Sign in to follow this  
ff062018

Start Robbie Ray today?

Posted (edited)

For the week I’m at 3.63 ERA and 1.15 WHIP. My opponent is just ahead of me in both of those categories. K’s are nearly out of reach for me this week but definitely not impossible, especially with Ray’s potential for a lot of K’s. I could definitely use a W from him. 

Both me and my opponent have 3-4 more pitchers to go this week. 

Another 9.00 ERA from him like the last couple starts would be killer for me this week.

I’m leaning toward still rolling him out. What do you say?

Edit: other downside is he’s also @COL...

Edited by ff062018

I always start as many pitchers as I can until near the end of the period, which then I'll look to see if I can lock up certain cats by sitting someone. I think you've got too many games to play to really know where you're firmly at just yet. If you'd rather sit him than play him at this point then I don't think he should be on your roster.

3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

I always start as many pitchers as I can until near the end of the period, which then I'll look to see if I can lock up certain cats by sitting someone. I think you've got too many games to play to really know where you're firmly at just yet. If you'd rather sit him than play him at this point then I don't think he should be on your roster.

This borders on the ridiculous.  You don't dump an arm like Ray's because of a bad spell.  He has had 2 bad games AND he is pitching in Coors tonight where the Rockies just scored 19 runs yesterday.  You would have to be a masochist to start him tonight. Nothing wrong with sitting him tonight.  If he has a good game, then he is probably good to go after the All Star break.  Good luck.