murraygd13

Minor League Draft

Posted (edited)

My AL only league Minor League Draft is over the All Star break, I'm looking to add up to 4 prospects to my team.

Please rank the following, I'd say the closer to the majors guys I'd lean towards taking first, but willing to bypass that for huge upside.  60% near the majors / 40% future potential.  Also lean 60% hitters / 40% towards pitchers.

I have pick #2...please rank  these players.

Danny Jansen

Taylor Ward

Nathanial Lowe

Cavan Biggio

Brandon Lowe

Jo Adell

Alex KIrloff

Nick Solak

Jesus Lazardo

AJ Puk

Dylan Cease

Dane Dunning

Alex Faedo

Stephen Gonslaves

Alec Hansen

Matt Manning

Casey Mize

Edited by murraygd13

Not sure how many people are in your league or if it’s snake or whatever, but if Adell falls to you at #2 he is the clear #1 out of all of them.  Luzardo is the best pitcher out of the bunch.  Kiriloff and Mize would be #2 hitter/pitcher for me, win AJ Puk and Cease also warranting consideration.

6 hours ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Not sure how many people are in your league or if it’s snake or whatever, but if Adell falls to you at #2 he is the clear #1 out of all of them.  Luzardo is the best pitcher out of the bunch.  Kiriloff and Mize would be #2 hitter/pitcher for me, win AJ Puk and Cease also warranting consideration.

I'm expecting Adell to go first.  It's 11 teams and id have the 2nd pick in each round, up to 4 rounds.

I'm debating Jansen with pick 2 as Im guessing he will be with the Blue Jays before too long.  And we start two catchers in AL only, so it gets tough quick.  Id be giving up upside on quite a few of the other guys though, that's my debate.

If Adell goes 1, I'd go Luzardo 2.  I like Jansen, but even if he's close to MLB ready unless Martin is traded at the deadline (which is unlikely unless the Jays eat a ton of what's left on his contract), I don't think Jansen is playing anything more than 50% next year.  That and Luzardo has been near dominant and seemingly could be up at some point next season.  Looking at the names, I'm assuming in an 11 team league that most of these guys will be gone by the time you pick in the 2nd round.  If Ward is there, I would grab him as a 'big league ready' guy.  Seems on the verge of a call-up and if he has made adjustments could be a nice find.  Let us know how it goes and good luck!

1.Addell

2.Kiriloff

3.Luzardo

4.Mize

5. Puk