Sign in to follow this  
MillerTime89

Brandon Knight 2018-19 Outlook

So it’s looking like Brandon Knight will be the starting PG for the Suns heading into the season. Is there anyone out there that thinks he can be successful like in years past? What kind of season do you all think he will have, and will he be someone you’re targeting as a sleeper pick late in fantasy drafts?

• Like 1

Don't reveal our sleepers :lol: U will not get any serious answers to your questions about Knight here,nobody can tell u how good he will be when he returns.

Moreover, nobody will draft him in the first 10-11 rounds or spend more than $1 for him in auction drafts , so if u have a good feeling about Kinght ,pick him in a few leagues at the end of the drafts and cross yr fingers to pay u back..B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apart from being a laughing stock on so many occasions. He has also shown he can be a quality asset.. in his first couple seasons at Phoenix he averaged almost 20 points with strong supporting stats but does have trouble staying fit.. the new Phoenix coach likes him and is giving him full run at PG ( it's not like they have many options now ) so I will look at him late in the draft for sure 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

this guy is still in the league? seems like hes been gone forever

Only gone 1 year. If he can't fit into this team system however, he will be relegated quickly to the bench as an instant offense option. BK has to prove himself after his injury.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Does Okobo take his starting spot sooner rather than later?

Wait to ask my magic globe!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4C0KiR-9Fyr0f_k1j2Ov

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, x_Nemesis_x said:

Don't reveal our sleepers :lol: U will not get any serious answers to your questions about Knight here,nobody can tell u how good he will be when he returns.

Moreover, nobody will draft him in the first 10-11 rounds or spend more than $1 for him in auction drafts , so if u have a good feeling about Kinght ,pick him in a few leagues at the end of the drafts and cross yr fingers to pay u back..B)

17 minutes ago, x_Nemesis_x said:

Wait to ask my magic globe!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4C0KiR-9Fyr0f_k1j2Ov

I appreciate your modest feedback. I wish I had a magic globe, too!

• Haha 1

Tough to trust that he will stay healthy but for sure on the sleeper radar as the projected starting PG on the Suns.  He's still only 26 years old and was a top 40 per game 8 cat fantasy player during both the 14-15 & 15-16 seasons.  It's not like he can't play or be fantasy relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MillerTime89 said:

I appreciate your modest feedback. I wish I had a magic globe, too!

How many members from this board u think that they have a good opinion about Okobo? Have u ever heard his name before that draft?

If 10 members say Okobo is a stud or Knight will return 100% healthy after 1,5 year , u will overdaft Okobo or Knight???

Everything u will read in this thread is pure speculation.. Thats I am trying to show u using sarcasm.. We will have a better image about that situation when  the preseason's games of Suns take place.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, x_Nemesis_x said:

How many members from this board u think that they have a good opinion about Okobo? Have u ever heard his name before that draft?

If 10 members say Okobo is a stud or Knight will return 100% healthy after 1,5 year , u will overdaft Okobo or Knight???

Everything u will read in this thread is pure speculation.. Thats I am trying to show u using sarcasm.. We will have a better image about that situation when  the preseason's games of Suns take place.

I feel ya. I guess I was just thinking out loud (or via keyboard). 

To be honest the strat is to pick BK with your last pick and then dump him for Okobo if things turn bad. No point drafting Okobo unless your league is that deep.

• Like 2

He has potential to be the new 17/18 Tyreke, basically he is in the same situation and has the same ceiling, especially in punt FG%

• Like 4

If I can get him in the last couple of rounds, I'm doing it without a second thought. 95% of the time I end up dropping those players anyway so it's very low risk possibly high reward pick. He went undrafted in my league last year so there's a good chance he'll probably fall pretty low. He's not really on anyone's radar 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:43 AM, AndreSplash said:

Does Okobo take his starting spot sooner rather than later?

Probably not...he's only a 20 year old rookie who will need lots of time to adjust and develop.  I don't think he starts at all this year.  Suns also have Harrison who would seem more likely start over Okobo, and Booker can play the PG spot while they stuff the lineup with whatever logjam of players they decide to plug in.  I'm taking the under on 20 min game for Okobo even off the bench.  

On 8/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, pedros2507 said:

He has potential to be the new 17/18 Tyreke, basically he is in the same situation and has the same ceiling, especially in punt FG%

I agree - I think the minutes and opportunity are going to be there for him.  And like Tyreke, he is going to have something to prove, but it is all going to be contingent on staying healthy.

I actually have never really been a Knight fan, but I would definitely draft him late where there is really no risk involved if he is there.

• Like 1

Not sure on Booker's effect on him.  Still worth the risk in low rounds though seeing how thin the Suns are at PG.  He should handle the ball quite a bit.  None of the young bigs can handle the ball, and Ayton definitely can't.  It's just Knight, Booker, and some Josh Jackson doing ill fated ISOs.  Pretty sad how the Suns have botched most/all their draft picks.  

25 minutes ago, hoopking said:

Now who will start? the rook? 

looks like both rooks (Okobo and Melton) will be fighting/sharing the spot.. Melton adds more value next to Booker with his shooting I feel

Well then his stock just plummeted big time. And I don't see him as a 6th man either with Eric Gordon still there.

Suns just reek of tank.  They got a taste of that number one pick and want another?   Too bad they are terrible at drafting.  Will probably draft another big man when they really need a PG.  

26 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Suns just reek of tank.  They got a taste of that number one pick and want another?   Too bad they are terrible at drafting.  Will probably draft another big man when they really need a PG.  

Loving my dynasty Okobo pick now. He should be a pretty decent PG. Probably already better than Knight.