RedDogNamedClippers

DeMar DeRozan Season Thread 2018-2019

Putting in work, if only he put the work in on 3s which is the only thing that separates him from the higher end 2 guards.He's been in the league for almost a decade cmon man work on your 3s lol

28 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Imagine if this guy could shoot 3s

it seemed like he was comin around last season when he hit 1.1 per game 

took 2 steps back this year smh 

14 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Someone offered demar for my CJ mccollum? Is this a good trade? Demar has almost no 3s. 

About the same. 

CJ more triples, DeMar more FTs and counting stats.

Raps completely gave up. All starters sitting down in the 4th right now. Pop needs to say F it and put the man back in to get his first career triple dubs. Have to Pop. Come on man! 1 more assist. 

• Like 1

On 2018-12-18 at 6:08 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Starting to believe DeMar's a liability since he's giving you from the Guard position zero threes and only average stocks...

He's ranked 31st overall. What he lacks in some areas he makes up for in others. 

If you expected him to give you threes and stocks then that's poor planning for your build and not an inherent liability.

• Like 2

I swapped Klay for DeRozan about a week ago, but is DeMar's presence on my side the only reason he seems to have taken an intensive course on F/T shooting by watching 2015-2017 videos of DAJ and Drummond? 2 of 6 last game and now 0/2....Gnash!

Hopefully he's just in a little slump, he's too good a player to be as bad from the line for a career 80%+ shooter.

Big shooting slump, at least he's filling out the stat sheet. 2nd triple dub today???

he flat out refuses to shoot threes 

strange because he was up to 1.1 makes last year.. i feel like his game would be twice as good if he at least attempted 3-4 per game and kept the defense honest from downtown.

6 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he flat out refuses to shoot threes 

strange because he was up to 1.1 makes last year.. i feel like his game would be twice as good if he at least attempted 3-4 per game and kept the defense honest from downtown.

I agree but if you look at casey’s offense it’s structured around drive and kick off pick and rolls... pops system is similar to a flex system which uses a ton of off ball cross screens so I’m assuming he’s just not taking the 3s just because he knows he can come off either a flex or down screen and get an iso on either the elbow or mid block... the extra 3s will help keep defenses from stacking him and allow them to create more space so I’d hope he starts taking them when he’s more comfortable and trusts his shot more...

I think this Is a system that fits his style hence the numbers we are getting...

I thought it was going to be panic city up in here after this mornings Roto blurb.  😂😂😂😂😂👍😪😪😂😂😂I'm going back to bed. Lol

11 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I thought it was going to be panic city up in here after this mornings Roto blurb.  😂😂😂😂😂👍😪😪😂😂😂I'm going back to bed. Lol

You’re talking about this blurb: 

DeMar DeRozan has been scoring, but not as as efficiently as he was to start his Spurs career.
"I’m not worried about it," DeRozan said. "Sometimes I embrace the struggle whenever it comes because once you get out of it you become more appreciative of the struggle and you kind of get a better rhythm from there." He's been averaging 17.5 points on 17.4 shots per game over his last eight, shooting just 39.6% from the field. His efficiency has been back up this year with the removal of the 3-pointer from his game, but he's been on a rare cold streak of late. His numbers are up across the board this season, though, so there's no reason to panic. Jan 13 - 9:37 AM

Having traded for DeRozan a week and a half ago, what's changed that he's suddenly turned into peak James Harden for turnovers? Coughing them up willy-nilly now, and his F/T's are a bit whiffy now as well. But getting a bit annoyed with 4,5 and 6 turns all of a sudden. he wasn't doing that before. Tiredness? The weird thing is that in Toronto he and Lowry always controlled about 90% of the usage between them anyway!

6 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

Having traded for DeRozan a week and a half ago, what's changed that he's suddenly turned into peak James Harden for turnovers? Coughing them up willy-nilly now, and his F/T's are a bit whiffy now as well. But getting a bit annoyed with 4,5 and 6 turns all of a sudden. he wasn't doing that before. Tiredness? The weird thing is that in Toronto he and Lowry always controlled about 90% of the usage between them anyway!

He’s been really bad recently. He should trend back up in the next week or so, but yeah, his FT is ridiculously bad for his standards lately and he’s been turning it over like crazy. FG was in the 30s as well.

• Like 1