RedDogNamedClippers

DeMar DeRozan Season Thread 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Dude is so broken right now. Having him and Dipo has been the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Dude is so broken right now. Having him and Dipo has been the worst.

 

Indeed...no surprise i'm 2nd last on the table after getting basically bad waiver-wire duddery from blokes staken in the 2nd and 4th rounds. Dipo at least today had a pretty good line, 2 treys, 3 steals, no turns. But DeRozan? 4 of 16, doesn't even attempt treys, and four turns....if his name was anyone else he'd be tossed off anyone's side in a flash as a bad streamer. But you have to hang on....i guess. But he's been almost the boat anchor of all boat anchors to anyone's fantasy side with category killing inefficiency in %'s and T/O's...and at best a poor man's R-Jax set of numbers elsewhere.

What i don't get about him talking dog-day stuff and the long season....for years he and Lowry totally dominated usage at Toronto, i mean anyone owning a Toronto tall knew all too well that there was only about 10% usage to go around after DeRozan and Lowry played as a pair of hunguses for years. Now he seems to be reacting as it he's extra tired from playing essentially only the same number of minutes. Does San Antonio require him to do more off the ball, and it's something he's not used to? 

(For the non Aussie rules footy fans here, a hungus is someone who hogs the ball and wants to do it all, especially score) = Hungry for the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

 

Indeed...no surprise i'm 2nd last on the table after getting basically bad waiver-wire duddery from blokes staken in the 2nd and 4th rounds. Dipo at least today had a pretty good line, 2 treys, 3 steals, no turns. But DeRozan? 4 of 16, doesn't even attempt treys, and four turns....if his name was anyone else he'd be tossed off anyone's side in a flash as a bad streamer. But you have to hang on....i guess. But he's been almost the boat anchor of all boat anchors to anyone's fantasy side with category killing inefficiency in %'s and T/O's...and at best a poor man's R-Jax set of numbers elsewhere.

What i don't get about him talking dog-day stuff and the long season....for years he and Lowry totally dominated usage at Toronto, i mean anyone owning a Toronto tall knew all too well that there was only about 10% usage to go around after DeRozan and Lowry played as a pair of hunguses for years. Now he seems to be reacting as it he's extra tired from playing essentially only the same number of minutes. Does San Antonio require him to do more off the ball, and it's something he's not used to? 

(For the non Aussie rules footy fans here, a hungus is someone who hogs the ball and wants to do it all, especially score) = Hungry for the ball.

 

Yeah, he’s been absolute trash. If his name wasn’t DeRozan I would’ve benched him with the quickness.

 

He’s been so bad recently his value has plummeted from top 30 to top 50. That is not an easy feat — to change your season ranking that drastically in two weeks. You essentially have to be so toxic in multiple categories, which he has been.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just getting ready for the post season guys, this is peak playoff derozan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeMar DeRozan (knee) ruled out for Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruled out for Tuesday also..smh, what kinda "knee soreness" is this. At least Yahoo gave him the INJ tag 

Edited by malixx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch, maybe should've rested longer lol. Hopefully he picks it up in the 2nd half. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here I was thinking he'd play with a chip on his shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he starts to pick it up over the second half of the season. I traded Nurkic (they just got Kanter) and WCS for him yesterday. My team is stacked so i had the expendable piece. I am banking on this guy to resume his early season form and take me to a championship!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

I think he starts to pick it up over the second half of the season. I traded Nurkic (they just got Kanter) and WCS for him yesterday. My team is stacked so i had the expendable piece. I am banking on this guy to resume his early season form and take me to a championship!!

I'm also trying to buy in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yall too late. i got the championship team. how do you not have derozan?! lol jk but yeah i agree he will turn it up after ASB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this guy is ready to carry Spurs to a respectable playoff spot. 61 points 8 rebounds 12 assists 6 steals 1 block over 50% fg over 90% ft over the last 2 games?, carry me sir.

Edited by PaddyAustralia
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justblazedawg said:

Any chance he sits tomorrow for the B2B?

think he sat enough today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...