Sign in to follow this  
floppy

Quick trade. Archer for cc and abreu?

Posted (edited)

Trade away  archer for cc and abreu. My team in sig. normally I think yes but  is abreu that much of an upgrade over my utility option? And Donaldson on way back 

Edited by floppy

Posted (edited)

Can you just move you're player straight up for Abreu do that instead. Jose will give ya a good 1B upgrade you're team likely could use. 

Edited by Rush2112

Anyone else? Everyone I’ve talked to says take it but for my lack of pitching I think cc is a downgrade  over cc and do I need abreu? 

I'm completely anti-Archer. I never understood why he always got drafted as high as he does. That being said I don't know what you would do with Abreu if you got him. I'd honestly be putting him on the bench if you went through with the deal. He's got the potential to turn around his season, but he hasn't been great so far. So if you're doing the deal to add a bat, I don't know if it makes sense. I do actually probably like CC a bit more than Archer right now (again, I never understood why someone with a 4.00+ ERA, 1.25+ WHIP, and just decent Ks gets drafted so high every year), but I also know there's a perceived difference in value there that favours Archer.

At the end of the day, I'd be shopping Archer, Abreu, CC, or one of your other bats for a pitching upgrade. Then decide which side (Archer vs Abreu + CC) ends up getting you a better return in a trade.

This is a no brainer trade. Abreu hasn't hit well for a while but we all know he can. Hell . I would do this trade for CC straight up . Better team . Best bullpen to preserve wins . As said Archer is a name only . Abreu is bonus . Do this deal fast .