Sign in to follow this  
Cypheus

Keeper league - KB - WHIR

Which has better side?

A. Freeman, Albies, Soto, Segura and 6th pick round

B. Altuve, K Bryant, Correa, XBog and 11th pick round

I'd say just stay put, whatever side you are. Because I really don't know.

I want to say side B because I think Altuve is the best player in the deal (absolutely an elite hitter with base stealing capability and a bit of pop). Freeman is a good player but I think his stock is probably a bit high right now given his hot start to the season. Correa has power but not elite power, steals bases but not a ton of bases, decent average but not a great average... so I'm not high on him like most people are (I don't see him as a top 15 player). Albies and Soto are really good young talent but who knows if this is a sustainable and at what level. Bryant's stock I think is low right now because of the start of his season and I think his best is yet to come. I think Segura has figured out how to hit and is an elite stealer so I like him a lot more than Bogaerts. Going player for player, this is what I come up with:

Side B ____ Side A
Altuve (28) > Freeman (28)
Correa (23) < Albies (21)???
Bryant (26) > Soto (19)?
Bogaerts (25) << Segura (28)
11th < 6th (but this is almost irrelevant).

So just looking at this it probably looks like side B. But Side A is younger than side B. And I think if Albies and Soto turn out well that's a lot of years with a couple elite studs. So again, I don't have a clue. Just stay where you're at.

Edited by Idoolittle

This might help

Realmuto, Freeman, Albies, Segura, Saurez, Hanigar, Yelich, Soto, Saurez, Smoak

Acuna, Pham, Castro

2 for 2 are tied

need one more to break the tie before accept or not.

19 minutes ago, Cypheus said:

This might help

Realmuto, Freeman, Albies, Segura, Saurez, Hanigar, Yelich, Soto, Saurez (in there twice), Smoak

Acuna, Pham, Castro

2 for 2 are tied

need one more to break the tie before accept or not.

Are you giving up side B and this would be your lineup if you take side A? So your current lineup (i.e. with side B.) would be:

Realmuto, Smoak, Altuve, Correa, Suarez, Haniger, Yelich, Bryant, Bogaerts

Acuna, Pham, Castro

In side A you're missing a backup SS, in side B you're missing a backup 1B. But in side A your utility would be Smoak instead of Bogaerts (so you could probably get Acuna into your lineup more). So side A is probably better position wise. Either way, I don't think it's significant enough to make a difference in a deal of this magnitude. I'd still base it off of whatever side you think is best talent wise. Again, I would just stay pat.

If you really want a 1B, see if you can do something around Bryant for Freeman.

32 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Are you giving up side B and this would be your lineup if you take side A? So your current lineup (i.e. with side B.) would be:

Realmuto, Smoak, Altuve, Correa, Suarez, Haniger, Yelich, Bryant, Bogaerts

Acuna, Pham, Castro

In side A you're missing a backup SS, in side B you're missing a backup 1B. But in side A your utility would be Smoak instead of Bogaerts (so you could probably get Acuna into your lineup more). So side A is probably better position wise. Either way, I don't think it's significant enough to make a difference in a deal of this magnitude. I'd still base it off of whatever side you think is best talent wise. Again, I would just stay pat.

If you really want a 1B, see if you can do something around Bryant for Freeman.

Sorry if if this not clear. Thanks for catching it

my current team - Yahoo 10 teams. Has keepers

A - Before trade

C - Realmuto 1B - Freeman 2B - Albies 3B - Suarez SS - Segura OF - Hanigar, Yelich, Soto UTIL - Rizzo, Acuna Bench - Pham, Castro, Smoak, Vlad Jr

B - after trade if i accept

C - Realmuto 1B - Rizzo 2B - Altuve 3B - Bryant SS - XBog OF - Hanigar, Yelich, Acuna UTIL - Smoak, Saurez Bench - Pham, Castro, Vlad Jr, Correa

After I see this offer, I will go ahead and decline the offer

Thanks for responses

9 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

If all players are keeper eligible, I like side B better.  Proven studs already

Four keepers - 

Is it worth to accept the offer?

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking do side B. You're getting the best player in the deal in Altuve and that's the most important thing.

It is very tough decision. KB Altuve and Correa are in top 10. Correa and KB are slow start.

More I think, I would take it.

keepers would be Altuve, KB Acuna, and maybe Correa.