DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I'm in this for the long haul. I picked this kid off the waivers so I have no investment I need to get a return on. His upside is incredible and these foul plagued games should be few and far between as the season progresses. 

Is this guy's production sustainable for the rest of the season? Looking to trade for him but not sure if I'm giving up too much if I try sending Adams over for him. 

9 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Is this guy's production sustainable for the rest of the season? Looking to trade for him but not sure if I'm giving up too much if I try sending Adams over for him. 

Just imagine post all star break, send it

Is noah affecting his minutes that much? I will give noah until end of the month before he gets injured though. Wish JJJ could turn it around this game would need his stocks this week.

Both Noah and Green played a lot more minutes than JJJ, 0 fouls.

I think what is happening to McGee from Chandler is happening to JJJ......:(

Nuggets went big so their matching up by playing Noah the scrub with Gasol.

Gasol was in foul trouble so their having Noah guard jokic. 

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Nuggets went big so their matching up by playing Noah the scrub with Gasol.

Gasol was in foul trouble so their having Noah guard jokic. 

is Noah really that much bigger than JJJ?

Stay patient with him. Grizzlies are competitive this year so they will have a shorter leash on him if he makes his takes. Noah and Green don't have half the talent JJJ has but they can execute the game plan. Expect some random duds from JJJ but he's still gonna be top 50 at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Currently own him in a keeper. 

So I'll be patient with this kid.

def has the talent to become a solid top 10~20 player in his prime, but do NOT have expectations he will become the next AD.

When you watch the game he surely shows his beast-like athleticism and energy, he also has that 'it factor' both on offense and defense.

But at crunch time and when the pace gets a bit slow, the kid struggles time to time. AND he has his foul trouble issues to deal with.

Personally, I expect him to be a top 75 this year. Jam Green is no scrub and certainly fits into specific situations and gameplans better than JJJ.

don't be greedy, don't be too hyped =  Fantasy 101 when it comes to dealing with rookies.

Edited by jhsong916

6 hours ago, GarbageTyme said:

In a keeper, why not. definitely doable.

In a redraft. HELL NO. Adams will 99% put up better stats than JJJ ROS

3 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

In a keeper, why not. definitely doable.

In a redraft. HELL NO. Adams will 99% put up better stats than JJJ ROS

I wouldn’t say 99%. Adams can’t touch JJJ’s stocks potential on any given night.

• Like 1

Adams: 1.5 stls, 1.0 blks = 2.5 stocks per game

JJJ: 1.0 stls, 1.9 blks = 2.9 stocks per game

and Adams dominate JJJ in reb's and FG%. JJJ has a better FT%

AND if you are in a league which counts OREB's and DD. Adams will be a top 30-40 ROS.

Some say if JJJ finds a way to solve his foul issues, he'll be a top player. 

well, he hasn't yet. and that is an issue that time will only solve, usually 'a lot of time' is needed.

I am also mesmerized with this kids potential, but potential doesn't win you championships.

14 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Adams: 1.5 stls, 1.0 blks = 2.5 stocks per game

JJJ: 1.0 stls, 1.9 blks = 2.9 stocks per game

and Adams dominate JJJ in reb's and FG%. JJJ has a better FT%

AND if you are in a league which counts OREB's and DD. Adams will be a top 30-40 ROS.

Some say if JJJ finds a way to solve his foul issues, he'll be a top player. 

well, he hasn't yet. and that is an issue that time will only solve, usually 'a lot of time' is needed.

I am also mesmerized with this kids potential, but potential doesn't win you championships.

It's not really all that useful for the comparison to bring up two specific cats the majority of the people play without, that also happen to be Adams' strengths. In standard 8-cat and 9-cat their value is really close. I guess one could argue in favor of Adams in H2H, but in roto I'd laugh at someone offering me Adams for JJJ. Those rebs don't compensate for his atrocious FT% whatsoever imo.

• Like 3