DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:55 AM, spd2base said:

Should be owned in 10-team, yes? Seems like his foul trouble has been his only stumbling blocks from what I've read on here. Any other concerns with him? 

Yes, if you don't trust him then just stash him, Gonna be a big time player once he controls his fouls. Watching him play against Denver again today, and it is crazy to think he is what 18/19 but looks so much bigger already than Gasol Jokic Millsap, and he is still gonna grow maybe 2 more inches because he is not even 20 yet. It's a shame Grizzlies don't run many plays for him, but his time will come. Will be the best rookie out of this loaded draft class in a year or 2

• Like 1

3 stls and 3 blks and counting,keep it up JJJ

• Like 1

should be 4 blocks, got called for a bogus foul on a swat on harris. Referees seem to have a target on his back for foul calls!

• Like 1

Beast! If this kid can stay out of foul trouble he's gonna be an absolute terror 

On 2018-11-02 at 11:48 PM, DLG10 said:

Tired of the friggin fouling.

Hope you took my advice and didn't cut bait after! Followed up a 15-6 and 5blk game with a 20-7 3stls 3blks 2 treys game. 

I understand not everyone plays in deep 16-20 team leagues but you def want to hang onto upside because it usually pays off in the end.

This is so much fun to be apart of! Only going to keep getting better and better. Congrats to those of you who got him in keeper/dynasty leagues too, what a stud you have on your hands. The kid is barely 19 and like 10 games into his rookie year. I can't even imagine what he'll be doing in 3-5 years when he becomes a vet, grows into his body more, the game slow down, and he keeps improving. One of the highest ceilings in the league right now, and no, that's not just tonight's hype talking. Legit talent here from a soon to be NBA star.

32 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

JJJ>Doncic by the end of the season. 

I own and I love JJJ's game fantasy wise and IRL but Doncic is by far the better Rookie. He is probably the best player on his team right now which is crazy. If you mean strictly in fantasy, I can see this happening... If he has figured out how to avoid the foul trouble thing. But then again, there is WCJ...

Anyway great game today, his fantasy stock is trending sky high again. 

I tried to trade for him the first 2 weeks of the season and owner said no or only wanted a player like Nurkic in return. That same owner dropped him a few days ago and I woke up early to scoop him up instead of burning my #1 waiver priority. I’m laughing to the bank now because his upside is super high. I believe he will earn more minutes as the season goes and they will run more plays for him.

Edited by bmoney0111
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, bmoney0111 said:

I tried to trade for him the first 2 weeks of the season and owner said no or only wanted a player like Nurkic in return. That same owner dropped him a few days ago and I woke up early to scoop him up instead of burning my #1 waiver priority. I’m laughing to the bank now because his upside is super high. I believe he will earn more minutes as the season goes and they will run more plays for him.

I want to play in your league!

• Like 2

I'm annoyed...he's really putting a damper on all my J-Myke investments....

kidding!

JJJampionship!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

what s this guy's ceiling for dynasty?

who would you guys compare him to?

Kevin Garnett with a 3 ball

1 hour ago, n.mollov said:

what s this guy's ceiling for dynasty?

who would you guys compare him to?

I wont be shocked if he is more valuable than Ayton by the end of next year. Im assuming he is going to have a pretty big second half of the season and be picked in the 40s-50s in redraft leagues next year. After that, it probably depends what Memphis does with Gasol in free agency. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Kevin Garnett with a 3 ball

Peak Garnett averaged 6 assists a game and was a monster rebounder. Do you reckon that JJJ has either of those things in him?

JJJ should also have a much higher blocks ceiling than KG so I don't think it's a very good comparison.

Edited by Stallion

27 minutes ago, MJtheGOAT said:

Do you guys think JJJ is good enough to use the number 1 waiver claim on if someone dropped him?

Hell. Yes. Literally helps you everywhere except assists.

17 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

If you are in a shallow redraft though do you think he has turned a corner? I mean he was posting some major duds. I think he looks fantastic at times but shallow leagues there are some stacked teams.

10 minutes ago, molski said:

If you are in a shallow redraft though do you think he has turned a corner? I mean he was posting some major duds. I think he looks fantastic at times but shallow leagues there are some stacked teams.

The duds were due to foul trouble. When he's managed to avoid fouls, he's always delivered.

2 hours ago, Stallion said:

Peak Garnett averaged 6 assists a game and was a monster rebounder. Do you reckon that JJJ has either of those things in him?

JJJ should also have a much higher blocks ceiling than KG so I don't think it's a very good comparison.

A lot of players are increasing their rebounds this season with the new rules. Marc Gasol isn't getting any younger, JJJ's basically 18 just turned 19 years old and solidly built already & will most definitely grow another inch or two approaching 7ft tall. His rebound numbers are guaranteed to increase, so correction Garnett with a 3 ball & elite Blocks.

37 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

I was thinking that.  I wanted to wait until one of the teams has way too many injuries, and is forced to drop a really talented player out of necessity.  But JJJ could end having a better year than any of those players that potentially could be dropped later. I think you're right.  Thank you.