Sign in to follow this  
Dreams And Dwightmares

Chris Ivory 2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I know most are already thinking it... I'll say it. 

 

Shady McCoy has played his last down in the NFL. The situation is crazy and unfortunate, but it is what it is. 

 

With that out of the way I'm looking at the roster and who can be relevant and viable to my 2018 fantasy football squads. 

 

IMO, the Bills are poised to potentially be the worst team in the NFL this year, but I don't see any young talent at the RB position that makes me turn my head. 

 

Now when I further dive into the fact they will probably be terrible, I struggle to find the need to bring in a guy like Demarco Murray. But it would probably be a disservice to their fan base if they didn't go sign someone so this probably has a greater possibility than I believe. 

 

If it doesn't though.... That leaves Chris ivory. His receptions have been improving each season while his running is getting worse. Is he capable of being fantasy relevant? There's no other legit threats here is there? Would you take the plunge on ivory or is this a guaranteed lock for Murray or AP? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I know most are already thinking it... I'll say it. 

 

Shady McCoy has played his last down in the NFL. The situation is crazy and unfortunate, but it is what it is. 

 

With that out of the way I'm looking at the roster and who can be relevant and viable to my 2018 fantasy football squads. 

 

IMO, the Bills are poised to potentially be the worst team in the NFL this year, but I don't see any young talent at the RB position that makes me turn my head. 

 

Now when I further dive into the fact they will probably be terrible, I struggle to find the need to bring in a guy like Demarco Murray. But it would probably be a disservice to their fan base if they didn't go sign someone so this probably has a greater possibility than I believe. 

 

If it doesn't though.... That leaves Chris ivory. His receptions have been improving each season while his running is getting worse. Is he capable of being fantasy relevant? There's no other legit threats here is there? Would you take the plunge on ivory or is this a guaranteed lock for Murray or AP? 

 

Impossible to say-  but you have to think they bring in another back.    My guess would be Murray....AP with his history to replace Shady seems in bad taste.    I’m taking Ivory late everywhere in redraft regardless. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I know most are already thinking it... I'll say it. 

 

Shady McCoy has played his last down in the NFL. The situation is crazy and unfortunate, but it is what it is. 

 

With that out of the way I'm looking at the roster and who can be relevant and viable to my 2018 fantasy football squads. 

 

IMO, the Bills are poised to potentially be the worst team in the NFL this year, but I don't see any young talent at the RB position that makes me turn my head. 

 

Now when I further dive into the fact they will probably be terrible, I struggle to find the need to bring in a guy like Demarco Murray. But it would probably be a disservice to their fan base if they didn't go sign someone so this probably has a greater possibility than I believe. 

 

If it doesn't though.... That leaves Chris ivory. His receptions have been improving each season while his running is getting worse. Is he capable of being fantasy relevant? There's no other legit threats here is there? Would you take the plunge on ivory or is this a guaranteed lock for Murray or AP? 

 

Maybe they can get Jonathan Williams on a plane back to Buffalo so we can fire up that hype train....   Again....   Good Times.!!

 

 

They should just do a "Christmas in July" trade for us fantasy players and get good ol' Christine to Buffalo so we can really party up in here!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as the sole starter he isn't a guy I'm going to get excited about. I guess he was an RB1 last time he has a starter in 2015 for the Jets but his showings in Jacksonville have been less than stellar despite a strong run team (he was splitting time with Yeldon though). The Buffalo o-line lost some key pieces this offseason and the offense isn't looking good at all. I guess if the price is right I may take a stab but I imagine if Buffalo doesn't bring in any help and he becomes the sole starter he'll shoot up boards based on his volume and will be out of my price range. As part of a split backfield I won't even consider him. 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If McCoy's career is over I see all these trade options

 

  • Carlos Hyde
  • Chris Carson
  • Ameer Abdullah
  • Spencer Ware
  • Fat Rob / Perine

 

Or get a veteran

  • Murray
  • AP
  • Darkwa

 

Another option is for them to wait for Mike Gillislee to be cut by the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MovingTheChains said:

If McCoy's career is over I see all these trade options

 

  • Carlos Hyde
  • Chris Carson
  • Ameer Abdullah
  • Spencer Ware
  • Fat Rob / Perine

 

Or get a veteran

  • Murray
  • AP
  • Darkwa

 

Another option is for them to wait for Mike Gillislee to be cut by the Patriots.

The Bills current options behind McCoy are uninspiring with Ivory on early downs and Cadet as a 3rd down/ receiving back. None of these guys scream out to me as a huge upgrade to me. The Bills offense doesn't look like it'll be good and they lost 3 starting lineman (LT Glenn, LG Incognito and C Wood). The good news Bills have been top 5 in rush attempts the past 3 years and new OC Brian Daboll's offenses have finished top 6 in rush attempts in 3 out of his 4 previous years as coordinator. Given their QBs and defense I doubt that changes much.

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brining in a few vets for tryouts makes the most sense.  This could be the opening DeMarco Murray was hoping for.  

 

OC Brian Daboll coached Jamaal Charles in KC so there is a connection there too.  

Edited by Iron-cock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Just say no. The only viable FFBall players on the Buffalo Bills are labeled "IDP"

 

*I was avoiding any offensive players on Buffalo prior to this Shady news.

 

On that note, if healthy and playing 3 downs, Edmunds is an IDP stud I'm sure.   Safeties too- Hyde and Poyer should play a ton of snaps and rack up tackles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MovingTheChains said:

If McCoy's career is over I see all these trade options

 

  • Carlos Hyde
  • Chris Carson
  • Ameer Abdullah
  • Spencer Ware
  • Fat Rob / Perine

 

Or get a veteran

  • Murray
  • AP
  • Darkwa

 

Another option is for them to wait for Mike Gillislee to be cut by the Patriots.

 

whither Karlos Williams?

 

oh, there he is on the FA dung heap. 

 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BrianM said:

 

On that note, if healthy and playing 3 downs, Edmunds is an IDP stud I'm sure.   Safeties too- Hyde and Poyer should play a ton of snaps and rack up tackles.

 

Exactly :cheers: 

 

Edmunds will eat big at the MIKE...boosted by an assist/tackle happy stat crew, and Poyer/Hyde will continue to make big plays/tackles behind an overall suspect LB crew. *Humbar is the only LB outside of Edmunds worth a darn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Comments speculating on the McCoy situation removed.  If this thread is going to work at all, you're going to need to stay focused on Ivory as a fantasy commodity and steer clear of arguments about what McCoy did or did not do.  We all understand that a lot of that depends on what happens to McCoy, but comments that try to litigate the particulars of what happened will be removed and the posters will be subject to disciplinary action.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this