Sign in to follow this  
dave04

Syndegaard back, who to drop??? - WHIR

With Syndegaard coming back I need to drop someone to take him off the DL. I most likely drop a pitcher as I also have  Cespedes coming back soon and will be dropping a hitter when that happens.

Here's my pitchers - and I've thrown in my hitters at the end for full disclosure on my line up

Pitchers:

SP - Syndergaard, Robbie Ray, Aaron Nola, Gerrit Cole, Chris Archer, Steven Matz, Andrew Heaney, Zack Wheeler, Jon Gray

RP - Corey Knebel, Kelvin Herrera, Matt Barnes, Bud Norris

Hitters:

C: JT Realmuto

1B: Eric Hosmer, Jose Martinez

2B: Javier Baez

SS: Tim Anderson, Corey Seager (DL)

3B: Alex Bregman

OF: Christian Yelich, Andrew Benintendi, Gregory Polanco, Adam Eaton, Cespedes (DL)

UTIL: Yoan Moncada

One thing to note, in this league it's head-to-head and Save+Holds is a category giving them the same value so I'd like to keep all of my RPs. Also it's a keeper league which is why I still have Seager on my roster, which really ****** up my INF at the time he went down.

Jon Gray stands out as a drop because he's at AAA, but I don't want to drop him and have him get called up a week or two later and start striking out a ton of guys on someone else's roster.

After that the candidates appear to be Wheeler, Matz and Heaney. Despite him turning in a few good starts lately I'm thinking Wheeler is the one to go with.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Also when Cespedes comes back I'm thinking maybe dropping Hosmer as he's been s---, but that leaves me with only Martinez at 1B. Although I have heard the Mets may play Cespedes at 1B some when he returns

Thanks!

Definitely Jon Gray. You could probably pick him back up if you needed to drop another player at some point if you wanted to get him again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil954 said:

Definitely Jon Gray. You could probably pick him back up if you needed to drop another player at some point if you wanted to get him again.

Agree!