J.T. Marlin

Jonas Valanciunas 2018-19 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

No news is good news then?

Didn't see anything but Bickerstaff said 2 days ago that Jonas would not play b2b sets initially so maybe nothing has been reported because it was already reported?? We will soon find out. 

14 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Didn't see anything but Bickerstaff said 2 days ago that Jonas would not play b2b sets initially so maybe nothing has been reported because it was already reported?? We will soon find out. 

He’s in now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

I dunno why this idiot coach doesn't just start him.  Missed out on FA due to his stupid lies about Rabb.

the coach was the one who picked him up :ph34r:

Bickerstaff is pretty much a Fizzdale clone. They both just say nonsense to the media nightly and prob. laugh about later that night...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously, why even say that?  It wasn't no news is good news: because he told us that, no news was bad news.  Then he played him.  Fantasy basketball is difficult enough without basically getting #fakenews from head coaches that we need to try to decipher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaveRiderEM said:

What’s his outlook ROS? 

He just played 21 and 23 minutes just coming off injury, off the bench, coach wants to slowly ease him in..

I'd say 25 minutes, very possibly 28-30 minutes as the starting center a week or so after the ASB. Possibly 18/11/2/0.4/1.2 on great efficiency and FT%?

i want to believe that he'll average over 15 ppg/10 rebounds but something tells me he's gonna average 12 pts/8 rebounds with a stock here and there. he's a per minute monster but he's never been an elite fantasy option and JJJ is going to need touches too

3 hours ago, fantasm said:

i want to believe that he'll average over 15 ppg/10 rebounds but something tells me he's gonna average 12 pts/8 rebounds with a stock here and there. he's a per minute monster but he's never been an elite fantasy option and JJJ is going to need touches too

I can’t see him not falling into 14/10 in 25-28 min. Per with room for much more. 

3 hours ago, droselicious said:

Is this guy a better player ROS than whiteside?

They provide lil different value, Val for both fg/ft % and maybe points, Whiteside for boards/blocks.

Yeah, I need this guy to play BADLY. I’m  neck and neck vs team that has both Rabb and Noah and they killed me yesterday. 

Any idea why he only played 21mins last night? Foul trouble was not the issue...

22 minutes ago, flippy said:

and he's doing this in our fantasy playoffs. two thumbs up for you dude

man I cant believe I got this guy for Fournier and a 2nd round pick in a dynasty (This was when JV was hurt and Fournier went on that nice run in Jan).

So happy!