DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, NoShirtsAllowed said:

With Gasol potentially out as well, i expect him to continue to strive. Averaging 15 points / 7 rebounds / 1.5 assists / 1.5 steals / 1.5 blocks. Great efficiency as well. If he can bring up his points and reb a bit to around 16 / 8 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5 while shooting 80% from ft, that would be amazing. JJJ TAKE US HOME!

I don't see it happening.

Guy hasn't done much with this opportunity.

JJJ need to clam down,too many cheap foul make him foul trouble again 

I traded ibaka and nance for this kid and JV.. I think i may have fkd up lol

• Haha 1

This kid could be so good if he just stayed out of foul trouble. Solid hold for now, he's a 19 year old rookie, gotta go through some growing pains

2 hours ago, DLG10 said:

I'm about ready to move on.

I wouldn't just yet.

Two of his fouls were offensive and while they were the right calls, a little unfortunate in the situation. I'm sure there will be a couple more games where foul trouble kills his value but he is going to get better as the season goes and it looks like he has the ability to fill up the stat sheet.

Last week he's hands down the best player in the draft, this week he's Marquese Chriss. I understand people are always looking for the hot hand but give the kid a chance. He is very talented and his talent will shine through consistently at some point.

• Like 3

Gasol is mentoring Jackson in real time on the court.  The whole team is displaying the thoughts of their front office, that Jackson is going to be a monster, so they're helping him stay calm and collected on defense and after some of these rookie fouls are called on him.  He made the mistake of getting frustrated, and showed up the ref early in the game, and that set the tone for the group of refs to continue calling quick fouls on him.

It's dead obvious he's going to be a special player, and is ready to put up unique fantasy stats starting right now, and I see his foul trouble continuing to be a problem, but I also think it'll get better and better weekly as he learns when to be aggressive, and went to ease up so he can stay on the court.  The team needs him, and they are 100% behind is development right now, while trying to compete to make the playoffs.

I wouldn't give up on him, yet.  He should be the starter all season and learn on the job how to limit these fouls.  With 30mpg, he could be a top 60 player.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Gasol is mentoring Jackson in real time on the court.  The whole team is displaying the thoughts of their front office, that Jackson is going to be a monster, so they're helping him stay calm and collected on defense and after some of these rookie fouls are called on him.  He made the mistake of getting frustrated, and showed up the ref early in the game, and that set the tone for the group of refs to continue calling quick fouls on him.

It's dead obvious he's going to be a special player, and is ready to put up unique fantasy stats starting right now, and I see his foul trouble continuing to be a problem, but I also think it'll get better and better weekly as he learns when to be aggressive, and went to ease up so he can stay on the court.  The team needs him, and they are 100% behind is development right now, while trying to compete to make the playoffs.

I wouldn't give up on him, yet.  He should be the starter all season and learn on the job how to limit these fouls.  With 30mpg, he could be a top 60 player.  

30mpg is a pipe dream. Considering how foul prone he is, I doubt he will have even a 5-game stretch averaging 30mpg. 

2 hours ago, borgore said:

30mpg is a pipe dream. Considering how foul prone he is, I doubt he will have even a 5-game stretch averaging 30mpg. 

I'm not predicting he will, I'm giving an idea of his skill set if he can limit his fouls.

I'd bet he's closer to 27mpg but I don't think he'll just continue with these ridiculous fouls every game without getting better at this.  His teammates are spending a lot of time talking him through each foul and the frustration that comes with it.  They seem to like him, and want him on the court.  It's gonna be annoying owning him for the near future, but I bet he gets better in the next month, and by the 2nd half, he's closer to 28-31mpg.

Edited by HulkSmash

His first 4 games in a row were like 27mpg average.  That was with Jamaychal Green starting and healthy.  No pipedream, he's just had 2 bad games in a row at 19 years old.  

• Like 2

He was dropped in my league. I think his upside is there to warrant a pickup. I just grabbed TJ warren and could use the stocks but TJ is starting to heat up. Who has the better season long upside

Edited by Dent416

1 hour ago, Dent416 said:

He was dropped in my league. I think his upside is there to warrant a pickup. I just grabbed TJ warren and could use the stocks but TJ is starting to heat up. Who has the better season long upside

JJJ and its not even close - the one cat that TJ will have a definitive advantage is points - beyond that (RBS, 3s, blocks, Steals )JJJ has a massive advantage. There will be struggles yes, but there will also be week winning lines

Mans was dropped, I've got the 7th waiver in a 10 team and I am hoping people keep sleeping on the kid. 

I dropped him in my league (10 team H2H Points) but he's still available on the wire. Considering picking him back up, but I only have RHJ and Larry Nance on the end of my bench.. decisions, decisions.

Him and Nance and all their great potential are burning a hole in the bottom of my bench

Dropped Cedi

Dropped Bazemore

Passed on RHJ

Hope I'm not regretting this in a month

7 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Him and Nance and all their great potential are burning a hole in the bottom of my bench

Dropped Cedi

Dropped Bazemore

Passed on RHJ

Hope I'm not regretting this in a month

The baze is finally doing it I think. I’m a believer 

His offensive seems promising,just need to stay away foul trouble