enelson44

Superflex dynasty rookie draft--trading up to get top 4 QB

Hi guys--

This is my first rookie draft in a superflex league (16-team, 65-man rosters) and I have Carson Wentz as my only QB and 1.14, 2.03 and 8.08 as my only draft picks.  The 2017 draft in this league had Watson, Mahomes and Kizer going 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07, with Trubisky at 1.10.

Can anyone give me a sense of where the top 4 QB might go in this year's draft?  I would like to trade up and get Lamar Jackson if possible, and I have Ertz, Demariyus, Shady (ugh), Dion Lewis and Fitz as trade chips.  What would be a good deal for me that the other owner might accept, and what pick should I target?

WHIR, of course.

Eric

That sounds about right. I'd say the first QB can go as soon as 1.2. The rest of the top 4 should be gone before the 2nd round. I'd aim for the 1.05 in a trade, to be safe. 

• Like 1

I'd say around 1.17, Mayfield is probably the 17th or 18th best Rookie. I'd risk it and not trade up 

Saquon Barkley
Derrius  Guice
Nick Chubb
Rashaad Penny
D.J. Moore
Ronald Jones
Sony Michel
Calvin Ridley
Courtland Sutton
Kerryon Johnson
Royce Freeman
Christian Kirk
Anthony Miller
Michael Gallup
James Washington
Mike Gesicki
Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
D.J. Chark
Dante Pettis
Sam Darnold
Tre'Quan Smith
Nyheim Hines
Antonio Callaway
Dallas Goedert
Kalen Ballage
Hayden Hurst
DaeSeanHamilton
J'Mon Moore

3 hours ago, cdd10 said:

I'd say around 1.17

Did you miss it's a 16-team league? :)

And superflex, so QBs will be at a premium?

I agree with Keebs and think OP should go for around 1.05, as he needs any QB talent BAD. To be honest, you should probably go for a QB in a regular trade too, whenever you can.

Thanks for all the replies.  I hadn't realized there was a way for owners to use multiple future draft picks to obtain the rights of college players, so actually Barkley, Guice and Darnold were taken last year before the season started.  The draft started Penny, Jackson, Mayfield, and Rosen; I was hoping to get Mason Rudolph at the 21st pick but he went a couple picks before I had the chance.  The premium on QB's is pretty crazy, I hope I can get my hands on a second one soon without gutting my team...

6 hours ago, cdd10 said:

I'd say around 1.17, Mayfield is probably the 17th or 18th best Rookie. I'd risk it and not trade up 

LOL

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Did you miss it's a 16-team league? :)

And superflex, so QBs will be at a premium?

I agree with Keebs and think OP should go for around 1.05, as he needs any QB talent BAD. To be honest, you should probably go for a QB in a regular trade too, whenever you can.

yes i did miss that it was a 16 team league oops

• Haha 1