larfboy

Markelle Fultz 2018-19 Season Thread

As it has been with their Ben and Joel, do we trust the process with Markelle as well? So far his offseason progression with his fitness and shooting have been very promising! what do you guys expect out of the final piece of the process? 

19 minutes ago, larfboy said:

As it has been with their Ben and Joel, do we trust the process with Markelle as well? So far his offseason progression with his fitness and shooting have been very promising! what do you guys expect out of the final piece of the process? 

Not much, but if he's sitting on the board in the last 3 rounds of a redraft I'd be willing to see how the first week or two pans out. He could be incredible this year, and you need look no further than his team to see that you don't need a jumper if the rest of your game is strong enough.

They said the same thing last year that his jumper was fixed. Until I see it being used in a real game I will not believe it. Hard to see him becoming starter even if he improves with the starting five returning

• Like 1

Dude got triple double without jumper, I will be targeting him heavily at the end of draft (disclaimer: I only play 14+ teams league)

• Like 2

Markelle is one of the more intriguing guy heading to next year: he should be worth a risk between the 80-100 range, but that could change quickly with a few excellent preseason games. Managers who have early drafts might be able to get him Mich later than that.

• Like 1

Great pick in later part of draft, but Sixers last year had best +/- among all starting five units. So they will not shake it up. 6th man at best, which is not so bad for picks 100+

• Thanks 1

“Markelle is going to be very, very surprising this season. You’re going to be very pleased with Markelle. He is going to show you something this year… on and off the court.” — Dr. Lydecia Holmes on The Burner Podcast

When asked if she had seen Fultz’s (allegedly improved) jumper in workouts, Holmes has this to say.

“Yes I have. Yes I have. He’s going to be something to reckon with. Philly has a great team… They’re going to have a great team.”

Dr. Lydecia Holmes is Richaun Holmes mom.  So...

It'S Happening Ron Paul GIF

Edited by Ruspin Ruxin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

So . . . he's still not 100% healthy? How was he "injured" in the first place?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

I believe it was more  of a mental block that physical injury.  Dude can only get better :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I believe it was more  of a mental block that physical injury.  Dude can only get better :D

He went in what round in your summer mock ?

EDIT: OOHH I SEE... :D shiet 
you drafted him... round 11 :D  

EDIT 2: Jel to Divac na profilu ? LOL :lol:

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

He went in what round in your summer mock ?

EDIT: OOHH I SEE... :D shiet 
you drafted him... round 11 :D  

EDIT 2: Jel to Divac na profilu ? LOL :lol:

Vlade, one and only 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Vlade, one and only 

Niceeeee :) 

12 minutes ago, nkb32 said:

even if his jumper has improved, who are they going to bump out of the first five?
Embiid - C, Saric- PF, Lord Covington- SF, JJ- SG, Simmons- PG

only reasonable person to remove is Saric, but Covington cannot play the 4, so that's not happening. Besides, why would 76ers change the first unit, their first unit had the best +/- in all of NBA. that's why even if Fultz has improved (need to see in game action to believe it), it's hard to draft him at round 7 or 8. Many more viable options available.

If he is there round 9, I will take a chance on him, but not in early middle rounds

47 minutes ago, a-rob said:

even if his jumper has improved, who are they going to bump out of the first five?
Embiid - C, Saric- PF, Lord Covington- SF, JJ- SG, Simmons- PG

only reasonable person to remove is Saric, but Covington cannot play the 4, so that's not happening. Besides, why would 76ers change the first unit, their first unit had the best +/- in all of NBA. that's why even if Fultz has improved (need to see in game action to believe it), it's hard to draft him at round 7 or 8. Many more viable options available.

If he is there round 9, I will take a chance on him, but not in early middle rounds

What makes you think that Covington cannot play 4?    Saric is out, Simmons in nominally the 4. 

I think the stance that the Sixers had the best +/- of their starting 5 so they won't change is a little close-minded. Every single team competing is looking to improve. I'm assuming Embiid is going to have his rotations tweaked this year. I am assuming Simmons and Embiid have evolved their games and that will impact them as individuals and the players they share the court with. I am sure Reddick would love to play less minutes and stay fresher since he is the dinosaur in the group. Saric has probably evolved as well. I guess the point I am getting to is that this roster is young and evolving. They won't be the same as last year and they won't just stick to what they did last year by default. Talent will make them alter rotations and roles. The question that needs to be answered is centered around "what is Fultz's talent level TODAY" and based on that what does that do to the roster, usage, roles, etc. The answer is based on Fultz and not necessarily what the Sixers did with their roster and how players evolved from last year. Things are always evolving and changing. Studying history only takes you so far in fantasy sports. Predicting accurately is what takes you places in fantasy sports. And that can mean Fultz being a 6th or 10th man in the rotation or being a starter. Way to early to tell so may as well keep an open mind and not have bias unless your draft is today and you need to make a decision. 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, Gile Pile said:

What makes you think that Covington cannot play 4?    Saric is out, Simmons in nominally the 4. 

That would be a terrible idea imo, Saric is one of the most under appreciated players in the league and he gets better every month. If you take his slow first month or so out of the equation last year he was extremely efficient shooting and even better in the playoffs. With Saric out of the starting 5 I just don’t think the 76ers have enough shooting considering Covington is the streakiest shooter ever and cannot be trusted hence being benched for TJ in the playoffs. Fultz has a 6’10” wingspan which people tend to forget so I wouldn’t be shocked if they started Fultz over Covington at times. Covington is an elite defender but he is a league average 3PT shooter so with Simmons at PG I don’t think it would be too hard to figure out defensive assignments with this. That might sound crazy but Covington was the one who was benched in the playoffs for TJ McConnell as I mentioned which says a lot imo.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:45 PM, nkb32 said:

The preseason games are going to be so critical in seeing if he is truly over the yips. If he is actually shooting outside jumpers in the preseason games, then I would be confident in drafting him.