Sign in to follow this  
ajs723

Nelson Agholor 2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

He doesn't have a 2018 thread yet. How do people feel about him? On the surface, it seems like he had a breakout year in 2017. He finished at the #23 WR in PPR. But, that was mostly due to scoring 8 TDs. In terms of volume, his 62 catches/95 targets/ and 768 yards are very pedestrian. 

 

I guess the question is whether Agholor is more of a WR3 on the rise, or simply a JAG WR4 who put up an unsustainable TD total last season. 

Edited by ajs723

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

JAG with fluke TDs 

 

Alshon and Ertz the only Eagles I’d ever start confidently 

 

I lean that way too. His current ADP has him ahead of Shepard, Lee, Benjamin, Mike Williams, Kenny Stills, Rishard Matthews, and others. I think I take all those guys before Agholor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to look at the guy more, but if he earned 95 targets and performed well as a redzone threat for one of the cutting edge offenses in the league, then I'm down.  Dude is entering his third year so there's a good chance that his best ball lies ahead of him.

 

Was he schemed into the offense last year with screens, sweeps, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love him as a WR4- plug and play guy if I need him.    One has to feel confident in Philly's offense and their ability to produce volume.   Alshon looks as though he might miss some time in camp, and could start slow.    TD regression could happen, but i think he'll be fine as long as Wentz stays productive.  Ertz and Jeffery got their TD's last year and there was still enough for Agholor to get  8.   If Wentz does suffer TD regression though, i'd expect Agholor to struggle for red zone looks before Ertz or Jeffery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Dude is entering his third year so there's a good chance that his best ball lies ahead of him.

 

Dud is still unpredictable and playing behind a healthy Alshon and Ertz so there's a better chance Best Ball is his only worthwhile format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I need to look at the guy more, but if he earned 95 targets and performed well as a redzone threat for one of the cutting edge offenses in the league, then I'm down.  Dude is entering his third year so there's a good chance that his best ball lies ahead of him.

 

Was he schemed into the offense last year with screens, sweeps, etc?

 

Last year was his 3rd season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Dud is still unpredictable and playing behind a healthy Alshon and Ertz so there's a better chance Best Ball is his only worthwhile format.

Freudian slip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I need to look at the guy more, but if he earned 95 targets and performed well as a redzone threat for one of the cutting edge offenses in the league, then I'm down.  Dude is entering his third year so there's a good chance that his best ball lies ahead of him.

 

Was he schemed into the offense last year with screens, sweeps, etc?

 

Yes, they make an effort to get him involved because he is a bit of a playmaker. Not a bad WR3 to start the season IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Dud is still unpredictable and playing behind a healthy Alshon and Ertz so there's a better chance Best Ball is his only worthwhile format.

Think this is the key and will come down to usage and game plan.  I doubt I will own him like ajs723 states above as there are other WRs I will likely select instead of this guy.  But I do think he will have some big games.  I could see his yardage increase from last year but I doubt he improves on his 8 TDs. I think as a fill-in or odd flex he could be serviceable but if you need him on a weekly basis you will be frustrated.

 

Lots of weapons in this offense and there will be some down weeks for all of them (Alshon, Ertz, Agholor).  The TD distribution for these three will be the determining factor.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I should say this, as an Alshon owner in a keeper league - if Alshon is slow to start the season (shoulder) Agholor could be in for some big targets, along with Ertz and the RBs.  Agholor could be a great target for start of the season. The difficulty will be playing him ahead of your other WRs you select. Then once the bye weeks start Alshon could be in the full swing of things.

 

Last year Alshon had a fairly slow start to the season until him and Wentz started to build better chemistry.  Have to see how preseason shakes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They like to get Agholor the ball in situations where he makes his own yards after the catch. If he proves to be just as elusive this season it should be more of the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Mike Wallace scares me away from NA and he’s going undrafted for some reason

 

With Agholor being such a productive slot guy, his role is set.  Wallace shouldnt detract from his snap count.   Time will tell if he draws more looks since he'll likely be an upgrade on Torrey Smith, but I think they'll use Wallace just the same.  He's still pretty fast, so he's a better lid lifter and could be open more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agholor shredded the Pats in the Super Bowl.  They just flat out could not stop him.  Ideal WR 3 in standard imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrianM said:

 

With Agholor being such a productive slot guy, his role is set.  Wallace shouldnt detract from his snap count.   Time will tell if he draws more looks since he'll likely be an upgrade on Torrey Smith, but I think they'll use Wallace just the same.  He's still pretty fast, so he's a better lid lifter and could be open more often. 

Well Wallace is a deep threat. NA sucked his first couple of seasons where ever he was or how they used him. Then they relegated Torrey Smith, also a deep threat, to short routes even though that’s not his strength. They might do the same with Wallace, but it seems like they’re just trying to make NA look better than he is 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Well Wallace is a deep threat. NA sucked his first couple of seasons where ever he was or how they used him. Then they relegated Torrey Smith, also a deep threat, to short routes even though that’s not his strength. They might do the same with Wallace, but it seems like they’re just trying to make NA look better than he is 

 

The Eagles run a lot of shorter routes and slants and what not with the RPO. But Smith was the one running deep. He just wasn't very good last season. I was calling for the Eagles to cut Agholor, but he looked great last season. He was a 1st round pick for a reason. Most of his yardage was generated on his own and he was a tackle breaking machine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, devaster said:

 

The Eagles run a lot of shorter routes and slants and what not with the RPO. But Smith was the one running deep. He just wasn't very good last season. I was calling for the Eagles to cut Agholor, but he looked great last season. He was a 1st round pick for a reason. Most of his yardage was generated on his own and he was a tackle breaking machine.

Hmmm that’s interesting. Are you an eagles fan? I forget where but someone else told me me pretty much what I said in my post. But I don’t really watch eagles games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:38 PM, dogfightgiggle said:

I need to look at the guy more, but if he earned 95 targets and performed well as a redzone threat for one of the cutting edge offenses in the league, then I'm down.  Dude is entering his third year so there's a good chance that his best ball lies ahead of him.

 

Was he schemed into the offense last year with screens, sweeps, etc?

His 2017 average depth of target was 10.4 yards. 

 

Compare that to Golden Tate (6.0), Jarvis Landry (6.4), Randall Cobb (6.4), Crowder (7.1), Sanu (8.3). Larry Fitzgerald (8.4), Cooper Kupp (8.4) Keenan Allen (9.3), Michael Thomas (9.6).

 

That tells me that Agholor was doing more than running short routes. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not high on Agholor as a fantasy asset with Alshon having a solid season under his belt, Ertz being a dominant TE and the Eagles ability to run the ball with a rotation of rb's  and then throw in Hollis and wallace.  Wentz/Foles like looking downfield for the big play and they like using the TE, I just don't see alot of distribution heading agholors way on a weekly basis. Sure he may have that one big play here and there but i'll pass on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.