Sign in to follow this  
Mobdad

Help with drop

Need a drop (Team 2 in signature) to get Bryant back in the lineup.  I have a glut of OF and probably prefer to let 1 go.  Prefer to keep pitchers in tact but all ideas are welcome.  Thx in advance.

If it can't be a RP and has to be an OF, tough call as they're all pretty good. I think would be either Inciarte unless you're banking on his steals, or Acuna. In redraft for those with both Acuna and Soto, one could probably be dropped. Especially with how deep your OF is. I have both as well and with roster moves I need to make, one likely has to go. I prefer Soto, like the walks and OBP skills,  think he'll be the more well rounded of the two ROS.

• Thanks 1

Team 2 - Yahoo H2H 6x7 Cat (Std 5x5 + Hits, Losses, Holds) 10 Team-Redraft

C: Contreras  1B: Rizzo  2B: Lemahieu  3B: Gurriel  SS: Bregman  OF: Harper, Cain, Kemp  UT: Soto, Markakis

SP: deGrom, Lester, Paxton, Snell, Cmart   RP: Familia, Britton, Robertson, Trivino, Edwards

BENCH: KDavis, Encarnacion, Acuna   DL: Bryant, Miller 

I'm thinking you probably have to let Acuna go. It's a redraft so I don't think it's that big of a deal letting him go. However, I definitely would be shopping him around first. See if you can get an upgrade at 2B, SP, or RP.

• Thanks 1

I would have a hard time dropping Acuna, but the only other hitter considerations here are Gurriel, Lemaheiu, and Kemp. It wouldn't surprise me if Kemp fell flat in the second half and didn't get regular playing time. Lemaheiu is always going to be boringly decent. Gurriel is in too good of a lineup and will be a huge contributor to batting average. s---, I think I would drop Kemp and hope it ends up being the right call- Acuna is just so talented.

Ultimately I wouldn't want to drop a hitter if I were you. I think I would cut bait from Britton if you have to choose someone, since he likely won't be a closer this time next month.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonywow said:

If it can't be a RP and has to be an OF, tough call as they're all pretty good. I think would be either Inciarte unless you're banking on his steals, or Acuna. In redraft for those with both Acuna and Soto, one could probably be dropped. Especially with how deep your OF is. I have both as well and with roster moves I need to make, one likely has to go. I prefer Soto, like the walks and OBP skills,  think he'll be the more well rounded of the two ROS.

Don't have Inciarte.  Maybe you saw Encarnacion which has similar letters.  Leaning towards moving Rizz to 2B and Encarnacion to 1B.  Wish I could get some value for KDavis or Harper.  There are a lot of HR there but nobody wants them.  Davis has been riding my bench and Harper just kills me most days.

2 hours ago, Mobdad said:

Don't have Inciarte.  Maybe you saw Encarnacion which has similar letters.  Leaning towards moving Rizz to 2B and Encarnacion to 1B.  Wish I could get some value for KDavis or Harper.  There are a lot of HR there but nobody wants them.  Davis has been riding my bench and Harper just kills me most days.

Yeah I def misread read the player. Was at work when I responded, had to go into desktop mode on my phone to see your team 2 heh.

Not sure how valuable RP is in your league, but a RP would usually be my first choice. With the trade deadline coming who knows what value some of those RP's will have if they get moved or stay put. After the TDL however there might be quite a few arms in FA's that suddenly have increased value with new roles they might find themselves in. If you had a RP you felt you can live without I'd drop them, then see about adding someone down the road if you need another RP. Ultimately someone with good talent would have to be cut.

You mentioned having a lot of OF's which is why I was leaning towards one of them. You do have 7 for 4 spots to play them, not counting Bryant depending where you'll play him with Gurriel hitting well. You have enough OF's that while no one is an easy drop, cutting one of them isn't likely to cost you much with the OF depth you have. 

• Thanks 1