J.T. Marlin

Jonas Valanciunas 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Time to panic yet?

He's gonna feast on Washington's front court tonight, especially with Kawhi out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Look for a nice bounce back tonight vs. Washington, should get plenty of burn vs. Dwight. 

Doesn't Dwight still have that literal pain in the a** injury? If so JV is facing who? Mahinmi? Bounceback time

9 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Look for a nice bounce back tonight vs. Washington, should get plenty of burn vs. Dwight. 

Dwight out, but he's definitely bouncing back

Just now, battaginlemon said:

Dwight out, but he's definitely bouncing back

remember no kawhi tonight

Amazing. It looks like he’ll play even less under Nurse this year.

Any time, and I mean ANY time, the opposing team decides to go small, he’s out of the game. 

Washington decided to close out out the game with Markieff at C and Ibaka played the rest of the way as a result.

I was expecting a more even split with the declining Ibaka this season but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Espoiral

2 hours ago, skiteam14 said:

Garbage time tonight creating a sell-high window

He was the best player on the floor... when he was on the floor. Not garbage time numbers at all.

But without the minutes, hes an underwhelming fantasy option. He is like a premium version of Boban at this point

He tempts me every year. Every goddam year. Then he's all over the place. I never learn. Like some kinda Harlow wire monkey mother's kid.

• Like 1

he just need mins,he always putting stat when he get playing time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, kane said:

he just need mins,he always putting stat when he get playing time

No he just needs to match up against traditional bigs on a nightly basis. Teams that go small or have smart stretch bigs and guards that can attack him on the p'n'r torch him and make him a total negative. He is going to put up decent value, but its going to be hit and miss all season. His start to the year is EXACTLY what you should expect. Duds against teams like Boston that can play smaller and Horford/Gasol types stretching him out and just out smarting him, and decent lines against guys like Hernangomez (who couldn't defend an army of grannies from Fort knox) and Ian Mahimni, and Drummond, and Dwight, etc.

He is a fine guy to have, but he is what he is...His ceiling and floor and pretty close together in the 60-80 range

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2

I feel like I should try trading him. I’m not really enjoying the rotation and he will for sure be an up and down player throughout the season. The frustration is real:(

Last year he had 1 dud and 1 nice game vs Minny. What are the boards feelings about how he does tonight? 

22 hours ago, RotoMadeGOAT said:

I feel like I should try trading him. I’m not really enjoying the rotation and he will for sure be an up and down player throughout the season. The frustration is real:(

Where else would you get FG% though?  FG% might be more scarce this year than blocks.  I haven't even considered moving him because of this.  After the first two rounds, there's basically JVal, Kanter, Whiteside, and Taj Gibson for decent FG%.  You probably won't find it on the wire.  I'd take 18-22 minutes of JVAL at the end of my bench to help anchor it.

4 minutes ago, superjew said:

FG% might be more scarce this year than blocks.

It's not, not even close.

Damn. Serge Ibaka is getting the burn... Always thought JV would show his true self with Casey gone... I'd hold onto him a bit more, or even sell high while you can. Maybe Ibaka is just a bit hot.

"buy-low" on JV if you can. His per 36 stats are unreal and his minutes are only going to go up. Nurse is a big fan of JV and its pretty clear that they are working out the kinks with their offense with new personnel 

This time sharing with Ibaka and constant lineup changes are killing JV's value. If Ibaka gets injured, then JV can be a monster. If Ibaka is healthy, JV may still be useful, though he will have his ups and downs. However, I am not sure if you can actually buy low on him at the moment, guess would need to wait for some string of bad games and then try to pull the deal.