miasma16

Kevin Durant 2018-19 Season Outlook

from fantasy standpoint, I will try to stay away from drafting Durant and Curry in first 5 picks. Durant was painful to own last year, sat out so many games because of minor dings. Warriors have nothing to prove in the 82 game regular season. even if they are only 4th or 5th seed, they don't care. As long as every body is healthy for the playoffs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, a-rob said:

from fantasy standpoint, I will try to stay away from drafting Durant and Curry in first 5 picks. Durant was painful to own last year, sat out so many games because of minor dings. Warriors have nothing to prove in the 82 game regular season. even if they are only 4th or 5th seed, they don't care. As long as every body is healthy for the playoffs.

I tend to agree.  The Warriors are getting close to going through the motions in the regular season now and they're all 30 or approaching it, Kerr will rest them a few games when he can.  

And LOL at the snake angle..... that's a perspective 12 year olds take.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And LOL at the snake angle..... that's a perspective 12 year olds take.  

?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

KD only played in 68 games last year and still finished in the Top 3. If you have a Top 5 pick I think he is a safe bet to repeat. He was really efficient and gave you 1.8bpg. 82 games in a season and he sat out 14 games. In Roto that’s not bad, in H2H who is going to do better? How many games do ya’ll expect him to sit out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

KD only played in 68 games last year and still finished in the Top 3. If you have a Top 5 pick I think he is a safe bet to repeat. He was really efficient and gave you 1.8bpg. 82 games in a season and he sat out 14 games. In Roto that’s not bad, in H2H who is going to do better? How many games do ya’ll expect him to sit out?

In roto his missed games don’t matter that much as you stated because he still finished in the top 3. H2H has more variance as all you really care about is games played during the fantasy playoffs, assuming you make the playoffs.  If he doesn’t miss games during the fantasy playoffs then whatever he missed during the regular season is basically irrelevant. However, if he has significant rest days during the fantasy playoffs, and that costs you a match then well he should be discounted more than a few spots.  As you have no control over rest days I’d say he and Curry are high risk/high reward. That said the only players I would over KD are AD and Towns.  An argument can be made that other players could be taken over Durant but any of those players also have some risk of rest days and are worse players.  So Durant is third on my board.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

in my book Durant is 5th pick at the earliest in H2H, after (in no particular order)   Giannis, A. Davis, Towns and Jokic

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

In roto his missed games don’t matter that much as you stated because he still finished in the top 3. H2H has more variance as all you really care about is games played during the fantasy playoffs, assuming you make the playoffs.  If he doesn’t miss games during the fantasy playoffs then whatever he missed during the regular season is basically irrelevant. However, if he has significant rest days during the fantasy playoffs, and that costs you a match then well he should be discounted more than a few spots.  As you have no control over rest days I’d say he and Curry are high risk/high reward. That said the only players I would over KD are AD and Towns.  An argument can be made that other players could be taken over Durant but any of those players also have some risk of rest days and are worse players.  So Durant is third on my board.  

In 8-cat roto, would you take Harden over KD?

It's tough guys... KD playing 80+ games is by far the best fantasy player... Now... him missing 14 games doesn't sound much... but majority of those games missed will probably be when it's most important for your team (fantasy playoff)... with that in mind... I'll take ahead of him (9cat H2H redraft): AD, KAT, Gianni, Harden, Jokic, Lillard... Maybe  I'm wrong... maybe I'm not... who knows... ? We'll see...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

45 minutes ago, Stefan said:

It's tough guys... KD playing 80+ games is by far the best fantasy player... Now... him missing 14 games doesn't sound much... but majority of those games missed will probably be when it's most important for your team (fantasy playoff)... with that in mind... I'll take ahead of him (9cat H2H redraft): AD, KAT, Gianni, Harden, Jokic, Lillard... Maybe  I'm wrong... maybe I'm not... who knows... ? We'll see...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"By far"?  No

13 minutes ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

"By far"?  No

OK... I got a little carried away... AD playing 80+ games is as good as KD...

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Not for nothing but I think a healthy AD is better than a healthy KD.  You really can’t beat his incredible efficiency, rebounds, points, and elite stocks.  Plus he plays center which is the scarest position. I think a healthy KD is better than KAT and everyone else though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s all risk based. I doubt Durant will miss a lot of games due to “rest”. Example last year, he missed 8 games of the 14 he missed all before the All star break. The last 5 he missed during “Fantasy playoff” which looks to be around championship round he was legitimately hurt “Hurt ribs” which sidelined him a week. Also keep in mind that if you think they are going to run away with the 1st seed you might be mistaken as you see they couldn’t catch the rockets last season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

It’s all risk based. I doubt Durant will miss a lot of games due to “rest”. Example last year, he missed 8 games of the 14 he missed all before the All star break. The last 5 he missed during “Fantasy playoff” which looks to be around championship round he was legitimately hurt “Hurt ribs” which sidelined him a week. Also keep in mind that if you think they are going to run away with the 1st seed you might be mistaken as you see they couldn’t catch the rockets last season.

Hey that's true... I agree 

BUT as far as we know... they don't care all that much about 1st seed/place...

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was a pain to own last year with his foot injuries but he came through in a lot of close weeks. I wouldn't probably take him as a top 7 pick though

28 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Who would you target in the second round if you get Durant in a H2h 9 cat league?

Oladipo, Butler, and Kawhi to boost your steals, they would all be mean combos. But they all might be gone. Paul George is another, Drummond (killer in rbs, FG% and blocks) CP3 (dimes galore, great FG%, basically good in every cat with those two)

That is the thing about KD he is SO well rounded he can be combined with almost anyone. Its just the rest and niggling injuries that are annoying

2 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Oladipo, Butler, and Kawhi to boost your steals, they would all be mean combos. But they all might be gone. Paul George is another, Drummond (killer in rbs, FG% and blocks) CP3 (dimes galore, great FG%, basically good in every cat with those two)

That is the thing about KD he is SO well rounded he can be combined with almost anyone. Its just the rest and niggling injuries that are annoying

Thanks mate.

I am assuming Butler,  Drummond and maybe CP3 would be available (but was I was thinking of punting assists). KD dropped down to the 8th pick so I'm pretty happy.

Edited by j3rkthenurk

One thing to consider is that GSW's schedule is easier this year as far as b2bs. They will still rest guys but I would expect 70-74 games from KD which puts him clearly top 5 for roto.

Absolute % anchor, and the added blocks last year was money.

If to assume that all players complete 82 games, then Durant is for me clear No2 after AD. And if it is repeat of the last season (Durant 68, Harden 72 and Giannis 75 games) even then I draft him ahead of mentioned players.

16 minutes ago, fantasychamp123 said:

What happened to this guy's 3s and blocks???

Last night he made a block (the block is even in the highlights), but in the official stats, there is no block...