Sign in to follow this  
Stickfig13

No squatters!!

I’m toying with the idea of dumping Sal Perez and rolling with nothing. Catcher is a wasteland. Thoughts? 

12 team/ H2H 

10 team/H2H points league & have 2 teams who go with no catcher & 1 team who goes no catcher & only 4 OF (play 5), so they can add another 1-2 SP. If it can help your team, then I don't think it's a bad idea. I am considering that myself.

Its absolutely the right thing to do if you don't have Wilson Contreras / Sanchez / Posey / Gattis and maybe 1-2 others.

I do it in many leagues with no problem, even 2 catcher leagues.

Posted (edited)

Keep the 2015 WS champ he's an elite catcher. Never take zeroes on offense! 

Edited by Rush2112

Probably depends on league setup (H2H points vs H2H cats, and what the cats are), how many bench players you have, who your other options are, etc. For example, if it’s a 5x5 league and you’ve got a couple bench bats already, I’d say probably keep Perez (or another catcher) because the HR, RBI, Runs, and SB he gets playing 5 days a week will likely be more than what a bench bat could do starting 1 day a week. But that might not necessarily be the case. And you also have to factor in the negative impact on your AVG by keeping the catcher in the lineup.

21 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep the 2015 WS champ he's an elite catcher. Never take zeroes on offense! 

Salvy currently providing near zero on a terrible team. 

• Like 1

Keep Sal.  He is slumping.  History says he will turn it around.

15 hours ago, TheLivingLegend said:

I think Posey, Gattis, Ramos, Contreras, Grandal, Realmuto, Molina and Sanchez are rosterable in a league that size. After that, I think you have a case not to roster one. 

I'd argue that Posey is borderline.  Sure he gives you avg, but little else.  He's certainly not what he once was.

Sal has been SO horrible (Royals fan here..<_<).  He definitely does NOT deserve to be an All-Star.  I can see bailing.

Return the favor?

• Like 1