DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I swear most of the people on these threads want first round production from every single player on their roster. That’s why you build a strong “team”. 

JJJ will be fine. He’s killin it for me as someone I got off the waiver. He’s a rookie and will have ups and downs. I also watch a lot of his games and a lot of his fouls are questionable. As he gets seasoned in the NBA, he will start to get less calls and more in his favor. 

• Like 3

super satisfied with JJJ so far this season. Him and SGA making me look like jerry west.

can we expect more rebounds from him? around 8 to 9 instead of his current 4.4 per game

i heard guys saying he was a good rebounder in college/highschool.

I don't think 8-9 is really feasible. Rebounding doesn't seem to be a huge part of his game just yet and M Gasol is still hauling down most of the boards for the team. I think 5-6 could be doable though. 

• Like 1

thanks, i agree as well. marc gasol is averaging career high rebounds this year.

how about kyle anderson. is slomo a factor (or non-factor) as well in terms of JJJ's rebounding? i haven't seen a lot of their games.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, Soccer8098 said:

Might have to start borrowing the sound clip that Josh Lloyd uses for Aminu for JJJ 

Today we have good Jaren 

0 fouls at the half, 14 pts with 2 blocks. I have a feeling this is gonna be a good one for him ;)

5 hours ago, t0087669 said:

will the signing of Noah have the similar effect as Chandler to McGee?

Noah is completely washed, he's gonna be like a 5-10 minute guy per game and mostly there for veteran leadership. I wouldn't worry. 

4 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Never been more convinced ever that a rookie will be a top ten fantasy player guaranteed. I'd say in his 3rd or 4th season.

Such a crowded rookie class but he may be the best fantasy wise. If he is consistent with that three boy oh boy. 

I own him in re-draft, trying to get a share in my keeper league. If you own this guy in a keeper league, what would it take for you to part with him?

15 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I own him in re-draft, trying to get a share in my keeper league. If you own this guy in a keeper league, what would it take for you to part with him?

Paul George

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I'd say a early 2nd rounder. I legitimately think jaren will be a top 20 player next year. His ceiling is unbelievably high and his only real weakness is his tendency to get into foul trouble. He will become a better rebounder and scorer, and his stocks are already elite. I don't think you'll get many dimes out of him for a whole but thats by design since gasol and Conley are seasoned playmakers. Other than that he has very few holes in his game. 

Just now, fabrar said:

I'd say a early 2nd rounder. I legitimately think jaren will be a top 20 player next year. His ceiling is unbelievably high and his only real weakness is his tendency to get into foul trouble. He will become a better rebounder and scorer, and his stocks are already elite. I don't think you'll get many dimes out of him for a whole but thats by design since gasol and Conley are seasoned playmakers. Other than that he has very few holes in his game. 

Early 2nd round seems too high,lol

just look this season mitchell overdraft and make his owner regret

1 minute ago, kane said:

Early 2nd round seems too high,lol

just look this season mitchell overdraft and make his owner regret

Regret in November Mitchell can easily redeem his season, it's very likely. And JJJ is simply a freak of nature, his skillset demands more if you want to own him

13 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Never been more convinced ever that a rookie will be a top ten fantasy player guaranteed. I'd say in his 3rd or 4th season.

Yeah I agree. He has been top 20 these past 2 weeks thanks to 3.0 blks, 1.1 stls and 1.3 treys per game over that stretch. Add in essentially 15-5-2 on 60% shooting. Probably going to be one of those guys that is better in fantasy than reality. Not sure he will ever be a star in the NBA even though he could be a first round pick in fantasy. Think Shawn Marion. Very good NBA player, great fantasy player.