Rizzle630

Dynasty Standard Question- this or that

I will help in return with my opinion backed by analytics. I am in a rebuild and this is an inner division opponent offering a deal.

Sterling Shepard

Nick Chubb

OR

Jarvis Landry

Kerryon Johnson

Posted (edited)

Close one but if you're rebulding I would go with Chubb/Shepard. Landry is better currently better than Sheppard but Shephard has decent long term upside and I personally have no faith in Johnson (or any detroit RB). Situation is pretty similar for the backs but Chubb is the better talent.

Edited by Ddam2013

Go with the Landry side. He's only 25 and the difference between Chubb and Johnson isn't that much.

Plus he's on the Browns, and no matter how improved they are, they will be passing a lot late in games.

To me its almost a dead even trade. Landry probably gets a sizable downgrade in standard but Shepard's outlook doesn't look much better with all the projected competition he has, he is only like 2 months younger and Giant's don't have their future QB like the Browns do (I guess there is the slim chance that a new contract can't get worked out with Odell). Landry doesn't exactly have no competition but I think he has a clear role that doesn't really overlap with Gordon. Chubb is a much better athlete than Johnson but with Duke just signing a sizable deal it seems he has tougher sledding to 3 down workhorse work in the future. Johnson isn't a scrub either and is a year and a half younger. 

I think Landry has the advantage over Shepard so it comes down to how much higher you are on Chubb than Johnson. Chubb definitely has the talent to be a lot better but talent is only part of the equation in fantasy. Knowing the rest of your lineup would help determine which way to go some but I'm leading Landry/ Johnson side. 

• Like 1

Rather have Landry & Johnson. Jarvis will have a solid year and the Lions rookie RB will turn into a good player for them. 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, Rizzle630 said:

I will help in return with my opinion backed by analytics. I am in a rebuild and this is an inner division opponent offering a deal.

Sterling Shepard

Nick Chubb

OR

Jarvis Landry

Kerryon Johnson

Give me Landry and Kerryon all day! 

Im not a Shephard fan. He's tied to an aging QB, and might not have the volume to make him a fantasy starter anyways. 

I would go with Johnson and Landry. Johnson and Chubb are even to me so it comes down to Shepard or Landry. Beckham is back so I expect Shepherd to get less targets and not be much of a fantasy factor this year. 

I get the skepticism on Shepherd, but I believe Chubb is going to be a star in a year or two and will be the best of the four by a decent margin.

In rebuild I'm on the Shepard/Chubb side. Shepard will get targets this year, even with OBJ back. The Giants offense is going to explode this year. Chubb might not get the numbers this year, but in a rebuild you can afford to wait. Because, once he gets the keys he could very well end up the top RB in this class (outside Barkley, probably). 

Too many mouths to feed in Cleveland for me. 

I'm not very high on either Landry or Shepard. Both their teams absolutely sucked last year, and neither was able to make a difference. In either case, it's going to take a major rebuild on the team side before you are lining them up comfortably; for me these guys are bench warmers (and in many leagues they will be WW at some point).

So the choice is do you prefer Chubb or Kerryon? Chubb needs to compete with Hyde and Duke, Kerryon with Blount and Abdullah. Both guys were clearly taken to be used heavily, but neither of them is going to have it easy. You're going to roll the dice on which if these kids is going to be the next Kamara or Hunt.

My final answer: too close to call. Gun to my head I'm going to take Chubb, as I think he has the slightly better prospects at the Browns.