DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, a-rob said:

I own him in re-draft, trying to get a share in my keeper league. If you own this guy in a keeper league, what would it take for you to part with him?

 

I own him in 2 dynasty leagues and he is pretty close to untouchable in both.

 

In a 16 team dynasty I traded Khris Middleton at the draft to get him. Had a couple people questioning at the time but I doubt anyone is right now.

 

It's going to take something serious from a smart manager (and I assume anyone that added JJJ knows what they are doing). It might be too much to make sense. That's where I am with JJJ - nobody is untouchable but the offer has to be great, borderline stupid for me to be moving this kid right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

 

I own him in 2 dynasty leagues and he is pretty close to untouchable in both.

 

In a 16 team dynasty I traded Khris Middleton at the draft to get him. Had a couple people questioning at the time but I doubt anyone is right now.

 

It's going to take something serious from a smart manager (and I assume anyone that added JJJ knows what they are doing). It might be too much to make sense. That's where I am with JJJ - nobody is untouchable but the offer has to be great, borderline stupid for me to be moving this kid right now.

I have him in dynasty as well. He is going to be very difficult to trade for in dynasty because he is super young and already elite in a few categories. So rebuilds that own him will not be inclined to deal him. If he is on a team competing they would be hard pressed to find his stock replacement and get enough of a return from another team to trade him. I don't see him changing hands in too many dynasty leagues unless you are willing to aggressively overpay on paper today, but I would argue it would still be a good value for JJJ long term value. JJJ should fetch you whatever player you want that is 27ish or older and even then it will be a tough deal to pull off. I don't consider anyone untradeable, but JJJ is going to be very challenging to get so don't get frustrated in dynasty if you are trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

I have him in dynasty as well. He is going to be very difficult to trade for in dynasty because he is super young and already elite in a few categories. So rebuilds that own him will not be inclined to deal him. If he is on a team competing they would be hard pressed to find his stock replacement and get enough of a return from another team to trade him. I don't see him changing hands in too many dynasty leagues unless you are willing to aggressively overpay on paper today, but I would argue it would still be a good value for JJJ long term value. JJJ should fetch you whatever player you want that is 27ish or older and even then it will be a tough deal to pull off. I don't consider anyone untradeable, but JJJ is going to be very challenging to get so don't get frustrated in dynasty if you are trying. 

 

A team that trades for JJJ will have to be a rebuilding team that is willing to give up more value to get the younger player. The list is pretty small of players I'd take for him 1 for 1 in either of my leagues. One is a salary league where we use the same contracts players have in real life. JJJ is worth even more in that league and the list of players I'd take for him is even smaller.

 

JJJ is already elite in blocks. One of only 7 players averaging over 2 per game. The best game comparison (fantasy) going forward could be AD. Not saying he will ever be the level of AD. 30-13-5 seems insane to expect from JJJ and I personally see him more around a 20-10-3 guy. But the comparison fits as a big that can do it all, fill it up in every category and dominate a couple. JJJ should be able to put up points in a number of ways, the rebounding numbers will surely go up as long as he doesn't become a perimeter big on offence all the time (although the 3's are nice) and he shows the ability to make the right passes and control the game even at his young age. Even the FT% should climb as he shows capable of someone who will be able to shoot them at a higher % than current.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very high on the kid... It would have to take a serious offer for me to consider trading him.

 

If he keep improving, he will seriously make me reconsider Drummond being a keeper at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His fantasy floor feels like 2016-17 Brook Lopez...but as another mentioned, could easily become the next Shawn Marion in terms of all around fantasy friendliness. This kid will be special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😊 <—— already had him in dynasty/keeper. Most folks don’t watch his games at MSU nor did they listen to what they were saying about him in the NBA draft. They raves about his 3s n defense and said he had the highest upside in this draft. That was the ticket 🎫 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe I got him along with Beal and Marc Gasol for Kawhi and Draymond who has only played like twice in the last three weeks since I traded him. Was targeting JJJ and ended up with Beal and Gasol too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aemgraze said:

Totally bummed I did not accept the trade for JJJ early November for Trae Young. 

Trae looks special too. For me, JJJ was the #2 pick in a rookie draft behind Ayton and even then I felt JJJ had the higher ceiling. Ayton's floor is just too good to pass on him at 1st overall I think. Could be a special class for bigs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was targeting JJJ hard, but someone got him the pick before I did. I tried to trade for him, but no dice. Losing JJJ and Jarrett Allen made me get Ibaka way later, so I'm happy with that. But man if I had JJJ OMG.

 

I'm in a Keep 5 league and have great keepers so it doesn't make sense to trade for him, so I suppose it all works out.

Edited by ssolitare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aemgraze said:

Totally bummed I did not accept the trade for JJJ early November for Trae Young. 

 

Somebody offered me him for Kevin Knox’s and Lauri Markkanen first wk of the season...

 

Nowadays Knox’s is on the WW and honestly...I’d give up a fully healthy Markkanen for the super rookie in a heartbeat :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even in redrafts he’s hard to give up. I’ve gotten 2nd round player offers for him, but he’s so elite at blocks that it’s hard to replace that type of production since it’s such a scarce stat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

Trae looks special too. For me, JJJ was the #2 pick in a rookie draft behind Ayton and even then I felt JJJ had the higher ceiling. Ayton's floor is just too good to pass on him at 1st overall I think. Could be a special class for bigs!

Trae is special, but JJJ is something else.

 

I expect JJJ to have some down moments, maybe I will target him once he has 2-3 so so games in a row

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

******** hellllllll started him over Siakam ffs silly young buck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

what’s going on here? I expected more.

 

f***in jjj not living to our expectations /s

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto and the bucks are the teams I don’t play rookies or borderline foul prone/inexperienced players. They exploit n play good defense 

Edited by CityBaller8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

what’s going on here? I expected more.

 

I know right??? Drop city!!!! UGH!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simon said:

 

f***in jjj not living to our expectations /s

 

LOL

Green is getting in his head lol. Play ball man. Hold strong tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmoney0111 said:

Play ball man. Hold strong tho

 

is this directed at me? or to jjj? cause jjj won't read that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...