• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
ajs723

Nelson Agholor 2018 Outlook

This dude is now averaging 12 ppg in ppr. Had 12.1 tonight. 

I multiplied 12.1 x 16 games and got 193.6 points.

Last year Agholor finished as WR23. 

With 193.5 points. 

32 minutes ago, Tenner said:

With 193.5 points. 

Problem with that is we actually watched the game.

The first catch that got tipped up was intended for Ertz. Fox showed the rear angle on that "pass" and it was clearly for Ertz. I'm sure it will stupidly go down as a target for Agholor.

2nd catch, the big one downfield, was a broken play and Wentz had to improvise, as was Agholor improvising.

Wentz is not looking for Agholor at all. 

Eagles with serious O line issues in pass protection.

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tenner said:

With 193.5 points. 

Don’t do this. If you watched the game, Agholor was not in the game plan. Tipped pass, broken play for 50 yards. Yardage was a “fluke.” Can’t trust him..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite honestly, Agholor has a 3/20 or 4/30 base each and every week, which is barely PPR flexable. However, as Wentz gets more comfortable scrambling around and their OL keeps struggling, we might see more of these broken plays that lead to big gains. Last year they hooked up for several long TDs this way. Can't rely on these plays, but last year Agholor had them about every other game. So there could be a pattern if you need a glimmer of hope!

On a side note, I don't remember the name but there was a WR some years ago that caught 2 long TDs without officially being targeted once. Both were crazy deflections.

Slight bump in value. I will “sell high” to the least educated league mate.

Just now, jtbgator said:

Slight bump in value. I will “sell high” to the least educated league mate.

Absolutely the right move imo

Two of those catches were super fluky.

Wentz really didn't even look at him. 

It's Ertz, Jeffery, RBs.

Drop city.

Interesting?  Eh, "Agholor has cleared 50 yards once; last week in fluky fashion with a 32-yard gain on a tip and 58 on a Giants coverage bust. On the bright side, fellow slot WRs Tyler Boyd (6/132/1), Sterling Shepard (4/75/0), and Cole Beasley (7/73/0) have all fared well against Carolina’s slot coverage, while Agholor popped as Week 7’s No. 4 buy-low wideout in Josh Hermsmeyer’s predictive Air Yards model."

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Interesting?  Eh, "Agholor has cleared 50 yards once; last week in fluky fashion with a 32-yard gain on a tip and 58 on a Giants coverage bust. On the bright side, fellow slot WRs Tyler Boyd (6/132/1), Sterling Shepard (4/75/0), and Cole Beasley (7/73/0) have all fared well against Carolina’s slot coverage, while Agholor popped as Week 7’s No. 4 buy-low wideout in Josh Hermsmeyer’s predictive Air Yards model."

Evan Silva has a real hard time of letting go of guys he was very behind in the preseason - until the writing is clearly, plainly on the wall. Don't know if he just doesn't want to ever admit he's wrong or what.

Agholor, also Burkhead, Hogan, and Larry Fitzgerald come to mind. He was still finding ways to make cases for these guys in his Matchup column when it wasn't prudent any longer.

On the flipside, last season he was a big Deshaun Watson hater, and it took like 3 mega performances from Watson before he finally admitted his pre-draft and post-draft take on Watson was wrong.

Admittedly Watson has come back to earth this year but that's beside the point.

I gave up on (cut) Agholor and I'm in a 12 man PPR league that drafts 17 rounds.

All I had to see was another week (vs Giants) where Wentz had no interest in Agholor. He would be sitting wide open about 7 yards downfield and Wentz would throw to a covered or double covered man 15-20 downfield instead.

We talked about this after the Giants game - his first reception which was that ball that was tipped at the line - that was intended for Ertz.

The long one he caught and almost housed was a total desperation fling from Wentz as he was getting torn into bits and Agholor was sitting there with 10 yards of separation, just totally unguarded by the pathetic giants secondary.

We were clearly better off with Foles as his QB, which I disputed at the time based on Agholor's awesome season in 2017 with Wentz at the helm for much of it.

I fully expect Agholor to have the occasional big game. The problem is they will be in spite of Wentz's lack of interest in getting him the football. The guys floor is basement low even in PPR.

Really sad and just plain odd that a guy can find salvation in the slot in 2017, come back and play even more slot snaps in 2018 and be phased out of the offense that has carried over all the key players and elements.

I guess we could draw a comparison to Chris Hogan in that way, who was WR9 until his shoulder injury, then had 4 games in the same sans-Edelman situation and was an afterthought in that Patriots offense which was at the time markedly devoid of top tier offensive weapons, Gronk aside. Sony wasn't really part of the offense yet. It was Dorsett and Patterson taking away his numbers.

Agholor belongs on everyone's waiver wire IMO aside from the deepest of leagues

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

I guess we could draw a comparison to Chris Hogan

Chris Hogan was and still is an average talent though. He produced as the 3rd target last season while Gronk and Cooks drew coverage. He couldn't do anything the first four weeks getting matched up with decent corners . Agholor has the talent to get separation and create yards after the catch. I think Wentz is still shaking off some rust and keying in on his big targets right now.

12 hours ago, sSektor said:

Chris Hogan was and still is an average talent though. He produced as the 3rd target last season while Gronk and Cooks drew coverage. He couldn't do anything the first four weeks getting matched up with decent corners . Agholor has the talent to get separation and create yards after the catch. I think Wentz is still shaking off some rust and keying in on his big targets right now.

Yeah I could see that. I'm not willing to have him take up space on my bench to wait around and find out, and it may never happen for him this season.

This did remind me that before the season David Chao the pro football doc guy said that it would take until midseason for Wentz to get back to 100% because of when his injury happened and also the fact that it was both an ACL and MCL tear.

Edited by Cotton Jones

59 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Officially dropable?

Yeah I would. I dropped him like 4 weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Jacksonville's #2 corner and slot corner are both out this week for the Eagles game in London.  Agholor might be a decent one week plug and play since Jalen Ramsey will be shadowing Alshon Jeffery.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Jacksonville's #2 corner and slot corner are both out this week for the Eagles game in London.  Agholor might be a decent one week plug and play since Jalen Ramsey will be shadowing Alshon Jeffery.

they drew up some plays for nelson last week, none of them went anywhere, including the first offensive play

first play vs titans was a play action bomb to him that was thrown short

matchup makes a lot of sense

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Panamared said:

Lots of Jag CB out Agholor a gr8 play? Volume is there

Yes. Expect a line of 13 receptions for 28 yards. The guy is running quarter yard slants every play. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

If you still have him, time to say good bye.