J.T. Marlin

Jonas Valanciunas 2018-19 Season Outlook

18 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Averaging 12/9 with 1 block on 55/30/81 in his career in 25 min per. How the hell does that scream bad player?? I have seen him play plenty and he always looks very sound. If anything he is at best a solid center in the league that was never featured before with untapped potential given the role. 

Boban has great stats too when he gets to play. Most of the time when JV on floor more of a liability. Why do you think he barely got to play in playoffs and never closes games? His offense is only decent it doesn't make up for his crazy slowness and defensive limitations. Decent fantasy player because of efficiency much better than him in real life

27 minutes ago, richg24 said:

You guys just dont understand the nba. They don't give a f--- about jv ut was just something to get a deal done for disgruntled old gasol. Jv sucks as a raptors fan watching him for years. It's not like by going to Memphis he will suddenly become a good player lol. 

Gasol was not disgruntled. He wanted to stay in Memphis but Memphis wanted to play a different style. I’m not even a raps fan and I know for a fact that JV does not suck lol. He’s pretty good. In the old nba he would be great but in today’s nba he’s still pretty good

Don't be misled by a clueless coach with tanking on his mind. JV is a double-double threat in 20-25 minutes who can score close to the hoop and started taking some 3s. He is 26 but has been in the league for a while so I get why his ceiling in Toronto may have led others to evaluate him under those limitations. I think he'll get his chances in Memphis, I am a little less confident that it will be this season

9 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Boban has great stats too when he gets to play. Most of the time when JV on floor more of a liability. Why do you think he barely got to play in playoffs and never closes games? His offense is only decent it doesn't make up for his crazy slowness and defensive limitations. Decent fantasy player because of efficiency much better than him in real life

Jonas was benched because the Raptors traded for an elite rim protector come on now. Of course he would be benched for that even if Ibaka has slowed hard the last 2 seasons in shot blocking, he still has that rep. 

Don't panic.beside conley and JJJ,who can score in Grizzlies?Holiday? Bradley?CJ miles?Noah?lol.....JV will have huge usage in 2nd unit and don't forget JJJ is foul prone,we can see Rabb+JV together sometimes

27 minutes ago, kane said:

Don't panic.beside conley and JJJ,who can score in Grizzlies?Holiday? Bradley?CJ miles?Noah?lol.....JV will have huge usage in 2nd unit and don't forget JJJ is foul prone,we can see Rabb+JV together sometimes

Lot of bad chuckers on that team, holiday, Bradley, miles ouch:(

Jonas Valanciunas is expected to make his Memphis debut on Tuesday vs. San Antonio.

He's officially cleared the immigration process, so he should be good to go for tonight's game. Ivan Rabb may start initially, but it shouldn't take Valanciunas too long to claim his place in the starting unit. The Grizzlies are hoping to concede their top-8 protected 2019 draft pick to the Celtics this summer, so they aren't interested in tanking; which is a boon to JV's rest-of-season outlook.

LOL Rotoworld wants this guy to start so bad.  How the heck would they know it shouldnt take him long to take Rabbs starting spot?  Wish they would give the news without the advice unless its quotes from the coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Jonas Valanciunas is expected to make his Memphis debut on Tuesday vs. San Antonio.

He's officially cleared the immigration process, so he should be good to go for tonight's game. Ivan Rabb may start initially, but it shouldn't take Valanciunas too long to claim his place in the starting unit. The Grizzlies are hoping to concede their top-8 protected 2019 draft pick to the Celtics this summer, so they aren't interested in tanking; which is a boon to JV's rest-of-season outlook.

LOL Rotoworld wants this guy to start so bad.  How the heck would they know it shouldnt take him long to take Rabbs starting spot?  Wish they would give the news without the advice unless its quotes from the coach.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like every RW blurb and/or article trashes every player they have on their team? lol

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

If they didn't add at least a tiny bit of analysis to the news, what would the point be?  Look at who's already started ahead of Rabb this year.  It's not insane to assume that JV eventually will.

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

If they didn't add at least a tiny bit of analysis to the news, what would the point be?  Look at who's already started ahead of Rabb this year.  It's not insane to assume that JV eventually will.

Their comments arent analysis.  Lets see JV outplay rabb first before they make those comments is all I am saying.  

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Their comments arent analysis.  Lets see JV outplay rabb first before they make those comments is all I am saying.  

They're not analysis...? What are they then?  

Considering Rabb has averaged 11 minutes all year, I don't think it's JV that needs to outplay him, but Rabb that needs to outplay JV.  I'm just kinda bemused that you're insulted that rotoworld dare suggest that JV is better than Ivan Rabb, who no one had ever heard of three months ago.  Like maybe Rabb will keep the starting job, but it's not definitely not crazy to think he won't.

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

They're not analysis...? What are they then?  

Considering Rabb has averaged 11 minutes all year, I don't think it's JV that needs to outplay him, but Rabb that needs to outplay JV.  I'm just kinda bemused that you're insulted that rotoworld dare suggest that JV is better than Ivan Rabb, who no one had ever heard of three months ago.  Like maybe Rabb will keep the starting job, but it's not definitely not crazy to think he won't.

We will see when they both play.

Times share with Noah?both play 10 mins in first half

2 minutes ago, kane said:

Times share with Noah?both play 10 mins in first half

Val hasn't played in a long time, going to take some time to play his full compliment of minutes. 

Well its didn't take long for him 2 post a big line. Prob will be starting in a week. 

19/9 in just 18 minutes so far, and primed for more minutes in the future.

Do not ever think of dropping this man.

1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

19/9 in just 18 minutes so far, and primed for more minutes in the future.

Do not ever think of dropping this man.

Chill and knock on wood right away... no jinx allowed here🤙