Patrick Bateman

Michael Porter Jr 2018-19 Season Thread

so the question is...do we use a top 10 dynasty rookie draft pick on this feller? or is this another Greg Oden story in the making...

3 minutes ago, larfboy said:

so the question is...do we use a top 10 dynasty rookie draft pick on this feller? or is this another Greg Oden story in the making...

For upside I would.

I currently own the 6th pick in one league (ESPN league in sig) and 7th pick in another league(not listed in sig) both dynasty leagues...both really active...contemplating on what to do with MPJ...ever since last season i had my eyes set on drafting MPJ and now i dunno if 6 or 7 is too high for him.

22 minutes ago, larfboy said:

I currently own the 6th pick in one league (ESPN league in sig) and 7th pick in another league(not listed in sig) both dynasty leagues...both really active...contemplating on what to do with MPJ...ever since last season i had my eyes set on drafting MPJ and now i dunno if 6 or 7 is too high for him.

6 & 7 is definitely too high. Only because the top end of this draft is possibly the most stacked potential talent ever. 

7 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

6 & 7 is definitely too high. Only because the top end of this draft is possibly the most stacked potential talent ever. 

I would take Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, Jackson and Bamba over him. I'd then have to consider him with Carter, Sexton, Knox and Zhaire. I'd probably take Gilgeous, Trae, and Troy Brown right after him. I think he's absolutely in the 6-10 range.

hard to take a guy that high who we have barely seen against legit competition. He looked good in HS, but many people who did well in HS struggled in next level, considering how deep this draft is, I value these guys over him (in no particular order)

Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, Bamba, WCJ, Sexton, Knox, SGA.

just too many question marks to risk picks 6-10 for him when you got so many other choices who are much safer and potential big time players too.

• Like 2

They're all question marks. Porter is a freak, I'd rather take his upside than a guy like Michael Bridges without question.

More information is being leaked out very...... tactically.  I'd say it's more likely he sits out this year than plays.  

• Like 1

Newest reports are he could play as soon as early this season. Does this change anyone's opinion on him? Got Doncic and him in my rookie draft so felt pretty good about that. Feel like he could be the best prospect in this draft if healthy. Feel like he probably plays very limited if or when he does play this year but like him long term.

High injury risk rookie...  if he plays at all.  Plus plays on a good team with lots of depth.  I think this thread should be changed to 2019-20 season outlook.  

• Like 1

how one can like him long term? highly likely he is done at pro level. Chances of re-injury are great..sure, he can opt for another surgery or surgeries, but rehab is long and there is no guarantee he will be healthy long term..

Yahoo! has him listed as out, not injured, so you can't draft and stash him easily yet.

No one knows whether he's Embiid or whether he's Oden; no one knows whether he's done at the pro level, and frankly, those are the wrong questions, and we are the wrong people to answer them. The better question is whether or not you have the room and patience to stash him, more so for dynasties than redrafts, given his cost and his upside. The cost includes the opportunity cost of acquiring him and the cost of using the IL slot on him over someone else.

In a dynasty, he's a no-brainer to add to hold and to hug and to call George. In a redraft, I'd take him as my last pick if I had an IL slot available, but I'll confess, I'd expect to pitch him aside to keep a full, healthy roster. 

First team in sig is Dynasty 10 team league. I have the first waiver pick but already have Boogie on IL and holding onto Murray. Should I take Porter with my waiver pick or hold onto the waiver?

In dynasty I'd take the gamble, I did too. 

He's on the waiver, you have a very young team and if Porter pans out, you're set for the next 10 years with that roster. 

3 hours ago, przngd said:

Think he's worth a pick up before a potential rush? According to roto he's slated to come back soon 

I put him on my IL this morning. Why not.

Is he the future replacement for Millsap? Cause he needs to outplay Trey Lyle's toowho is an alright player

Just now, rob0403 said:

Is he the future replacement for Millsap? Cause he needs to outplay Trey Lyle's toowho is an alright player

With the way Millsap is looking this year, that may come sooner rather than later.  Millsap is cooked. You're right about Lyles though. We'll see.

How good is this guy? Could be be worth a roster spot in 12 teams league?