DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

If this kid is playing at this level less than 20 games into his career, I can't even begin to imagine what he's gonna be like 2-3 years from now. 

12 minutes ago, fabrar said:

If this kid is playing at this level less than 20 games into his career, I can't even begin to imagine what he's gonna be like 2-3 years from now. 

Seriously. Pair his stocks with even a moderate bump in scoring and boards and he’s a first rounder, I think. 

He was a great rebounder in college. I just think playing defense on stretch 4s of the modern hurt his chances to grab them. Plus kyle Anderson's sole role on the team appears to be to rebound and only rebound so that doesn't help either

Gonna be a first rounder for sure one day, will be Anthony Davis-lite in terms of statistical profile. He’ll never be as good as Davis offensively but could definitely match him defensively. 

1 hour ago, Prsbest11 said:

He was a great rebounder in college. I just think playing defense on stretch 4s of the modern hurt his chances to grab them. Plus kyle Anderson's sole role on the team appears to be to rebound and only rebound so that doesn't help either

Actually quite the opposite. 5.8 boards per game in college is nothing special for a big, although I will say that with the caveat that he was only playing 22 MPG.

59 minutes ago, yeetboi123 said:

Should I offer Wiggins for JJJ?

Worth a shot if the GM needs scoring and 3s. Wiggins has been better but he probably still needs some time to repair his image as an empty points guy. I personally don't think this will work but you should try it. 

I doubt the owner will take Wiggins lol. If you can, definitely do it. I predict JJJ to turn it up further post asb. If he can average around 15pts 6 reb, with his consistent stocks (could be close to 4 stocks PER GAME - insane), along with his good efficiency and a 3pt shot, this kids the steal of the draft no question.

56 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Where does he go in drafts next season his development will be fast, could easily grow another inch. 

It is how JJJ will finish the season that will define his ADP next season. We 've seen in the past that guys who finish strong are ranked higher next year than guys who started strong nut had equally good season overall. If JJJ sustain his averages as they are right now (conservative prediction), he will be drafted around 30-50. There could be other factors ofc, like a Gasol/ Conley trade, making JJJ a top 20 guy next season.

4 minutes ago, Manos A said:

It is how JJJ will finish the season that will define his ADP next season. We 've seen in the past that guys who finish strong are ranked higher next year than guys who started strong nut had equally good season overall. If JJJ sustain his averages as they are right now (conservative prediction), he will be drafted around 30-50. There could be other factors ofc, like a Gasol/ Conley trade, making JJJ a top 20 guy next season.

He will almost certainly get better numbers wise - already he's adjusting to committing less fouls and improving his offensive game. Post ASB I wouldn't be surprised to see him avg 15 ppg. 

Where did you guys draft this kid? I find it weird seeing people saying they picked him up off the waivers. How was he not drafted? 

28 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

Where did you guys draft this kid? I find it weird seeing people saying they picked him up off the waivers. How was he not drafted? 

I think he was 100% drafted in Yahoo, but a lot of people dropped him after a rough stretch

1 hour ago, LonzoBall said:

He wasn't drafted in my espn league, but a gm picked him up a couple of days after the season started. He was dropped after that string of duds he had due to foul trouble which is when I nabbed him 

Edited by fabrar

5 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Where does he go in drafts next season his development will be fast, could easily grow another inch. 

Shoots 3s, steals the ball, blocks shots, has some moves on offense, plays great defense, quick learner, etc., etc. Only thing I would like to see more of is rebounds but even with his low rebound numbers he's a beast. Top 40 next year is safe I'd say. 

Just now, RedRaider27 said:

Shoots 3s, steals the ball, blocks shots, has some moves on offense, plays great defense, quick learner, etc., etc. Only thing I would like to see more of is rebounds but even with his low rebound numbers he's a beast. Top 40 next year is safe I'd say. 

To add something, I feel like he's what we thought Myles Turner would be at the start of last year, just on steriods. But what did we originally think of Turner? We liked he shot the 3 ball, blocks a lot of shots, won't kill your %s, and he had a growing offensive game. Turner looked like the better rebounder early on but we see where that has gone. My point is, I can see that kind of hype for JJJ going into next year. There's a lot to like about him, the only difference between him and Turner is that JJJ actually will really turn into something, you can just see it. He has the drive that Turner doesn't.

38 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

To add something, I feel like he's what we thought Myles Turner would be at the start of last year, just on steriods. But what did we originally think of Turner? We liked he shot the 3 ball, blocks a lot of shots, won't kill your %s, and he had a growing offensive game. Turner looked like the better rebounder early on but we see where that has gone. My point is, I can see that kind of hype for JJJ going into next year. There's a lot to like about him, the only difference between him and Turner is that JJJ actually will really turn into something, you can just see it. He has the drive that Turner doesn't.

Yep, JJJ is from a basketball pedigree and son of former spurs champion Jaren Jackson , im sure he works with Duncan and Robinson before and watched many games growing up. He is born to play with fundamentals

10 hours ago, kane said:

Foul trouble again,smh

Take the bad with the good. He is a must hold because you see what the kid does when he stays out of foul trouble. Each game will be different but I expect this growing pain to get better as the season progresses. Maybe he isn't a must start every night if you have someone else you could put in his place, but I think he is def a must hold. I think he will be on a lot of championship teams this year.

10 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

Take the bad with the good. He is a must hold because you see what the kid does when he stays out of foul trouble. Each game will be different but I expect this growing pain to get better as the season progresses. Maybe he isn't a must start every night if you have someone else you could put in his place, but I think he is def a must hold. I think he will be on a lot of championship teams this year.

Yeah let's not forget that the kid is still a rookie and what's more, most of us either got him with a late round pick or got him off the wire. He's already crushed his ADP on a per-game basis. There'll be some duds but it'll all average out and he'll be a beast over the course of the season :) 

3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah let's not forget that the kid is still a rookie and what's more, most of us either got him with a late round pick or got him off the wire. He's already crushed his ADP on a per-game basis. There'll be some duds but it'll all average out and he'll be a beast over the course of the season :) 

Or with pick 7 in a rookie draft. I think he has the highest upside of any rookie in the class and I'm very high on guys like Ayton, Bamba and Bagley as well. JJJ just looks like a guy that can average 2+blks 1+stls 1+treys while also averaging 20ppg. I think he was passed on for a number of other rookies because I don't think most of us expected him to start so soon or to have as big of a role as he does. I'm ready to take the bad any given night because I've seen the good and it's really really good. He has 6 combined blks/stls in 4 of his last 8 games. Who else besides AD or Giannis are you getting games of 3stls and 3 blks? I don't think he has that kind of ceiling for the NBA, but his fantasy game could push close to that elite level.