Stefan

Jayson Tatum 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Nene said:

Washington isnt as deep as Boston. 

Thats true but Tatum still put up similar numbers to porter who is in his 5th season and tatum is a rookie who can still improve on almost every aspect of his game. 

40 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Don’t think he can hit top 20 but I think he will be 14/7/1/1/1.  Comparing him to Otto is a losing argument because Otto gets significantly more threes and steals. Otto is also completely unique in his ability to never turn the ball over despite playing a large amount of minutes.  Tatum is nowhere near as good as Otto in this regard and will probably commit twice as many turnovers per minute which would still mean Tatum commits fewer than 1.5 To per game....which just shows how insanely good Otto is at ball management.  Tatum will probably exceed the median in 5 of 9 categories and really only hurts you for lack of assists and to lesser extent points.  This is good enough for top 50 but I don’t think there’s any chance he can sniff top 20.  

14/7/1/1/1 if Tatum can keet his FG%, FT% and To's as his rookie season then that is already close to top 20 in 9 cats roto league and if people pick him from 5-7th round that's already a steal in the draft.

Edited by ber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ber said:

14/7/1/1/1 if Tatum can keet his FG%, FT% and To's as his rookie season then that is already close to top 20 in 9 cats roto league and if people pick him from 5-7th round that's already a steal in the draft.

Just ran these numbers through BM. You're missing a stat, so I left his assists and threes the same. Regardless, that equates to a Top 60-65 player, nowhere near Top 20.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Just ran these numbers through BM. You're missing a stat, so I left his assists and threes the same. Regardless, that equates to a Top 60-65 player, nowhere near Top 20.

ED: Knew that looked off. Top 40-45. And this assuming he gets up to a full block per game, which would make that his top stat. Doesn't seem right, does it? I think he was a little underdrafted in the mock but projecting him for a Top 20 finish is just ridiculous at this stage, and certainly isn't based on numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

ED: Knew that looked off. Top 40-45. And this assuming he gets up to a full block per game, which would make that his top stat. Doesn't seem right, does it? I think he was a little underdrafted in the mock but projecting him for a Top 20 finish is just ridiculous at this stage, and certainly isn't based on numbers.

agree, top 20 in dynasty certainly, redraft probably not

• Like 1

Kid is good, but hard to envision him taking a big jump with Kyrie Irving Gordon Hayward coming back. He improves if he can block more shots. Will be over drafted because of ECF performance. I will draft him if for the right price, however many will reach for him. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 11:36 AM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Define how it’s too low? Everybody is healthy (presumably). 

I just think he proved his quality in previous season playoff and starts his sophomore year. Before him are taken bunch of players who are supposedly (only my opinion!) not as good as Tatum. This is my definition of too low.

5 hours ago, apatas said:

I just think he proved his quality in previous season playoff and starts his sophomore year. Before him are taken bunch of players who are supposedly (only my opinion!) not as good as Tatum. This is my definition of too low.

Although I agree with you that Tatum definitely proved his quality to be a star in the league it’s hard to ignore the loaded Boston team with Kyrie Hayward coming back and the fact that the entire team is returning. In terms of fantasy, he won’t be able to produce as much as lower quality players such as: Teague, McCollum,  Marc Gasol, Rubio, Aldridge, Dragic etc. Haven’t played redraft in a long time but Id imagine these guys should be taken around 3rd 4th 5th rounds. These players are arguably and probably will produce better fantasy numbers than Tatum and should be drafted ahead of him in a redraft however in a dynasty league there are only a few players I’d take ahead of Tatum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, apatas said:

He averaged 14/5/1 on the year. Which of those areas will he improve with all the healthy guys coming back?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaboom said:

He averaged 14/5/1 on the year. Which of those areas will he improve with all the healthy guys coming back?

If not injuries or other problems then young player have to improve every season of his first 5-6 years. And healthy guys who are coming back are not power forwards. Last but not least: remember, Dr. A drafted Tatum in 4th round. You don't trust Dr. A?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, apatas said:

If not injuries or other problems then young player have to improve every season of his first 5-6 years. And healthy guys who are coming back are not power forwards. Last but not least: remember, Dr. A drafted Tatum in 4th round. You don't trust Dr. A?

I’d draft Tatum in the 4th round and at the sight of tatums first amazing game, I’d trade him for a 2nd rounder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huge DND for me. LOVE the player, and he's going to be a monster someday, but at his current ADP no way. There will be nights where he finishes with the 4th most shots on the team, and he doesn't exactly stuff the STOCKs

• Like 2

I'll preface this by stating that this is my 2nd year taking fantasy bball seriously and I still dont quite know WTF I'm doing yet. But I'm in love with Tatum's real life game and think he is in for a better fantasy year than many here seem to think based on the majority of comments in this thread.  I took Tatum at 54 in my draft and am really more excited about him than any other player on my roster.

I understand Boston is loaded and the usage concerns that come with it.  But cream usually finds a way to rise and this kid is just too good IMO.  I still find the rankings people throw out a bit arbitrary and I'm not gonna put out my own projections.  But I think his fantasy value will reflect his real basketball value more than many think.

Anyways, we will get a first look at what the stat sheet says tonight in the NBA tip off.

Cant.Wait!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VaTerp said:

I'll preface this by stating that this is my 2nd year taking fantasy bball seriously and I still dont quite know WTF I'm doing yet. But I'm in love with Tatum's real life game and think he is in for a better fantasy year than many here seem to think based on the majority of comments in this thread.  I took Tatum at 54 in my draft and am really more excited about him than any other player on my roster.

I understand Boston is loaded and the usage concerns that come with it.  But cream usually finds a way to rise and this kid is just too good IMO.  I still find the rankings people throw out a bit arbitrary and I'm not gonna put out my own projections.  But I think his fantasy value will reflect his real basketball value more than many think.

Anyways, we will get a first look at what the stat sheet says tonight in the NBA tip off.

Cant.Wait!!!

Preseason looking good so far :D 
image.thumb.png.05896cc0610c5cb825294a1c317cb3aa.png

grimace_large.gif

Edited by Stefan

On 21/07/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kaboom said:

Scoring and Rebounding

This kid is gonna be a beast this year. He looks fantastic out there. Kobe-esque.

13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

This kid is gonna be a beast this year. He looks fantastic out there. Kobe-esque.

Green mamba?

i think i've read some guys here discrediting tatum to be drafted around 4th due to few touches he's gonna have? 

2 minutes ago, Isaacxhan said:

Kinda regret not taking this guy over Otto

Otto finished #20 last year. You're good. 

I'll take that stat line on opening night, especially considering his 3 ball was off.  I really wish Stevens hadnt taken him out in the 1st quarter right after he scored 7 pts in a row.  Seemed to kill his rhythm a bit.  But I'm being greedy in game 1 of 82.

Also think he was robbed of a board on his tip in of his own miss.  And where did the turnover come from.  I might have missed it but seems like they gave him one for the bad pass to Horford that led to a loose ball foul.  Didnt think that should count as a turnover.  But again...I'm just being greedy.

I really think he's ready to feast and think he can be a 20-7.5 guy with good %s and above avg stocks.  And he's only going to get better and mature physically. 

Edited by VaTerp

7 hours ago, fantasias3 said:

too much depth on boston's roster, they ll all have ups and downs...

No one has more depth than GS but KD / Curry keep churning out top 10 value year after year.  Not saying Tatum is a top 10 player yet, but he is the alpha dog for the GS of the east.  Yes Boston has a ton of talent but don't know why this is seen as a negative to his value....a rising tide lifts all boats.  He will lead the Celtics in usage so you can safely ignore the "too many mouths to feed" narrative.  

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2