Sign in to follow this  
Mamei

Baseball Prospectus Midseason Top 50 Dynasty Prospects

I'd rather have many different upsides over "Good Ian Desmond" given they have Tatis Jr as their #2.  I mean Benitendi, Healthy Rondon, Coors Bregman, Prime Kinsler, Vintage Pedroia...

Maybe I'm just forgetting what "Good Ian Desmond" was. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

I'd rather have many different upsides over "Good Ian Desmond" given they have Tatis Jr as their #2.  I mean Benitendi, Healthy Rondon, Coors Bregman, Prime Kinsler, Vintage Pedroia...

Its funny you mention Desmond, because that line stood out to me too. I looked up Desmond.  One year of WRC+ in the 120s. I feel like its a poor comparison.  I fully insist his upside is Machado type talent, maybe with steals earlier on and less power than present day Machado, but I think he could push for 30+ HR in his prime. 

BP is bad these days

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Good Ian Desmond was in the 20/20 club on 4 separate occasions (with an average north of .280 in 3 of those 4 seasons). Arguably, his best year as recently as 2016 with Texas (107 runs, 22 HR, 86 RBI, 21 SB, .285 avg). That said, I never understood how the signing to play 1B made sense for Colorado on any level, but good Ian Desmond was definitely a very solid fantasy asset. I think Tatis' power potential is higher than Desmond's though, so I don't think it's the greatest comp.