Debo

Bell @ 1.12 or Fournette @ 3.12 (Keeper Question) WHIR

Hello all!  Draft season is almost here!  I've been wrestling with keeping Bell at 1.12 or Fournette at 3.12 in a keep forever PPR league.  Lifelong Steeler fan and have owned Bell for the past 3 years.  Tough to let go!  There is a good amount of value on both players.  What would you do?  WHIR!   Thank you!

Bell in what seems like his final season in Pitt this year. 

The contract situation makes things murky for Bell and he has got a lot of wear on his tires. I'd play it safe with Fournette who is great value himself and has a more promising future. I'm assuming there is only 1 keeper so there should be some good players still available at 1.12

Thank you for the input!  Still a tough decision.  Ran through a scratch mock with expected keepers.   Here's what I can up with.

A.

1.12 - Bell

2.01 - Thomas/Allen/Adams/Green

3.12 - Diggs/Ertz/Cooper/DT

4.01 - See Above

B.

1.12 - Thomas

2.01 - Allen/Green/Adams

3.12 - Fournette

4.01 - Diggs/Ertz/Cooper/DT

16 minutes ago, Debo said:

Thank you for the input!  Still a tough decision.  Ran through a scratch mock with expected keepers.   Here's what I can up with.

A.

1.12 - Bell

2.01 - Thomas/Allen/Adams/Green

3.12 - Diggs/Ertz/Cooper/DT

4.01 - See Above

B.

1.12 - Thomas

2.01 - Allen/Green/Adams

3.12 - Fournette

4.01 - Diggs/Ertz/Cooper/DT

Thomas/Allen/Fournette looks better for sure when you put it that way.

For two rounds of value, and several years of usage, I think you have to take Fournette here.

Return the favor?

• Like 1

On 18/7/2018 at 2:35 AM, Debo said:

Bell at 1.12 or Fournette at 3.12

Bell at 1.12 is good. Fournette at 3.12 is fantastic. 

Keep Fournette and you'll surely get something good at 1.12. If you keep Bell, you'll have to see what you can get at 3.12.

And congrats on the title last year I guess :)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

I'm in the minority but I like Bell @ 1.12 more in the PPR league.  He's a much more valuable player given the league format.  Fournette's injury history is also a major concern and he has no involvement in the passing game

A.

1.12 - Bell

2.01 - Thomas

3.12 - Diggs

4.01 - Cooper/ DT

B.

1.12 - Thomas

2.01 - Allen

3.12 - Fournette

4.01 - Diggs

Looking at your mocks, I think the difference between Bell and Fournette is bigger than the difference between Cooper/ DT and Allen.  

If you are being ruthless Fournette.

But if Steelers fan, more fun to keep Bell and Cooper to make come back.  Sanders better for Broncos backfield and might be there 5.12.

Id go Bell.

When do you have to name your keeper?   I would hold out on the decision as long as I could.  If by some miracle Bell signs and plays most of camp,  and he is looking his usual self in camp I would take him.  If he holds out I worry to much of a slow start and an injury.

Fournette @ 3.12 is pretty fantastic.  I'm an LSU guy so watched this guy's entire college career..  He is a BEAST.   Slight foot injury concerns, but worth the risk at that price, IMO. 

Personally I see a huge difference in value from Bell to Fournette.  I like the first four you mention better with Bell.  Plus I wouldn't want to give one of the first two picks in a keeper the chance to take the 2nd best RB in fantasy.