DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

no complaints, he got to play a lot of minutes and showed some rebounding prowess vs drummond and balek of all people

stocks will probably be down for a while as he is trying to not foul but they ll pick up in the coming years

27 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

no complaints, he got to play a lot of minutes and showed some rebounding prowess vs drummond and balek of all people

stocks will probably be down for a while as he is trying to not foul but they ll pick up in the coming years

No one here cares about coming years lol... we care about coming games :) It would be tremendous for his fantasy value to average at least 2 blocks per game

3 minutes ago, Russianog said:

No one here cares about coming years lol... we care about coming games :) It would be tremendous for his fantasy value to average at least 2 blocks per game

He'll be fine. Like others said, he's playing a bit more carefully to avoid fouls. As he develops, he'll learn to block shots without fouling too much and along with his growing offensive game, his numbers will go way up everywhere. I think he'll blow up in a big way after the ASB

1 hour ago, Russianog said:

No one here cares about coming years lol

I do. He will be one of my keeper for a long long time ...

47 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

I do. He will be one of my keeper for a long long time ...

Lol yeah it was sort of rhetorical lol... technically this season is all that matters. I’ll worry about what someone can do for me next year, next year.

What the crap???

0 fouls, +1 rating and green has played as many minutes as him

im putting money on bickerstaff being the next coach fired

This guy is filled with talent and potential, a lot of fun to watch. However, the lack of rebounds does scare me. Anyone who watches a lot of their games have any insight? He's only playing 25 minutes, so I'm not expecting 10 rebounds a game or anything like that, but at least give me 6 or 7, 4 is pretty low for a young, athletic big like him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

This guy is filled with talent and potential, a lot of fun to watch. However, the lack of rebounds does scare me. Anyone who watches a lot of their games have any insight? He's only playing 25 minutes, so I'm not expecting 10 rebounds a game or anything like that, but at least give me 6 or 7, 4 is pretty low for a young, athletic big like him.

I did watch him for a couple of games and his lack of REBs is more mental than physical.

Some of  the loose balls / "free" rebounds just fall within 3-6 feet from where he's at and he doesn't even bother to get them.

He plays very good defense though so I think it's most likely that his defensive motor ends with contesting/blocking shots.

Looking at his college stats, he's not much of a rebounder either.

97S4S0J.png

With all this being said, at such a young age, these kind of things can be taught.

We might have to wait until next year though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

I did watch him for a couple of games and his lack of REBs is more mental than physical.

Some of  the loose balls / "free" rebounds just fall within 3-6 feet from where he's at and he doesn't even bother to get them.

He plays very good defense though so I think it's most likely that his defensive motor ends with contesting/blocking shots.

Looking at his college stats, he's not much of a rebounder either.

97S4S0J.png

With all this being said, at such a young age, these kind of things can be taught.

We might have to wait until next year though.

Thanks for the insight. I think as time goes on he will get better but the lack of rebounds does hurt his fantasy value for sure. 

My guess is that career wise he'll top out at 7 or 8 rebounds... I'm struggling to comp him as a player yet as he grows into the league and figures out his fouling

Peak Rasheed Wallace fits his per36 profile right now, but I think JJJ could be a better scorer. Can we get a handband on JJJ?

Quoting from the Ringer's rookie comps article from today

Jackson’s rebounding (just 4.8 per game) is rather light for a big; this seems like a concern, but the nearby presence of Marc Gasol diminishes his individual rebounding opportunities, and Jackson’s contested-rebound rate is one of the best in the league.

here is the full link

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/8/18173374/nba-rookie-comps-lottery-luka-doncic-deandre-ayton

zach kram is their stats guy and he doesnt seem all too concerned about JJJ s rebounding.

Could it be lack of strength? I was watching the Pels game last night and Anthony Davis' shoulders looked so much wider than Jackson's. Or maybe he really is a crappy rebounder, I don''t know

Should I offer THJ for this guy??

think he would bite?

im in a 12 team 9cat H2H sitting in 2nd place 

Just now, Roman89 said:

Should I offer THJ for this guy??

think he would bite?

im in a 12 team 9cat H2H sitting in 2nd place 

As JJJ owner I probably won't accept, need more

Got excited checking stattracker on yahoo showing 3 blocks, looked at it again in 10 minutes they removed 2!!!!!!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Wth happened to the 3 blocks

Bickerstaff complained to the league saying it would make him look really bad playing jamychael green so much if jjj piles on the blocks and the league took those two off

too bad for him they can’t adjust the +/- rating too ... green is -15 with giannis largely off the court, jjj is -4 with him largely guarding giannis

smh

Just now, n.mollov said:

Bickerstaff complained to the league saying it would make him look really bad playing jamychael green so much if jjj piles on the blocks and the league took those two off

too bad for him they can’t adjust the +/- rating too ... green is -15 with giannis largely off the court, jjj is -4 with him largely guarding giannis

smh

Clueless coach

I hope Gasol gets traded and Green gets the black plague so we can finally see what JJJ is capable of