Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/16 - 2018 HOME RUN DERBY

18 minutes ago, CFN said:

Call me crazy but I kinda dig having some more under the radars players in this year's derby. You can really appreciate the power that all different kinds of major leaguers have.

Obviously last year, Judge put on a show that we'll probably never see again. But I'm still having a pretty good time watching this.

It wouldve been cool if they had Mac Williamson... if he's still around... Remember him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tommy2guns said:

Lol I swear at least 2 of those HRs in the final minute landed at the same time. Thanks for the rigging 

They weren't even waiting for the ball to land when Harper was in the finals. A lot of his homers shouldn't even have counted per rules.

4 minutes ago, tommy2guns said:

Lol I swear at least 2 of those HRs in the final minute landed at the same time. Thanks for the rigging 

200w.gif

• Like 1

His pops pitching was pretty suspect though. He needed all the help he could get 

One of the beat Derbies this man has seen.  Love the current format.  Grats to Harper and maybe he gets going in a positive direction hereon out.

• Like 4

Just now, shakestreet said:

Did anybody really watch that

Yeah. Most HRs hit in HR Derby history—221. It was actually great.

• Like 3

Just now, richg24 said:

His pops pitching was pretty suspect though. He needed all the help he could get 

He was brushing him back and throwing way outside . . . looked like pops was choking under the pressure for a while.

Schwarber had the 2nd most homers all time with 55, Stanton the record holder at 61.

Just now, JDL88 said:

Schwarber had the 2nd most homers all time with 55, Stanton the record holder at 61.

Judge would've had about 70 last year if he weren't forced to hit 2nd every time. Stat doesn't really work now given the format.

Edited by absknicks

24 minutes ago, tommy2guns said:

Exactly. I dont think 10 hrs in 40 seconds is actually possible by the rules. 

yea would need to look something like this

See the source image

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Judge would've had about 70 last year if he weren't forced to hit 2nd every time. Stat doesn't really work now given the format.

Good point. 

The new format has completely rejuvenated the Derby.  This one was FANTASTIC and the crowd made it even better.  The drama with Harper's dad throwing SO many bad pitches then Harper going on that run.  It was FUN!  

I'd LOVE to see a skills competition like Betts was talking about added.  Like a running the bases while fielding or throwing long balls to specific targets or something.  

• Like 1

Anybody else think the Legends vs Celebrities softball game more entertaining then the home run derby ? 

Or am I alone 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Anybody else think the Legends vs Celebrities softball game more entertaining then the home run derby ? 

Or am I alone 

Dascha Polanco being the catcher for a bit certainly livened up my night. Jamie Foxx was hilarious and anything with Tim Kurkjian was awesome. Was definitely entertaining.

What was the furthest HR hit last night? Baez at 479 ft. was the mark I could remember. Very entertaining HRD. 

21 minutes ago, AndyReidMustGo...Now said:

Dascha Polanco being the catcher for a bit certainly livened up my night. Jamie Foxx was hilarious and anything with Tim Kurkjian was awesome. Was definitely entertaining.

Did you see Andre Dawson misplayed the pop up at first and hit his head ? 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Did you see Andre Dawson misplayed the pop up at first and hit his head ? 

Lol, yeah. Canseco moment right there.