviously, need to wait on the news, but this is the injury that would best create a path for Lux. 

• Like 1

Not in tonight’s lineup. I have a strong suspicion he’s on his way up. Grab now & ask questions later if he’s still available in your league.

3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Not in tonight’s lineup. I have a strong suspicion he’s on his way up. Grab now & ask questions later if he’s still available in your league.

Agree with this, but he has been given a day off in addition to a travel day off for the past few weeks. I follow him way to closely to notice that trend. 

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

Agree with this, but he has been given a day off in addition to a travel day off for the past few weeks. I follow him way to closely to notice that trend. 

Rosters expand on Sunday so hopefully that’s the day.