J.T. Marlin

Jonas Valanciunas 2018-19 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

Is Monroe even worth a pick up?

Deep leaguers only. Raptors will go small for the most part. Siakam will earn more minutes at center. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Deep leaguers only. Raptors will go small for the most part. Siakam will earn more minutes at center. 

Yeah I don’t think worth it for a 10 man league. 🤟

Anybody else planning to hold in 12 team with no IL spot?I feel like Cs with his efficiency and upside can’t be found easily on the wire, but I’m already holding Harris and Love is taking up  IL so it will be tough

Edited by monkeysennin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, monkeysennin said:

Anybody else planning to hold in 12 team with no IL spot?I feel like Cs with his efficiency and upside can’t be found easily on the wire, but I’m already holding Harris and Love is taking up  IL so it will be tough

I'm in the same boat. Got Love and another banged up player ALONG with Jonas with no IL spot. I don't want to drop him because like you I don't feel there are many other C's with his efficiency/upside but I may have no choice. 

Just hate the idea of someone else picking him up when he's ready to come back... 

4 hours ago, monkeysennin said:

I personally dropped for JaMychal Green. They have pretty similar stats so far if Green can keep it up. 

Well he should be dropped in shallow league. Even with the 12 teams with no IL The timetable seems unlikely. He might miss 6 weeks at the minimum not the stated 4 weeks base on his injury

Edited by darrylmontales
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 2:49 AM, darrylmontales said:

Well he should be dropped in shallow league. Even with the 12 teams with no IL The timetable seems unlikely. He might miss 6 weeks at the minimum not the stated 4 weeks base on his injury

last time this happened to him, he missed 38 days 

Jonas Valanciunas (thumb) will miss at least another 3-4 weeks of action.

He's now three weeks removed from the procedure that was expected to sideline him for at least four weeks, but it's clear that his absence will extend well beyond that initial four-week timetable. Serge Ibaka has been the primary beneficiary with JV on the sidelines, while Greg Monroe has been more involved in the rotation.

SMH what's the consensus here? Feels like if you've held so far there's no point in dropping now. 

Just now, Nazyef said:

SMH what's the consensus here? Feels like if you've held so far there's no point in dropping now. 

I dropped him in my 10 man league... TBH.. there are guys in WW he can be replaced with.

Weirdly enough dude was picked up when that news dropped, I'd still hold if you have a spot on the IR

22 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

I dropped him in my 10 man league... TBH.. there are guys in WW he can be replaced with.

10 would be tough to keep. I'm in 12 and his dependence on matchups really bogs him down IMO. I have Cousins on IR and will probably drop Jonas for him I'm thinking

3 hours ago, maleman said:

ouch another 4 weeks. held so long without an IR slot. dop city? 

Clearly. He's been on waivers in my deep league since the injury. 

At this point I'd prefer grabbing Zeller, but If Ibaka goes down I'm racing for JV.

Edited by flat_eric

5 minutes ago, buckets88 said:

Is he still a hold in 12 team with no IR spot?

No... not with no IR spot. He isn't expected back for another month and his ceiling ain't all that high as he will play behind Ibaka and Siakem. He will average 20-25 min ros imo