larfboy

Markelle Fultz 2018-19 Season Thread

9 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

It was just bad timing in Fultz's career. Simmons just took off last year and won't look back. Simmons and Embiid are just generational talents and there is no room for Fultz on that roster. The Sixers should deal him and get back a piece that fits the roster now. 

In fairness to Brown, when you are down a superstar and you are trying to win it is really easy to go to the players that have your trust. He knows what TJ will give him. Reddick too. I don't blame him for not going back to Fultz in 4Q and OT. Your instinct kicks in and you just try to win that game. A couple years ago Fultz would have had the longest leash, but times have changed in Philly. 

Completely inexcusable imo... If you show zero confidence in the kid, how do you expect him to gain the confidence and be the player you need him to be? We all know this kid has the talent, and everyone knows exactly what you can get out of TJ when closing out games. It's the 4th game of the season...A win or loss now has diminished value as compared to the middle and end of the year. Let the kid close out some games and play bigger minutes to see what you can get from him or if he can gain the confidence to be the player we all know he is capable of being. At least for the beginning of the season.

Anyways, my confidence is out for this kid. While I disagree with Brown's logic, I agree with your description of why Brown did what he did. I also do not foresee that changing at all, ESPECIALLY when Simmons is back to handle the ball. 

37 minutes ago, Jin said:

Time to drop? Dude’s just dropping dud after dud.

To be fair he could of had a monster night last night against Detroit but the coach made a dumb decision to bench the hot hand in the fourth. I think he will eventually get it together but it’s gonna take patience,

in a 8-12 team you can probably find better but in deep leagues he’s a hold.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Shamet is better. 

Shamet fits the team's needs better, he is not a better player. Nowhere near the potential. He is just a shooter.

It's troublesome for dynasty though that Fultz and Simmons don't fit well together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

Shamet fits the team's needs better, he is not a better player. Nowhere near the potential. He is just a shooter.

It's troublesome for dynasty though that Fultz and Simmons don't fit well together.

Yep that's what I meant.  Fultz obviously has a much higher ceiling but could also end up like a poor man's Tyreke.

Unlike many, I don't see this trade hurting Fultz.

Future lineup could well be:

Fultz

Redick

Butler

Simmons

Embid

They started Simmons at PF all last season. Butler gives them enough outside shooting with Redick also there. Butler is among the best triple threats in the game. 

I don't see them starting either Chandler or Muscala once Butler is in town. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Fultz

Redick

Butler

Simmons

Embid

They started Simmons at PF all last season. Butler gives them enough outside shooting with Redick also there. Butler is among the best triple threats in the game. 

Last season they had RoCo,Saric at 3-4. Why do you say they started Simmons there?

16 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Fultz

Redick

Butler

Simmons

Embid

Got to be honest, if they keep Fultz in the lineup after losing their two best shooters, it's less about basketball sense and more about their desperation to prove they didn't bust on their #1 pick. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tremixt said:

Got to be honest, if they keep Fultz in the lineup after losing their two best shooters, it's less about basketball sense and more about their desperation to prove they didn't bust on their #1 pick. 

And what's wrong with us benefitting from their desperation? The wrong guy starts all the time in the NBA.

17 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Last season they had RoCo,Saric at 3-4. Why do you say they started Simmons there?

Fair point. Simmons still played point no matter who started. And they often forced TJ or Bayless into the PG slot even though Ben was the initiator of the offense. They would play Ben on offense as the handler, and let the guard defend the opposing PG.

My only point is that Butler and Redick are so good they may feel they don't need a spot shooter at PG. As long as Fultz can defend the opposing PG.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Fultz

Redick

Butler

Simmons

Embid

I pretty much agree. Fultz will be a cutter and defender with the majority of his minutes. Blowouts he will get time to facilitate. I think Simmons at the 4 is the Sixers biggest competitive advantage. There are a handful of teams that have the ability to guard Reddick, Butler, and Simmons. The only teams that I can really think of with the ability to defend that lineup are the Raptors with Siakam taking Simmons and the Warriors with Dray taking Simmons. 

Everyone is focused on the outside shooting, and I get that, but Simmons at the 4 with Embiid and Butler is going to be crazy difficult for teams to defend. Everyone is forcing the 3 or short 2 philosophy because the Warriors and Rockets, but they have/had the personnel to do it. The Sixers have the personnel to really mismatch opponents. It doesn't need to be a 3 or a short 2, it can be through getting good looks in rhythm and racking up a crazy amount of fouls. Embiid can live anywhere on the court. Jimmy is a midrange player that slashes. Simmons is really a slasher and freak athlete that gets his. Reddick is a very tough cover. Fultz sucks, but he has zero pressure and can slash and play defense. There are many NBA starting 5's that have a "Fultz", but none of them have an Embiid or Simmons walking mismatch. I think patience to see how they stagger minutes and the rotations is probably best. Long term, I think the Sixers will deal Fultz. 

Last year they also put Embid at 4 and Holmes at 5. 

Last stop of this train. Getting off.. I can't see him having a fantasy impact .. today was his last chance to make an impression before butler arrives and I just don't see him showing enough ... adios! 

Yeah, until this dude can fix his shot I'm not touching him. Terrible percentages that aren't offset by anything. He's going to be low in scoring because there are other big time scorers on the team. His assists will be capped as well because of Simmons/Butler. Rebounds will be capped for obvious reasons. I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel unless there's an injury to Ben Simmons or he gets traded.

25 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Yeah, until this dude can fix his shot I'm not touching him. Terrible percentages that aren't offset by anything. He's going to be low in scoring because there are other big time scorers on the team. His assists will be capped as well because of Simmons/Butler. Rebounds will be capped for obvious reasons. I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel unless there's an injury to Ben Simmons or he gets traded.

ZwcBzDFDH-JJKorkRkL1tJGe4uf5R5gTJxyWEK8a

Damn. Fultz still has the Yips. That free throw reminded me of Barkley’s golf swing.

Wow. It seems like this getting worse for Fultz too. I hope he can get over this, but I am starting to have my doubts now. And with Jimmy coming in, the pressure is just going to get bigger.

I said this last year, but I still think the 76ers (and Fultz too) are doing a disservice to him by not publicly announcing that this is the yips. First treating this as a “shoulder injury” and then however else they are trying to describe it now instead of him just admitting this is a mental issue is wrong. It is so obvious it is the yips and unless he gets the proper help for it, it will ruin his career.

• Like 1

Man, if he can't produce with two starters off the court, when will he produce? Done and done.

Saw those free throws while eating dinner and threw up in my mouth a little bit. Those free throws cost the sixers alot of value. Unless you have six injured players and need a live body he is waiver wire material. I don't even think he is worth very much in dynasty formats.

Hate to write off players after just 1 season, but he has shown zero signs of being draft #1

2 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

Hate to write off players after just 1 season, but he has shown zero signs of being draft #1

I don't think it is a matter of being the #1 overall pick as much as it is about being a lottery pick or first round pick or an NBA draft pick. He has fallen completely off of a cliff. I don't want to sound like I am overreacting to a couple of free throws, but the yips don't really disappear mid-season. Imagine what the sixers know from all the hours of practice and gym time. I have to think that was a factor in the timing of the Butler deal. 

I had the yips once and the ball just finds you. And if you ever had them you know how in your head you are. And I see fultz thinking and not reacting instinctually on the court and I feel for the guy. He doesn't look like he is having fun. I haven't seen him happy on the court or really creating and excelling/dominating whenever I watch the sixers. Really sucks to see a young person go through that. 

3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Oh my god. Those free throws are a travesty

And to think Philly traded up from #3 (Tatum) to snatch this guy. I'd be sick to my stomach as the GM, if I wasn't already fired that is.

That glitch is as weird as I ever seen. After tie the shoes, he danced? It’s not funny but maybe it’s more of a nerve issue than mental ? Trying to stay positive here.