DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Most frustrated player in fantasy between him and m.turner

Rookie producing top-20 stats in the last 2 weeks played 1 bad game and evreybody's losing their s---. Game's not even over.

• Like 3

Just now, simon said:

Rookie producing top-20 stats in the last 2 weeks played 1 bad game and evreybody's losing their s---. Game's not even over.

Seriously everybody needs to chill the f out. You already know that foul trouble is his biggest weakness. He's big as s**t and still young, there will be games like this from time to time. When he's on he can win you an entire cat by himself so you have to take the bad with the good. 

2 hours ago, kane said:

Most frustrated player in fantasy between him and m.turner

??? Not even close man. Turner, maybe so. JJJ? No way. The guy is a 19 year old rookie who's what, 20 games into his career? We knew coming into this there would be ups and downs. We've seen the potential and we've seen the games like tonight. That comes with the territory. Expecting anything less seems unreasonable to me. My point is, there are way more frustrating guys to own out there than a 19 year old rookie. 

• Like 3

This is a frustrating thread to follow. A bad game and the sky is falling. You guys all see the upside and potential - he can put up better games than anyone currently on your wire. 

My advice: If you play in a 6 team league, you can drop him for someone more consistent. If you player in a league of 8/10+ teams he is a hold.

Keep in mind that he is foul prone still so picking matchups doesn't hurt either. If he is starting against a really good PF then maybe you consider sitting him with the thought he might get into early foul trouble trying to guard them.

• Like 1

I'm getting offers for him and staying put (1 was for Wiley, another one was for Enes Kanter). Staying put!

6 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

I'm getting offers for him and staying put (1 was for Wiley, another one was for Enes Kanter). Staying put!

Wiley who? 

1 hour ago, jamaal99 said:

Wiley who? 

Wiley Coyote. I'd take it, his upside is huge. ACME trusts him a lot so he'll get all the usage he can handle, but watch out, his stats might suffer because he spends a lot of time chasing Road Runner around.

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

So many ignorant owners of JJJ in this thread. I hope you sell him low for whoever because you don't deserve a player with such  value. Someone else in your league probably deserves him more, let him find you for a deal...

• Like 2

It's like you guys have never had a high upside-but still raw rookie on your team in fantasy basketball. They WILL have bad days, and plenty of good days. Don't cry so quickly boys.

18 minutes ago, hungry said:

It's like you guys have never had a high upside-but still raw rookie on your team in fantasy basketball. They WILL have bad days, and plenty of good days. Don't cry so quickly boys.

I don't even think he is that raw (besides foul trouble). Have you seen Mitchell Robinson? ...he is raw

• Like 1

avg 2 threes 10 pts 4 reb 1.5 assists 4 blks 2 t/o this week

hate that top 40 production from a 8/9th rd pick

The Turner comparison is laughable! People drafted Turner last season in rounds 3-4 only. JJJ was pretty much either a waiver pick up or a late round flier who is producing top 50 value. I'll gladly take JJJ over Turner any day of the week...

32 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I don't even think he is that raw (besides foul trouble). Have you seen Mitchell Robinson? ...he is raw

Agreed, I actually think he looks pretty good out there (especially considering he's the youngest player in the NBA right now). Sure, on top of his potential to get in foul trouble every once in a while, his 3s aren't really great yet (though he did shoot 39% from 3 in college, so I reckon it'll improve a bit over time). But he looks pretty skilled in the post from time to time imo.

• Like 1

Damn, this dude can even get mad buckets when he wants. His ceiling is unbelievable.

becoming my favorite player to watch and monitor. I drafted him round 9 in a redraft, now doing everything I can to trade for him in a keeper league! Aside from foul trouble, the only negative in his game is the lack of rebounds, but it's not his fault, he is playing away from the rim almost the whole time. I am actually more impressed with the stats that don't show up in the boxscore, this dude can defend all positions 1 to 5. I cannot count how many times he got switched to a PG or a Wing, but the whole time he is able to stick with the offensive player not giving him an inch forcing the guy to pass out, or to a forced shot on a drive to the basket. This guy is unreal. Luka Doncic getting all the hype for ROY award, let him have that, but in fantasy circles, the upside of Luka is not even close to the future of this dude JJJ.

• Like 1

what a 4 points play ,career high:D

Edited by kane