Whitecloud0101

T.J. Yeldon 2018 Outlook

So who are we burning the rest of our FAAB on? I’m leaning Hyde but this seems like such a crapshoot between the 2. Tough situation to be in here with many of us going in to playoffs... any insight is much appreciated 

I think the gamescript will favor Yeldon over Hyde. When they were without Fournette in London and Hyde had just arrived, Yeldon had still more carries, but he got lots of looks in the passing game with 90 receiving yards. I could see Hyde getting more carries now that he's been there some time. Against the Colts though, I think they will be down early since the Colts offense is just too explosive for that underperforming Jags D. Here's hope that the backup QB will lock in on checkdowns to Yeldon just like Bortles did. They have no TE worth noting and I can't imagine the backup QB airing it out to his WRs. And in the one game Bortles was benched earlier in the season, the backup QB found Yeldon who made an amazing TD grab.

I would even say if you have no clearcut better choices but need a win this week, Yeldon is a great pickup, especially in PPR formats!

Edited by frog34

Anyone else thinking about flexing TJ this week? I am. Nice little write up here from Rotoworld's Nick Mensio's start 'em/sit 'em column for week 13:

RUNNING BACK

Start of the Week: T.J. Yeldon vs. Colts: Leonard Fournette has been suspended for Week 13 after his on-field fist-fight with Bills DE Shaq Lawson last Sunday. Fournette came off the bench to scuffle with Lawson, and it continued into the tunnel. Fournette appealed his ban but lost on Wednesday. He’s officially out. So it’ll be Yeldon and Carlos Hyde in the backfield. In six games Fournette has missed this season, Yeldon has played 71.5% of the snaps with touch counts of 12 — 13 — 18 — 11 — 17 — 9 while averaging 85.2 yards per game with two total scores. Fournette missed Weeks 2-3 and then 5-8 after returning briefly for Week 4. That four-game stretch from Weeks 5-8, Yeldon was the overall RB12 in fantasy points per game. Weeks 2 and 3, Yeldon was the RB33 and RB19, so he’s been very useful when Fournette has been absent from the lineup. Hyde was only in Jacksonville for the Week 8 date against the Eagles. Yeldon out-snapped Hyde 37-28 that day. Hyde has been a popular waiver-wire pickup this week, but Yeldon is the superior play. He just brings more to the table in all facets of the game. The only worry is Hyde could steal a goal-line touchdown. The Colts are 17th in fantasy points allowed to running backs and a surprising No. 5 in run-defense DVOA. However, Indy has allowed the second-most catches to running backs and just allowed 96 yards and two touchdowns on 13 touches to Kenyan Drake last week, including a 5-64-1 receiving line. Just three weeks ago, Yeldon had a strong 5-51 line through the air against this same defense, and that was with Fournette piling up 29 touches ahead of him. The Colts play at the second-fastest offensive pace and are 21st in opponent plays per game. The Jaguars ran 75 offensive plays when these clubs met in Week 10, the third-most plays Jacksonville has gotten off in 2018. Hyde has seen his playing time rise a bit from 12% > 15.9% > 21.4% the last three games, but there’s more than enough to go around for both backs playing in an offense that wants to hide its quarterback. Cody Kessler will be making his first start of the year for the Jaguars. He’s a 6’1/215 popgun-armed passer who loves to work the ball to his backs, tight ends, and slot wideouts in easy pitch-and-catch situations. Yeldon is a rock-solid RB2 with an outside shot at a top-12 day.

Fournette is back, but TJ is still going to see 3rd down action in Tennessee. Anyone firing him up this week?

You never know if TJ is going to bust out, but with Kessler at QB and Fournette back I just can't trust him. He's on my bench.