Jaysmooth

Is Pham droppable?

I’m in a 10 team redraft league and hav Pham he’s been Awful this year and battling lil stupid injuries is he droppable at this point?  There’s guys like schebler winker and Schoop all available off the wire even pitchers like eovoldi, Marco Gonzalez, and closers like romo, Soria, wil Smith, and Osuna...

Gotta hold onto Pham he's an elite OF'er find other players to drop for the likes of Schebler, Winker, Schoop

• Thanks 1

Tricky with Pham as reports are his struggles are mechanic related and nothing to do with his eye problems. At some point you'd hope he gets out of this funk then and becomes a nice contributor again. I could see him heat up second half and still put up decent numbers.

I had to drop for roster moves I needed to make. If you have a solid OF/UT and someone more productive is available I wouldn't blame you from moving on. If it gets to the point rostering him in a small league is losing matchups for you, due to missing out on the production from some of those FAs, I might make a swap.

Is Pham droppable? Yes.

Should you drop him? Probably not, unless you see someone with higher upside to stash.

Only way I would drop him if there is someone who is significantly better than him available. Pham is a stud when right.

I have Pham and he's been on my bench as well.  He's was HORRIBLE in June and pretty pathetic so far in July.  He was "elite" for one year and is 30 years old.  I haven't dropped him YET but if he doesn't start a turn around soon, he's going to be gone.  

• Like 1

He COULD be droppable.  I dropped him (granted, an eight team league) a couple weeks ago and he's still on the wire.  I say it depends on your situation.  I tend to hold on to guys forever because they're "too good to drop".  Meanwhile, the guy winning my league had no qualms making drops to grab hot bats early on, and now he has a likely insurmountable lead going into the All-Star break.  Lesson: do what you have to to win.

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He COULD be droppable.  I dropped him (granted, an eight team league) a couple weeks ago and he's still on the wire.  I say it depends on your situation.  I tend to hold on to guys forever because they're "too good to drop".  Meanwhile, the guy winning my league had no qualms making drops to grab hot bats early on, and now he has a likely insurmountable lead going into the All-Star break.  Lesson: do what you have to to win.

Its Max Muncy and Jesus Aguilar you're talking about isnt it? Not picking up those two guys thinking they were crumb bums has given me nightmares. Anyways with Pham I think its league dependent at this point. In a 10 team I'd reluctantly let go if I absolutely had to. For me in my 12 teamers I'm hanging on I still believe in the talent. although at this point I'm annoyed with him hitting 8th. But honestly looking at his profile for the last month I have some optimism the babip is an obscene .192. 

5 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Its Max Muncy and Jesus Aguilar you're talking about isnt it?

Actually, I grabbed both of those guys!  Actually he's rolled several hot bats through his roster, but the primary FAs he nabbed early were (keep in mind, this is a SMALL, SHALLOW league) were all of his closers, Matt Olsen and (I'm SORRY!!!!:ph34r:) .........Didi.

Yea I passed on Aguilar thinking he was a platoon guy and wouldn’t keep those numbers up once put into a full time role I did hav Jose Martinez but I used him in a trade to acquire Trevor Bauer...

8 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Actually, I grabbed both of those guys!  Actually he's rolled several hot bats through his roster, but the primary FAs he nabbed early were (keep in mind, this is a SMALL, SHALLOW league) were all of his closers, Matt Olsen and (I'm SORRY!!!!:ph34r:) .........Didi.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2