Stefan

Jayson Tatum 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The only guy on this Celtics team who will take more shots than Tatum is Irving right now. At some point the coach and the players on the team will just realized how good Tatum is and make him the 2nd or even first scoring options. For all the GMs that want to sell high now, i serious doubt how much you can get in return.

• Like 1

i am not sure that tatum will be the second option on Boston's offence when hayward is on top form again. And the golden state is a different case where all the value offensively is on the 3 superstars and green filling all the voids.

On Boston, after irving,hayward,tatum,horford there are morris,rozier,brown,smart who all have a part on boston's offence...We ll need more games to see how all of them stand.

I bought low in a dynasty last year because people thought when Hayward would be back, his numbers would be less impressive. There's enough for both guys to be good fantasy assets. That being said, Tatum is a superstar in the making, I'm not worried about his production in the slightest. He will be a top 50 player this year if he stays healthy with top 30 upside. 

Not sure if this oughta go for the "bold prediction" thread but even with a crowded Celtic rotation, I can see this guy producing the kind of year to make him a 2nd round pick next year. It's only one game THIS season, but he's shown progress over and over again.

This man thread is oddly quiet. I just traded Prince for Tatum because I couldn’t deal with his TO and FG% anymore even though I know his upside.

thoughts on Tatum ROS? 

Buy low candidate? His fg% is bad and stocks are not there. I know there's a lot mouths to feed in Boston but shouldn't this improve ros?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Young said:

This man thread is oddly quiet. I just traded Prince for Tatum because I couldn’t deal with his TO and FG% anymore even though I know his upside.

thoughts on Tatum ROS? 

Tatum is great, but he is on a team that prides itself on defense (Boston is only team in NBA to hold opponents to less than 100ppg) and has too much talent surrounding him. Barring an injury, it's hard to see him emerge as an elite fantasy player. If you stuck him on the Kings or Suns he would be a beast. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Tatum is great, but he is on a team that prides itself on defense (Boston is only team in NBA to hold opponents to less than 100ppg) and has too much talent surrounding him. Barring an injury, it's hard to see him emerge as an elite fantasy player. If you stuck him on the Kings or Suns he would be a beast. 

Yea he def would go off on those teams but I think he can be productive on Celtics. Possibly Top 50. Hayward needs time to come back and they need Tatum scoring. I also think they know he’s the future and make efforts to get him the ball. 

Just now, bballshinobi said:

I think he got benched for letting Warren drop 19 in the first half

Yeah he’s in now...maybe it’ll light a fire under him he’s been pretty bad lately

right up there with Otto Porter as the most disappointing player this season. And some people were even brave enough to draft him in round 3, I let him fall to me in round 5, thought I was getting a steal. SMH. Not only is he not contributing in steals or blocks, he is also killing my FG% every single week.

It's hard to stay positive because Kyrie is the clear alpha, well everyone expected that, but we still expected Tatum to get 3s steals blocks, he has been disappointing in all 3 categories. His only good cat is FT%, but he is not getting enough FTA to make a factor. Wasted pick

29 minutes ago, Goku said:

Wow just as I thought he was in a slump and making his way out.. he sank deeper.

Tatum cannot find his role in this offense right now. starting to think he might even be better off coming off the bench than starting and feel lost in the first five. He is also settling for so many isolations and pulling up for contested long 2s. Read somewhere before his childhood idol was Kobe, so he is trying to mimic his game

49 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Tatum cannot find his role in this offense right now. starting to think he might even be better off coming off the bench than starting and feel lost in the first five. He is also settling for so many isolations and pulling up for contested long 2s. Read somewhere before his childhood idol was Kobe, so he is trying to mimic his game

Yes I believe they said he was training with Kobe in the off season. Oh well can't sell low so guess gonna hold for now and hope he finds his way into the offense. 

• Like 1

Going for that mamba mentality without the mamba skill lol. Kobe is a rare breed, very few people can take the kinds of shots he did successfully. Tatum just isn't there yet. He'd be so much better if he acted as more of a spot up shooter or cutter instead of isoing and taking contested long 2s all the time 

• Like 1