DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, RedRaider27 said:

This guy is filled with talent and potential, a lot of fun to watch. However, the lack of rebounds does scare me. Anyone who watches a lot of their games have any insight? He's only playing 25 minutes, so I'm not expecting 10 rebounds a game or anything like that, but at least give me 6 or 7, 4 is pretty low for a young, athletic big like him.

Reminds me of M. Turner his 1st two years and just started to play like we expected. Hopefully Jackson gets going before Turner did. Somebody got frustrated and dropped him. Hope I can scoop him. MEM keeps on losing, he'll have a long leash 2nd half.

They’re just shopping Gasol and trying to make Gasol look as delicious as ever🧐 but nonetheless , JJJ will become a household name once after the break and trade deadline. Fully unleashed and potential for free agents to sign in Memphis. book it!

Nevar lost! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 1:08 AM, CityBaller8 said:

They’re just shopping Gasol and trying to make Gasol look as delicious as ever🧐 but nonetheless , JJJ will become a household name once after the break and trade deadline. Fully unleashed and potential for free agents to sign in Memphis. book it!

Nevar lost! 

Indeed. He and JaMychal. Somebody dropped JJJ in one of my leagues. What were they thinking? And yes, I scooped him. Trying to find space for Greene somewhere, cuz he's balling right now too.

49 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Indeed. He and JaMychal. Somebody dropped JJJ in one of my leagues. What were they thinking? And yes, I scooped him. Trying to find space for Greene somewhere, cuz he's balling right now too.

He will be the highlight after all star or even during . Their rookie will get touches so he’s a bit glorified going into the rookie sophomore game or we they call it now lol but he’s beyond good what he did on lebron in la speaks volumes 

36 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

He will be the highlight after all star or even during . Their rookie will get touches so he’s a bit glorified going into the rookie sophomore game or we they call it now lol but he’s beyond good what he did on lebron in la speaks volumes 

Hey look, not saying he AD yet, but he's AD-like. Wing span off the charts, stocks and treys. Somebody mentioned something bout his low rebounds, but when he's not alongside Gasol, they go up. So after the break it's on. Kid is good.

Man.. Between foul trouble and Bickerstaff being an invalid, this guy can't stay on the floor

On 1/20/2019 at 7:07 AM, Forever Smooth said:

Hey look, not saying he AD yet, but he's AD-like. Wing span off the charts, stocks and treys.

Man. This is when you do too much fantasy basketball.

Go watch some real games before making such comparisons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What contstitues a real game though.

Asking because I don't know if I should take the opinion of a guy who said Doncic is in the mvp conversation and has a chance to climb the mvp rankings. :rolleyes:

Edited by taenggg

7 minutes ago, taenggg said:

What contstitues a real game though.

Asking because I don't know if I should take the opinion of a guy who said Doncic is in the mvp conversation and has a chance to climb the mvp rankings. :rolleyes:

Lol y’all should stop bickering, you are both right

i love jjj but he s not in ads vicinity. He doesn’t have his midrange pull up, his strength and I think, most importantly, the go ahead from the coaching staff to be the centerpiece of the team

Thats not to say if he gets the usage ad gets he will put up the same stats, he won’t. He will be no where near as efficient. 

However, his stats are undoubtedly unicornish.  To me a better comparison is Porzingis. Can be great offensively, hit 3s, block a lot of shots and be light on rebounds. Jjj is super young though and very smart, has tons of room for improvement so maybe in 2-3 years he is putting up ads stat line but not yet

on a side note, his rebounding has been super disappointing. However, giannis and KG had very similar overall per min rebound rates and that gives me hope that in the future jjj really improves in that cat. Or he ends up Brook Lopez 2.0. Who knows

cheers

6 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Lol he’s actually better than AD offensively ,  AD came in as a shot blocker before developing a shot. JJJ stares down Lebron James and knocks a 3 to win the game in LA. I don’t recall a AD doing things like that, at 19. But hey who knows, JJJ isn’t there yet but he’s a far better talent than AD at this age, just foul trouble is the problem but his legs are stronger than AD for sure and that’s worth developing alone

6 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Calm down. My opinion. His rookie year. I'm saying he's AD like. You can state what you want. Thanks for your comment though, I'll file it in don't give a eff what you think column.

Edited by Forever Smooth

The lines he's been putting up have been pretty frustrating. He's basically been a poor mans Brook Lopez and I don't really believe in this post ASB hype that everyone is preaching. Memphis said they have a specific development plan for him and I doubt that has anything to do with them trading Gasol. Even if Gasol is traded, JJJ can't stay on the floor enough to play 30mins. Players don't learn how to stay out of trouble after a week long vacation, and last year a guy like John Collins couldn't figure it and live up to the post ASB hype that everyone created with the expectation ATL would trade Dedmon.

In terms of talent and potential he has a chance to be a superstar as his scoring on the block is extremely advanced for a rookie and the defensive potential is off the charts. He'll figure out how to contest and play D without fouling but to assume it will happen this year or act like that isn't a MAJOR roadblock in his fantasy output is silly. Which Rotoworld and the owners who are expecting a huge post asb breakout have basically done. If Gasol is traded and JJJ moves to the C position that could potentially mean even more fouls as the primary rim protector

I guess what i'm trying to say is he probably isn't worth trading for unless you can get him for the absolute low. This idea that he will be a potential top 30 after the break is unlikely IMO, but he definitely has superstar potential in real life and fantasy

• Like 1

On 2019-01-24 at 2:59 PM, Forever Smooth said:

Calm down. My opinion. His rookie year. I'm saying he's AD like. You can state what you want. Thanks for your comment though, I'll file it in don't give a eff what you think column.

I'm in agreement with you. Not sure why people get so upset over a comparison like that. JJJ is extremely exciting because of how developed he is at such a young age. The skills and fantasy potential remind us of AD. Nobody is saying he will be a a superstar and yearly MVP candidate.

AD in rookie year: 13.5pts 8.2rebs 1.0ast 1.2stls 1.8blks 0.0treys 52%/75%

Jaren this year: 13.5pts 4.6rebs 1.1ast 0.9stls 1.5blks 0.8treys 51%/79%

Aside from about 4 rpg those numbers are pretty darn close across the board. Jaren also came into a situation where Marc Gasol has hindered his production (usage rate, playing time, touches, etc). He is probably not as developed as AD was around the rim at the same age but his shooting is far superior from mid range and the 3 pt line. 

Look, JJJ will have to improve A TON to become AD. But to say his fantasy game can't compare is just silly. So far they are almost identical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this dude never stop fouling,smh

Are owners confident in a post ASB breakout? He was just dropped in my league after a trade was made, thinking of using my waiver pick on him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

Are owners confident in a post ASB breakout? He was just dropped in my league after a trade was made, thinking of using my waiver pick on him.

Yes snatch him up

Got the starting gig tonight. I wonder how many quarters he'll last before fouling out? I'm gonna say 1.5

• Haha 1