youngrice

Yahoo and Espn

So I have commish a league for years that we switched to CBS(which my league didn't like) because a couple of players couldn't make it and I felt commish powers were lacking during the draft.  My question is does either of these give the commish the option to draft for people and pause the draft(pause and put in picks for people not on their computers)?  

On ESPN the league manager can pause the draft, draft for others and even undo picks/reset clock. I forget what its called but make sure you do a League Manager (LM) league and not the default standard league. 

You can do this in both.

You cant find a time for an online draft where everyone can be at their compiters?

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You can do this in both.

You cant find a time for an online draft where everyone can be at their compiters?

Its tough.  Sometimes guys can't make it and other guys have a few to many by draft time.  So as the commish its just easier to have control.  I know a few years back when we used ESPN as the commish I couldn't pick for other teams.

What, you drafting for other people? You mean so they can blame you when their draft sucks? (Which, let's face it, they all do, either immediately after the draft or 3 weeks into the season when your top3 picks are all out for multiple weeks with torn ligaments).

I can only hope that's a no money league. Good luck though, and if you can  actually do that, you have an amazing group of friends/family. Well done you.

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

What, you drafting for other people? You mean so they can blame you when their draft sucks? (Which, let's face it, they all do, either immediately after the draft or 3 weeks into the season when your top3 picks are all out for multiple weeks with torn ligaments).

I can only hope that's a no money league. Good luck though, and if you can  actually do that, you have an amazing group of friends/family. Well done you.

I've auto drafted a bunch of teams for people in money leagues. Pretty common, I'd think.

Edited by dmb3684

Yes, Autodraft is great, but my understanding is he will actually make choices: "(pause and put in picks for people not on their computers)"

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes, Autodraft is great, but my understanding is he will actually make choices: "(pause and put in picks for people not on their computers)"

Yes. It is pretty simple to autodraft a team manually.