DLove

Jaren Jackson Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, molski said:

If you are in a shallow redraft though do you think he has turned a corner? I mean he was posting some major duds. I think he looks fantastic at times but shallow leagues there are some stacked teams.

By shallow you mean an 8 team 12 roster spots, he is definitely top 96. I probably couldn’t name more than 40 players I’d rather own than JJJ!

1 minute ago, MJtheGOAT said:

Not having a good night at all despite getting the minutes.  For anyone watching the game, what seems to be the problem?

he don't box out and fight for reb

9 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Was anyone here consistent in anything in their life after just turning 19 other than jerking off?

I was, and still am, a consistent farter. 

• Haha 1

All jokes aside though - I am expecting wild inconsistency from him, really good games and then duds. Im gonna be holding no matter what because I think he is going to be a monster in the 2nd half of the year, especially if Gasol gets traded.

• Thanks 1

Wow. There will be ups and downs early on...but it only takes 1 up from this guy to win you a single cat for the wk :o

This kid is gonna be an absolute terror after the all-star break. He's already halfway there. Reminds me of a baby Kevin garnett 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

I wonder how good this guy will be in a few years.

He has the potential to be a Kevin Garnett-level player. Whether he will is another question because KG is an all-time great, but his game and his build/style is very similar. What really set KG apart as a PF was his playmaking ability. JJJ is already very good on defense and a capable scorer - those skills will improve with time, as will his ability to grab boards. If he can start setting up plays for his teammates though, that'll push him up to a new level.

FWIW I think he has the highest ceiling in this year's rookie class. In 2-3 years, I can see him putting up 19/10 with 2 blocks and close to 2 steals. Right now, he's averaging 11.5/5/1.4 with 1.0 stls and 1.8 blks on 45%/76% shooting. I expect these numbers to improve after the ASB. 

• Like 1