DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1.11.2018 at 12:23 AM, HulkSmash said:

His first 4 games in a row were like 27mpg average.  That was with Jamaychal Green starting and healthy.  No pipedream, he's just had 2 bad games in a row at 19 years old.  

From what I've seen from JJJ in college, it's more likely that the first 4 games were a fluke. I've watched him extensively at Michigan State and it's unbelievable how much of a foul machine he is. JJJ founds new ways to foul every game. It's incredible really. 

Jaren has tremendous potential and still can be productive in limited minutes, but the foul issues are not going away anytime soon.  

How much do you guys believe in JJJ? I’m thinking about ridding myself of D’Angelo Russell for him.  The offer’s sitting there. I feel like JJJ has the opportunity to feast in Memphis, but I keep reading & hearing about foul trouble.  

10 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

How much do you guys believe in JJJ? I’m thinking about ridding myself of D’Angelo Russell for him.  The offer’s sitting there. I feel like JJJ has the opportunity to feast in Memphis, but I keep reading & hearing about foul trouble.  

I've been debating almost the exact same trade and its hard to say.  The upside is definitely there and if he can figure out how to stay out of foul trouble this season, he has the all around better fantasy game.  That being said, he has given no indication whatsoever that he has come close to figuring that problem out.

12 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Don't do that JJJ js being heavily dropped in many leagues already. 9% drop on Yahoo. Dlo has his own issues now but he has a bunch more name value and its usually easy to sell a pg that averages 5 assists 

50 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Don't do that JJJ js being heavily dropped in many leagues already. 9% drop on Yahoo. Dlo has his own issues now but he has a bunch more name value and its usually easy to sell a pg that averages 5 assists 

Why do you think he’s being dropped? You don’t think he has all the opportunity to be a stock monster at PF that could make 3s?

He was just dropped in my league. I'm sitting pretty on the #1 waiver priority. Worth using it on him? 

16 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

There's no definitive answer to this, but I'll give you my take.

The Nets and Celtics are my favorite team and I've been high on D Lo since he was drafted but I'll try not to be biased.  His stats are actually on par with some of the best PG's in the game at similar age though, he just has a lot of negative opinions about him due to the "snitching" BS, and Magic giving up on him.

With that said, I think they are both similar in value, and similarly risky, high upside guys so I would choose the player that plays the position more important for your team.  If your roster is well-rounded, I'd lean towards JJJ for the fact that he has a more fantasy friendly game.  He's also locked into the starting PF position for the next month, and I don't think Green has the talent to overtake him when he does come back from his broken jaw.  The front office will give him every opportunity to keep that starting spot.  Green is not their future, and JJJ could be their core player they choose to build around if they decide to blow up that team and trade their valuable veterans for young talent and prospects.

Someone above stated the JJJ's foul tendencies will continue, and I kind of agree, but I do think they'll slowly get better since his teammates are spending a lot of time and effort to communicate with him what he did wrong, during the game, right on the spot.  If the fouls go down, his value goes WAY up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Why do you think he’s being dropped? You don’t think he has all the opportunity to be a stock monster at PF that could make 3s?

I wouldnt drop him if I owned him I'm just telling you the facts that he is being dropped right now because his ownership has dropped 9% on Yahoo. He has a great fantasy game but I don't think he will have consistent value this year. I think he may be on and off wires when he goes through hot and cold streaks and if memphis is at all competitive he wont be given the chance to really breakout. 

Basically 18 years old, literally just turned 19. He's huge, if he could restrain himself from fouling by post-all star break we're in for a hell of a ride. Still young enough to grow another inch or 2, scary.

Edited by EmbiidGOAT

I watched JJJ sit there open at 3 a couple feet away from Kyle who had the ball, Kyle literally looked at him and looked away, then travelled (lol fkn bum). Slow-mo can EAD, hater.

Watched the whole game. He gets fatigued and gets lazy with his shots and needs to go up stronger with his shots.

Great game for him though. Very encouraging. He’ll definitely get better once he stays out of foul trouble. 

1 hour ago, sham242 said:

Watched the whole game. He gets fatigued and gets lazy with his shots and needs to go up stronger with his shots.

rookie wall? :lol:

lets hope his conditioning improves as the season goes...

Should be owned in 10-team, yes? Seems like his foul trouble has been his only stumbling blocks from what I've read on here. Any other concerns with him? 

3 stls and 3 blks and counting,keep it up JJJ

• Like 1

Beast! If this kid can stay out of foul trouble he's gonna be an absolute terror