jeffr913

Syndergaard or CMART

I got offered Noah Syndergaard for Carlos Martinez     do I take it? WHIR 5x5  cats W, ERA, WHIP, K , SV

I'd rather have Syndergaard. I feel like Martinez is a borderline SP2/3 while Syndergaard can be an SP1.

Of course, there's tons of risks with Thor but it's worth it at this pricepoint and with him actually pitching soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paintingtheblack said:

Flip a coin. I think Thor's ceiling is higher, just a matter of whether or not he can stay on the field.

x2 if you have a decent staff then take the gamble on thor health/upside

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

x2 if you have a decent staff then take the gamble on thor health/upside

Carassco

Snell

Walker Buehler

Luke Weaver

JA HAPP

Shane Beiber for other starters

I would like to wait to see how he pitches on Friday.  Hope Friday the 13th is not bad luck for him.

• Like 1

When it comes to W's, I think it leans towards keeping Carlos. The NYM offense is terrible. Look at DeGrom & the lack of offense they give him. Guy has received a ND or L in about 10 starts, where he has given up 2 ER or less. I do think Thor is the better SP though, so no issues if you want to take that gamble & hope he stays healthy. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'd have probably stood pat.  CMart will be close to Thor in most categories, and probably better in Ws.  And if I have to gamble on their health, I'm putting my money on Martinez.

CMart is a contender for the most overrated SP in the game. 3.91 FIP last year, 3.57 this year. Steamer projects him at 5 wins and 3.97 ERA/3.93 FIP going forward. Syndergaard is projected at 5 wins and 3.15 ERA/2.91 FIP. Thor is an ace, Martinez is a #3 posing as one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

I'd have probably stood pat.  CMart will be close to Thor in most categories, and probably better in Ws.  And if I have to gamble on their health, I'm putting my money on Martinez.

Not even close. Steamer projects Thor to be significantly better in strikeouts and ERA and for them both to have 5 wins.

7 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

I did it! LOL

I have Thor as well, so hopefully for both of us, he is an ace ros! Good luck!

9 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

I have Thor as well, so hopefully for both of us, he is an ace ros! Good luck!

haha sweet I've always gone back and fourth the past two seasons on your posts you've helped me out a lot! So I always respond to your posts when I see them! Best of luck this season man!

• Like 1