Sign in to follow this  
TPowell

Dynasty startup tips/questions

• SUPERFLEX ROSTERS, 30 man rosters with 5 man IR
  • Start 12 players each week:  1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 SUPERFLEX (RB/WR/TE/QB), 3 regular flex (RB/WR/TE)
  • No defenses or kickers allowed

The main rules are above. Trades during the initial draft are allowed. I'm just curious what type of value these picks have. I don't want to be that guy that says "its my first dynasty league so I don't want to trade picks at all". With a 30 round draft, the possibilities seem to be endless as far as draft pick trading goes. I know with so many rounds that I can't ignore QB/TE like redraft leagues but what would be a decent breakdown for roster spots in this setup? (4 QB, 4 TE, 10 RB, 12 WR?)

Not sure I would draft 4 QBs unless you have some vets on last year or two such as Roth or Brees.  Maybe go 2 and use the  2 you saved for shots at backup RBs and 4/5 WRs.   Also as other teams load up on rookies, load up on proven players.  Go win now mode rather than years down the road.  It will give you more value and options to trade those players for future picks in the season.

In a superflex league you should have at least 3 QBs since 2 will likely be starting each week. Factoring in the dynasty component its probably wise to have 4 especially if you can stash a young/future QB that may not see time this year. TE on the other hand I think is such a crapshoot position that I think you should draft 3 tops and depending how good your starter is maybe only 2 so you can focus elsewhere. Considering you will be starting at minimum a whopping 4 WR I think its wise to load up on them although the typical useful life of a good WR is longer than that of a RB so that needs to be factored in as well. I'd say minimum of 8 of each and let personnel (their age) and what talent is available dictate the final breakdown. 

In a superflex with the roster size you have you probably want 4 QBs as my guess is there will be literally no starting QB left on waivers. You need tj cover yourself in case of injury. Three would be the minimum. I don’t think you need 4 TEs though. I’d go 2 personally and worry more about stocking up in even more RBs and WRs. 

On 7/10/2018 at 3:40 PM, TPowell said:
  • SUPERFLEX ROSTERS, 30 man rosters with 5 man IR
  • Start 12 players each week:  1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 SUPERFLEX (RB/WR/TE/QB), 3 regular flex (RB/WR/TE)
  • No defenses or kickers allowed

The main rules are above. Trades during the initial draft are allowed. I'm just curious what type of value these picks have. I don't want to be that guy that says "its my first dynasty league so I don't want to trade picks at all". With a 30 round draft, the possibilities seem to be endless as far as draft pick trading goes. I know with so many rounds that I can't ignore QB/TE like redraft leagues but what would be a decent breakdown for roster spots in this setup? (4 QB, 4 TE, 10 RB, 12 WR?)

Too many TEs.

Thanks all. I'm being told that the 30 round dynasty startup probably won't fill in time. I'm curious if others have done 30 round startups and how they went (would you prefer less like 20?)

1 hour ago, TPowell said:

Thanks all. I'm being told that the 30 round dynasty startup probably won't fill in time. I'm curious if others have done 30 round startups and how they went (would you prefer less like 20?)

I recently finished 2 different 30 round startups (with 10 devy before that). I thought it went great- and things continued to be interesting until the end. I like deeper drafts and rosters- it pays off more for those who dig a little deeper on the players. Plus, when its time for any redraft leagues you do you have a heads up on players later in those drafts.